concerns about universal auction house

End argument:
1: You sell at your own discretion.
2: Do not sell stuff you cannot afford to lose.
3. Pay for stuff worthy of the price.
4. Haggle, as buyer or seller.
5. Walk away as you wish, without buying.
Why would you buy anything in real life without these simple controls over your desire?
Universal auction for server or not, real life or not, there will always be an arsehole trying to rip you a new hole.
Currently it is mostly grey server players QQ over losing the cash cow. Man they are gonna hate it when BD prices equate.
Wise up folks.

Wyndham

Wise up folks.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE! STUDY IT OUT!!!

Wyndham, you're so dumb you can't even read back far enough to see that I support a universal ah. That doesn't change the fact that Dominion's numbers are an accurate reflection of the auction houses of the other servers. I'll happily sell you my crap gear at inflated prices and use the money to research my Corp garri. Best of luck with your reading comprehension skills.

What you guys do not realize is that the game is already functioning as an open market.
One of the reasons there is very little premium gear in the RgB markets is that a ton of it gets shipped to gray. You can't carry more than 1m credits to gray but you can carry a maxed out bank/inventory.
At 130 items, the BD transfer fee is negligible.
Right now you have what amounts to a 3-5% tariff per item (on a maxed bank). With a universal market you are just eliminating the tariff. I really don't think this will impact the game as much as you guys seem to think.

Flair1239
What you guys do not realize is that the game is already functioning as an open market.
One of the reasons there is very little premium gear in the RgB markets is that a ton of it gets shipped to gray. You can't carry more than 1m credits to gray but you can carry a maxed out bank/inventory.
Right now you have what amounts to a 3-5% tariff per item (on a maxed bank). With a universal market you are just eliminating the tariff. I really don't think this will impact the game as much as you guys seem to think.

I agree, but that gear flows both ways. The high end stuff comes to gray, mostly, and the lower end stuff goes to other servers. At the credit inflated prices of rbg the uc-ur market is profitable.
And I'd say the tariff is lower. At 130 items per ship, that's less than 1 bd per transfer. On leg+ that's less than 1% of the sales price.

Mithraeus
Flair1239

I agree, but that gear flows both ways. The high end stuff comes to gray, mostly, and the lower end stuff goes to other servers. At the credit inflated prices of rbg the uc-ur market is profitable.
And I'd say the tariff is lower. At 130 items per ship, that's less than 1 bd per transfer. On leg+ that's less than 1% of the sales price.

You have to count the transfer back fee when you buy on gray. Cause the return trip is never a full load.

quiyet
Gavinuo
I would like to see both currencies be able to be posted.
For instance.. I have an Ultimate item but plenty of credits... so I post it for BDs ONLY.

This has been brought up before. Terrible idea. It would destroy the market.
All items would be for bds only.

Aren't there a lot of ulti's trading for bd's already? Sellers not accepting credits and not using AH since they only want the bd's.

Flair1239
Mithraeus
Flair1239

You have to count the transfer back fee when you buy on gray. Cause the return trip is never a full load.

So maybe 2 bds per item? Still, that's pretty cheap considering the money one can make.
Not really a hill I want to die on though. There's a small tariff, opinions vary on percentage cost.

Wyndham
A snap shot based at that moment huh? Where is this snapshot with a timer? You cannot state against that things change regularly, thus this should not hold any weight in any decision.
You think a moment in-game taken at that time reflects now, this instant? Auction house and bd rates change each time someone plays fair or tries differently.
The fluidity is important, deals good or bad, are purely at the individual player's discretion. As buyer or seller.
An universal auction house will help folks decide a good price or not. Fluidity of movement in an universal auction house will only improve grey server finances. Considering the obvious Legendary buff on HC top wins per day at the very least.
Do you not understand this? You will gain stupid cash for crap you don't want or need. At other server's expense. Your paranoia of stuff migrating to another server is entirely your own server player's behaviour, not any other server player's behaviour. Sort it out your end if you are so worried.
Or just stfu and step out of stuff on other servers that does not concern you. Grey server folks telling other server folks how they want the game fixed. 90% of other server players know a moment of grey server seller exploitation, I guarantee this.

1. A timer? Look for yourself, at any time and any gear. Compare apples to apples across all 4 servers. I CAN state things don't change regularly in respect to the server ratios of gear available, I have researched it and it is a fact. This SHOULD hold weight in a decision, that is if one is to make an educated decision based on available facts.
2. Fluidity statement- Ok, no argument there. Also, no bearing on anything for that matter.
3. You're getting stuck on the legendary part, and blaming it on HC prizes. Do the same comparison with an ultimate gear of your choosing. Same thing. This also goes back to proving you're wrong on the snapshot subject.
4. A few guys with the glut of gear will make money, you are right. The up and coming in our server will be hurt by less gear availability and higher prices. I care more for them than you frankly.
5. This statement is SO hypocritical it makes my head hurt. How does it not concern Grey server? It's OUR gear you're trying to get your grubby little hands on. IF we're forced to remain isolated as a server, then keep our AH isolated as well, then I'll stfu as you say. Or put us all in the same basket and it'll be a moot point. You can't harvest the crop without having to plow the field. You harp about server transfer exploitation here too. That's a side subject that I agree should be mended, on it's own. I don't care for it anymore than you do, but I don't see a universal AH as a reasonable fix.

Wyndham
Avoiding an answer to my previous, thus another fail Mithraeus.
Do this all the time if you wish, evasion of an answer is not a response worthy of any grey server player. Truth hurt regarding my post?
I'll give you grey server players time try refute this obvious situation.
Mithraeus has failed.

I don't blame Mith for not addressing you. Arguing with someone spewing made up nonsense is like hitting your head on a wall, a no win situation. I have just come to the realization that you have trolled us all, as that's the only explanation for your stance. I bit and wasted my time. Well played sir, well played.