Is anyone serious about new player retention?

I know this topic has been beat to death and then dust. And the go to green or play farmville comments have been beat just as hard and probably harder. But seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I like tib and play daily. I accept the grind and the posse of godlike ships jumping on my lone non cp worthy flayer. But it is really frustrating for people just trying to farm and catch up a little. Especially when you're literally being stalked for no reason. Or you have a stack sitting outside your garry for over an hour and a half. They don't roll it just hold people hostage inside. Isn't that taking things way above a pvp game? I had a stack kill my naked ship, not even a gun, three times in a row. I know others and myself who have been stalked across the map. Why? We can't beat one of your ships let alone the other fifteen ships you have. And it can't be anything personal. Don't get me wrong, I respect the guys that have invested a ton of time and money into the game. You've earned what you can do. But on the hand there's very little incentive for new players to do the same. Because they're not allowed too. And it is a game. The God complex level that some players have taken tib to is disturbing to some players who just want to have fun and maybe compete in the big leagues one day. This isn't a personal issue with me. I'm just bringing it to the table one more time. Because they're are very simple ways to address this, again if anyone is even interested.

Yes, do not use your garri as a jumping off point for anything except a pvp stack IMO. Organize farm parties and invy parties in gray and leave by a non spacelane. If you want to use your cluster as a farm base, plan on dying a lot.

It's kinda funny. I made a post like this in the old forums. Back when I first started. Alot of people gave advice. But nothing changes.
High level players kill low level players. All corps do it. All allies do it.
Some individual players don't.....some of the time.
Find an experienced corp to join. Farm with a group. Stay away from yard (cluster). Stay away from Grey border. Don't fly with broken gear (make sure it's higher that 26%)
And even with all that, be prepared to die alot.

How about old player retention?

How about any player retention?

Lots of ways to help new players. To bad we cant ever know if they are truly new.
As for old player retention, I have a stack of games I no longer play, it happens.

There are lots of ways to help new players, Many good idea's mentioned but so far in my experience of over 100 hours played, I have not seen them.
Myself I have tried to farming parties as I was not qualified nor had skills to anything else. Attempts to reach out in Corp met some help and also at times
ignoring or actual rude insults by some members, this doesn't entice me to keep playing for this Corp let alone this game, It only takes one or two people in a position of leadership to give Corp, Alliance or game a bad perception.

trakon2002
There are lots of ways to help new players, Many good idea's mentioned but so far in my experience of over 100 hours played, I have not seen them.
Myself I have tried to farming parties as I was not qualified nor had skills to anything else. Attempts to reach out in Corp met some help and also at times
ignoring or actual rude insults by some members, this doesn't entice me to keep playing for this Corp let alone this game, It only takes one or two people in a position of leadership to give Corp, Alliance or game a bad perception.

We give out gear to verified newbros like candy and I personally drive them around killing npc until they have a good enough setup to go it alone or become comfortable farming with alliance members.
If you have not seen any playerhelp from your corp, its an easy fix. :leave confirm and join someone else.

Haidric

trakon2002
We give out gear to verified newbros like candy and I personally drive them around killing npc until they have a good enough setup to go it alone or become comfortable farming with alliance members.
If you have not seen any playerhelp from your corp, its an easy fix. :leave confirm and join someone else.

Plus one to this. We continually help new players in our Corp and across the alliance. We also help semi-experienced players, and we help each other as older hands. It's what builds a strong team.
Sounds like there are a few players in this thread who need a better Corp!

aulda

Haidric

trakon2002

Plus one to this. We continually help new players in our Corp and across the alliance. We also help semi-experienced players, and we help each other as older hands. It's what builds a strong team.
Sounds like there are a few players in this thread who need a better Corp!

I have left Corporation, Appreciate that your Corp helps players, but this thread is about new player retention. I am a new player and my POV is what I am giving in my post. I have taken the time to look at tutorial, Wiki,,, No where does it show me how to join a new Corp? How to move my account to a different server that has other Corps? It specifically says that joining a Corp is beneficial to new players but all chat commands for Corp or Alliance are for when you are a member. Is there a recruitment area? Waiting for a Corp invite? Really come on, new players are supposed to wait for hours, days or weeks before getting an invite? I thought this was about player retention ? A new player wants to play, learn game quickly, not waste time waiting... If you have answers please contact me. I have not figured out a way to contact you who have posted and said you have great Corps.