Corporation banned for fake kills question

I believe what might be where the problem was/is people killing alts that would not defend them self... if u have and alt garrison and u strip defense before bust by your main.. I would say that is an offense. I do not thin destroy your alt garrison is. But if u strip it od defense before hand then yes.. killing alt account yes. Either is an exploitation of infamy rules for gain...

Ozymandias

We're not going to discuss the specifics. Banned players are free to write us at [email protected]  to discuss options.
If a player or group conspires to kill another player or garrison to "farm" some benefit, such as Combat Points or Bounty Hunter repairs, anyone involved is liable for exploiting.
Accessing the game means you agree to the EULA; Specifically Restricted Conduct:
http://theinfiniteblack.com/tib/eula.html#h.9n95sjaoedv4

You may not engage in any conduct that results in a beneficial gain for yourself or others by exploiting mechanics, systems, rules or limitations in a manner that was not intended by the game’s designers. Any conduct which is not “in the spirit of the game” is considered exploitative, and is a violation of this EULA.

Killing alts is not in the spirit of the game. Engaging in a Garrison battle you've rigged, with no risk, is an exploit.
If I detect someone doing it I will at the very least set their Combat Points to zero, and/or just ban them entirely.
It ruins the game and cheapens everyone's actual legitimate achievements.

What Ozy means simplistically for those who are attempting to...decipher what he is saying (Which he states quite clearly above).
The EULA states: You may not engage in any conduct that results in a beneficial gain for yourself or others by exploiting mechanics, systems, rules or limitations in a manner that was not intended by the game’s designers. Any conduct which is not “in the spirit of the game” is considered exploitative, and is a violation of this EULA.
Meaning, by killing your own alternative account or owned Nano-Garrison, you are giving yourself CP which was not truly gained through fighting other players or that were gained "In the spirit of the game". You intentionally killed characters and Garrisons under your own control. This can be considered cheating to gain CP more easily for yourself "a beneficial gain for yourself or others by exploiting mechanics, systems, rules or limitations in a manner that was not intended by the game’s designers."
The answer to not getting banned for breaking these rules are simple, don't kill personally owned accounts and/or Garrisons. Get out there and bust other peoples Nanos. Least you'll gain CP without getting in trouble.

But you are fighting the garrison.. Its not like you can stop it from shooting...

WhiteLance

But you are fighting the garrison.. Its not like you can stop it from shooting...

As a girl once told me... NO MEANS NO!!
Lol maybe it is along the same lines with theses questions. No if ands or buts.

IGUY

WhiteLance

As a girl once told me... NO MEANS NO!!
Lol maybe it is along the same lines with theses questions. No if ands or buts.

Hey i dont do it, i dont own a nano, nor do i bust often.

Honestly the garrison thing bothers me most. That one I believe is a harder line to draw... that one's att is controlled by the computer. Is almost like a npc that is owned by some one. As long as your not intentially making it an easier kill... I do not own a nano... but I do not want to be banNed for bust another person alt garrison. I cannot keep up with who all has alts and where they are on a map. I agree if some one is exploiting something or just in general taking the spirit of the game and trashing it... then ban by all means..

I'm completely against busting you own garrys, but I'm afraid innocent people may be punished. What if you are sitting on your nano garry, which is not part of your alliance, someone jumps in, triggers it and you get locked into combat? Are you expected to just take a beating? I know this may not be a likely scenario, but it could happen.

Just don't do it. Let's keep it fair, wats so hard to understand. No one is perfect but you'll cry when you are cheated out of something.

WhiteLance

If you accidentally detonate a Garrison, CJ, EJ, whatever, or just sit there and die.
Durability loss is way better then being banned in my opinion. Course, my opinion is my own, whats yours on the subject :3

All these happen is because of 3x CP event...No one bust his alt garrison in normal days as it not profitable in terms money(redeploy)/cp...
in the past redeploy cost was already increased, i belive to prevent people bust their own Nano garry...and i belive it work...till we start anouncing 3xCP events...
I think simple solution will be in Event of 3xCP the garrison redeploy cost must be 3xCost too....
Defenetly no one will redeploy his own garry multiply times in any type of events...if redeploy cost will be proportionaly increased with combat point multiplyer.