Transfers between servers

Whatever. merge them. it'll be great and wonderful. look how well previous merges worked out.
any ideas to the contrary are fake news!

I'm not sure where I stand between transferring between Gold and Unity, but I do believe that there should be options. This could possibly mean a new server down the road that is equivalent to Unity, same rules/ships unlocked/etc.
This is why I believe its for the best --
Before, when folks had drama, or a corporation/alliance started to fall apart, there were options. If you were on Red when MURK or Guns N Glory started falling apart, you could choose to leave and transfer to Grey server. Starting over, but keeping your progress on your ships and gear.This allowed folks to network, and it felt like a new challenge. All your hard work wasn't gone (like now if you want to go to Gold server), but you had new faces, new corporations, new alliances. It gave a lot of people a reason to play, even when things were falling apart in a place they had been for years. Folks from Red server could go try out Blue, or Green, or even Gray if they fancied pvp.
Now, if folks have a corporation or alliance that is struggling, you essentially have 3 options. 1) Try and go out on your own. Make a corporation, and be up against 2-3 very powerful alliances, where you'll be crushed and it would take years to be on a level playing field. 2) Start all over and go to Gold. All the time, money, and friendships you've made on your current server would be gone. You'd have to start completely over, from scratch. or 3) Quit the game, or stop playing it as much because you're stuck.
I really believe having options helps keep people interested and playing the game. If things get difficult, there was always a place you could move where all your hard work and money spent wasn't for nothing. At this current time, we don't have that, which is why we're seeing lots of folks retiring or quitting, or only playing very rarely.
Again, not advocating for transfers between Gold and Unity, but just my observations on before and after when there were more options when things became difficult or frustrating.

It was tough to leave Unity because of all I had invested, so I can definitely understand wanting options. I still hope that one day I can bring over my anni and assassins. I feel like a third server with new rules and transfers allowed from unity might be a good thing. In doing that I would think some consolidation might be needed for the servers of unity and thought maybe the way to do it would be pick 2 servers like grey and red and give everyone one free transfer and a deadline. Anyone who hasn't transferred by the deadline will be automatically sorted into the Lesser populated server/new server or something to that effect (the login screen would be a little easier to understand too). New Beginnings can really breathe life into the game. I've seen so many players come over from unity and give it a try but end up going back because they can't just leave all the progress and effort they put in. It says a lot that people will continue playing a game even if they don't enjoy it at the current state.

No, please no. Please never ever transfer drama's again!