Ozy: Steam

VitaminH
Wallace
Game is atrophying because there is no new content. You can create new servers / merge servers etc. but the fundamental issue is that the way the game is structured, people will lose interest once they reach a certain level / equip setup etc. We need new content. This goes back a year or so when I mentioned that eventually we would all be running around in ults with the same setups - lo and behold we pretty much are on grey at least. Have each type of ship have a purpose, have planets / blackholes / gravity sinks to make the map more interesting, add intelligent mobs that require work beyond just sitting in an invasion and fire / heal. If you have ever played a MUD you would know what I mean. MUDs used to be text based but is basically what TiB is based on.
I am all for a merge because we get to play with more people (a bit of new content / game dynamics with some more alliances). If the issue is grey is too much pvp for RGB, follow the RON model and create another level with RIFT / BLACK and call it Grey or non-pvp. It satisfies the farmers and if you want to pew, jump to rift.

Not to worry sir. New content is on the way. It just isn't on the way to TIB. Perhaps you will be able to find what you like in undead hero, heroes of dire, dire, critter catch, rings of night, or TIB 2.
Now, this might not be much comfort to you if you, like myself, are highly invested in TIB and not interested in whatever hot new game is coming out... But it seems to brighten up a lot of people's moods on the forum... So I guess it's worth a shot.

*Achievement Unlocked - I Respecting Savage*

So about that upgraded client that wouldn't take a few hours to make? That regular layman already previously made and had in operation? That those same people have likely already got tired of waiting for and have a new later and greater version of already? Yeah, about that....

Also, how about a target date for Steam opening? How about a target date on the server merges?
My personal favorite, how about merging all 4 servers? If needed for map space open up a rift II layer.
Come on guys, all plans no action is all we see.

Well, the no action part wouldn't be so bad if communication was clearer and more regular.