The Infinite Black - v2.0 Beta Test (0.9.4)

Greetings,
I wanted to give you guys a quick update on where we are standing on 0.9.4b (or 0.9.5... haven't decided yet). The main focus of 0.9.4 was updating the chat client which I think was a success, however as happens all too often in software development fixing one issue brought to light 2 more. A pretty nasty performance sink made it into the build which I've been working on resolving this week. Work on this bug also made it painfully obvious that the issue with moderators being duplicated in the friends list needed to be fixed sooner rather than later. The good news is that this has been a pretty productive week, both the above issues as well as a number of others have been resolved and will be in the next build which will will be published either later today or tomorrow (apologies in advance to our iOS users, I will submit to iTunes when the other builds are published but after that its in their hands). The short list of fixes include:
- Issue with performance degradation over time should be resolved
- Issue with moderators, waypoints, chat commands being added to the friends list should be resolved
- Issue with long chat messages crashing the client is fixed (max chat line length is 120 characters)
- The 'send' button on the chat dialog now works
- On the desktop build, escape and home key bindings were colliding with the input field key bindings.. this should be fixed
- On iOS, the application logging out when an alert, text message, top / bottom window, etc shows is fixed (sorry guys, I didn't realize this was happening until recently)
There are a couple of other issues such as not being able to trade with non-ally ships (cant trade in black issue) that I'm working on getting done today as well.
So, expect a new build soon and as always thank you for your feedback.
- orian

orian

- On iOS, the application logging out when an alert, text message, top / bottom window, etc shows is fixed (sorry guys, I didn't realize this was happening until recently)
- orian

Will this also fix the 20% and 10% warning that pop up and disconnect the app?

i just want to say ty to mods for all there hard work u guys and gals are da bomb!!!

Thanks for the update Orion, have been enjoying using unity especially multi boxing with it.
Must take a lot of patience developing. As it must seem like two steps forward and one back at times.
Looking forward to the next release.

NickCR

orian

- orian

Will this also fix the 20% and 10% warning that pop up and disconnect the app?

Do you mean when the battery is low? Yes, it should. If the app goes into a 'paused' state for less than 30 seconds you will stay logged in. If the app is closed it will log you out as normal.
- orian

Greetings,
The new bits for beta 0.9.4b are fresh off the press and live on the web site. Google Play is being updated as I type this. Improvements include:
- Performance decreases during long play sessions should be fixed
- Sort order of entity lists should now match other clients, IE. carriers are now on top. Keep in mind the entity list filter settings affect which ships are displayed in each list
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the player directory
- Fixed escape and home key bindings overriding the default escape/home functionality of input fields on desktop versions
- Fixed send button in chat not functioning
iOS Players
Assuming no show-stoping issues are uncovered tonight I will submit this build to the App store tomorrow. As always, I thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay.
Please feel free to report any bugs or issues on this forum thread. All feedback is appreciated.
- orian

orian

Greetings,
The new bits for beta 0.9.4b are fresh off the press and live on the web site. Google Play is being updated as I type this. Improvements include:
- Sort order of entity lists should now match other clients, IE. carriers are now on top. Keep in mind the entity list filter settings affect which ships are displayed in each list
- Fixed escape and home key bindings overriding the default escape/home functionality of input fields on desktop versions
iOS Players
Assuming no show-stoping issues are uncovered tonight I will submit this build to the App store tomorrow. As always, I thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay.
Please feel free to report any bugs or issues on this forum thread. All feedback is appreciated.
- orian

Awesome, can't wait to have it on my Apple devices. Thank you for your hard work. And on that note of upgrading, how can I upgrade my Mac app without losing all my unity settings from the previous build?

Portrait mode out yet?

NickCR

orian

Greetings,
iOS Players
- orian

Awesome, can't wait to have it on my Apple devices. Thank you for your hard work. And on that note of upgrading, how can I upgrade my Mac app without losing all my unity settings from the previous build?

Greetings,
On the mac I usually just pull down the zip, decompress it then copy it to the location where the existing app is (in my case, the desktop). All your accounts should still be there but if you have issues please let me know. The plan is to create an installer soon for all desktop versions but it is still probably a ways out.
- orian

WhiteLance

Portrait mode out yet?

Focus right now is on producing a stable and performant client in landscape mode. I'm not saying it wont happen, but it's not going to be any time soon. sorry.
- orian