BD Drop Solution

How in the hell did this become a solution to the problem??
Ya took roid and achievement xp away from hc without any problem, overnight, do the same with their bd drops, problem solved, no need to redesign the map or how jumps work.
Easy, or, we can propose changes that are going to cause you to have to deal with half the population bitching at you.
No one has issues with paying for jumps, no one has issues when someone manages to survive for 10-15 seconds to cj/rj/ej away from a losing situation. We have an issue with not having that tiny trickle of bd income for the noobs, you have a problem with hc's exploiting bd drops.
The solution is simple, why you haven't just done it already is what's making people start to question the reasons behind it.

Why not just not let hcs pop roids..

Ozymandias
How do players feel about making Earth Jump, Corp Jump and Rift Jump only work from Blue and Alliance sectors?
We would remove the BD cost and make it instant, but you couldn't jump from anywhere. We'd add new Blue sectors on the corners of the map.
We did this in Rings of Night and it seemed to work pretty well, but it's definitely a big change for TIB.

I would like this.

I think ron rules should stay on ron :) tib is to good for ron :) wouldnt wanna spoil ron :) errm i mean tib :)

Is it not codeable to eliminate bd drops to hc accts? That was the original problem after all.

VitaminH
Instead of being either or... Why not both? Just make cluster/blue jumps free and leave the option to pay for jumps wherever else. Add more blue if you want.
I just really appreciate being able to end a game session from anywhere within 7-24 seconds and not have to worry about my dura from logging out in the middle of rift.

Vitamin makes a great point. There are also other reasons for players to cj/ej from any sector that I haven't seen mentioned. Whenever someone from your alliance calls for invy/rifty/pvp hunt it would take a lot longer to group up. Not that big of a deal but still frustrating. It would be extremely rough if enemy is busting your garrisons and you have to fly to center of map in order to cj and defend. And other scenarios that would make players not want to rift farm or do rifties as much imo.
Just a couple more situations that could change the game in a huge way. I personally like the idea of just making it free to jump from blue/alliance sectors.

I like the idea. I say go for it!

NtendoLegend
How in the hell did this become a solution to the problem??
Ya took roid and achievement xp away from hc without any problem, overnight, do the same with their bd drops, problem solved, no need to redesign the map or how jumps work.
Easy, or, we can propose changes that are going to cause you to have to deal with half the population bitching at you.
No one has issues with paying for jumps, no one has issues when someone manages to survive for 10-15 seconds to cj/rj/ej away from a losing situation. We have an issue with not having that tiny trickle of bd income for the noobs, you have a problem with hc's exploiting bd drops.
The solution is simple, why you haven't just done it already is what's making people start to question the reasons behind it.

+100

I rather play TIB not RON tbh being able to jump whenever or where ever is better then not being able to move at all

I agree with gameboi, even as a hardcore player myself. I'd rather have no bd drops on hardcore, then free cj/ej/rj. Stuns/splash fleets would run rampant giving almost no means to escape from a fleet and cause a lot more problems. Players who don't own a carrier or deflector, also new players who join the game will be greatly affected and be at a disadvantage. As gameboi and dominion stated this problem was caused by hardcore accounts, the cost of jumps never had anything to do with the original issue. I feel taking away bd drops from hardcore would be a more simple and sound solution to the issue.