The Infinite Black - Client v3

I'm all for fleet management. Let people associate their accts to their main and work off a collective set of commands for a fleet. max size 5.
People are already mboxing. It makes for a richer experience for some.
Other Ideas:
Code in 3D graphics for activities like Gbusting and PVP.
User submitted ship artwork. Nothing already copyrighted or registered.
Revamp Fighters and Drones. Bring in small bonuses for each type. Corp selected through Garrison Perks.
Add Counter Attack Chance.
Counters have 1/2 power, do not deplete timer, do not carry special "stun" or "grapple".
Add a BD reward* for login and activity. 10 day, 30 day etc. Aside from level rewards this can be a system which helps newer players.
In addition to the above give the geezers something shiny* so they don't qq. A one time whatever based upon level and time played.
*Possibly linked to main acct per IP/MAC excepting SB staff approval.
Just a few thoughts...oh and whatever was on the Client that raised that QQ flag so high.
I do like the hologram pics Ozzy. And most critical would be main topic item.

Gentlemen we all know what is needed here...
The ship graphic plsss sss at least make it the original ships if new designs are not a possibility but everyone I've talked says the same the ships in unity are not good

just tested on android, and and i still don't see a portrait mode.

otiswn
just tested on android, and and i still don't see a portrait mode.

Can use this app to force portrait mode: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.eyesfree.setorientation
But yes, portrait mode should be built-in.

Also, why are friendly name tags written in red, I still try and shoot at first glance when seeing red name.

That is beautiful - works like a charm, thanks Pyro!

I love Unity, but the graphics literally give me headaches when I use it. I also prefer old clients chat and equipment pages.

1) What do you like most about the current Unity client?
- easy to navigate both on pc or tablet
- customization options, although there’s still room for improvement (ability to change placement of buttons on the screen)
- tap to repair / attack, clear shot, stop following
- using 4 columns on pc is fantastic, makes pvp much easier although I would like to see an option to feed techs/rescues faster
- engineer everywhere
- customization of chat filters, it’s a pain at the beginning but when you sort it out it really works.
2) What is the most frustrating thing about the current Unity client?
Graphics and audio. Art design and sounds were the hardest part to get used to when I switched from old client (which I still think is a lot better in some areas than unity). And I’m a gameplay-over-graphics gamer… Both playable ships and npcs ships doesn’t look good, color scheme is much worse and less appealing than the old client. The map, sectors and sector connectors, starports, roids etc. – all looked better in the old client. I also preferred my ship ‘sliding’ from one sector into another in the old client, in unity it’s an instant teleport. DuoPT also mentioned about cosmetic micro transactions – if it’s implemented correctly and it’s not asking me to buy something every 5mins than of course it’s a good idea.
Audio – I love the old client music. Love it so much I’m playing it in background when using unity on pc.
Chat sounds in unity - one simple “beep” for everything. The old client has different chat sounds (market, corp, ally, private message etc.), they are also much more pleasant to the ear, especially on headphones. When I’m on PC unity and I go afk for a moment all I can hear is the same “beep”, I don’t know if its corp, market or maybe someone pm-ing me… Actually a simple copy/paste of the old client sounds would work just fine. Same thing with equipping gear – another “beep”, why not the good old mechanical sound from the old client?
Auction house and equipment. Search option in auction would be great. For example – type in “oblivion” and all oblivions currently posted are popping up. I’m not a big fan of unity equipment window too. Some kind of a mix between unity and old client equipment would be nice. Oh, and why oh why I’m always getting a confirmation pop-up when I’m about to scrap a common drill or computer?
I’d like to have my friend/enemy list and client settings to be stored on the server, so when I switch from pc to mobile app I’m still using the exact same client.
Something like “fleet chat” would be great too. Driver creates a room, pvp ships join and follow the driver, the moment they join they are automatically added to the new room. Fleet chat is closed after pvp when the driver parks the fleet and manually closes the room.
“Wrong chat” aka wc problem must be solved too. Maybe change the backgrounds of each chat tab/window so it could be easily to distinguish?
Some people mentioned it here - more content in TiB would be great.
3) What is the most confusing thing for new players using the current Unity client?
If a new player starts playing TiB on unity it can be a mess for him, the massive amount of information in events can confuse him and I don’t think a newbie can use the settings to turn off what he doesn’t need.
I think the first 15 – 20 levels of the game could be rebalanced to make life of new players less frustrating.
So long story short – a combination of old client’s appeal, atmospheric graphics/audio and some functionalities with unity’s positive qualities – and we have a winner and a fantastic client v3 :)

Great post RivenDeckard, sums it up perfectly for me.

Dominion
Also, why are friendly name tags written in red, I still try and shoot at first glance when seeing red name.

When you log in your lead account of X alliance you start to see names popping up on the map as alli members move. Then you log out and in to your lead account of Y alliance. You'll still see the guys on the map for a bit. Somewhere here is where I stop both caring and understanding, but I think the problem can be found in this general area.