3% Durability Loss Event

I'm sure the smaller alliances and players leaving grey will appreciate it, don't expect it off the established player who only thinks about the value of the cp they have banked, this is about creating a cushion for those who need it the most, new players struggling to farm for improvements in gear. This is a great move imo,Thanks ozy.

Ozymandias
Durability loss from death is 3% regardless of where or how you died.
People have asked us to reduce durability loss to inspire more PvP action. This is the experiment to see what happens.
Starts today (April 20th) and ends on the 25th.

So far this 3% dura loss has been alot of fun I was able to really partipate and thanks to a great team as well.
I managed to get my first PvP kill ever.
Thanks Ozy.

RMSinc
Xariol why do you get upset when developers try to stipulate PvP in a PVP game? The foundation for TIB is PVP which has been stated many times.

Yeah I'm not upset. Look back at who started the lower dura loss thing. Yeesh
I just want to see it succeed.:)

Very cool!

This is ridiculous. I have not played more than a couple hours this year, so i really have no dog in this fight.
The durability tweak just neutered the game. It would be a better move to create more credit sinks. The problem is you have developed players sitting on tons of credits... And that causes upward price pressure on ultimate items.
Couple this with the fact that on the RGB servers accumulating credits and BDs entails very little risk.
Essentially you are inflating newer players out of the gear market. I would add more credit sinks... Maybe like ship maintenance or something like that to address the inflation, I would tweak the percentage of UR and Leg drops to make them more common, add a third level of content above the rift to further seperate established players from hunting black, merge all the servers, finally I would revamp Garrison busting and defense to make it more inclusive... As in having more people participate... Maybe make busting multi phase.
Also I seriously believe that when you kill a player or destroy a garrison.... The gear should drop.

First and foremost i would have to say that this is a VERY GOOD MOVE From spellbook. In my eyes this counts as a NEW event, that can be tried again in the future.
The way i see it its not a permanent thing, its just something different to shake things up...overall i approve of the thought behind it.
However, if i may suggest a small tweak: Do not concentrate on the penalty part of the game...the stakes were always high and that's what kept the interest...instead raise the reward for those who comply and PVP. (And i do not mean the 2x CP)
Perhaps consider trying an event where you randomly reward an item to someone in the fleet (or the killer himself...but that would cause loads of shot holding) for the kill. The item can be anything, and the rarity / value of the item can commensurate depending on the kill, or perhaps the amount of CP it generates.
Also, the culture in this game is that its fun to sit back and watch someone die, lose gear....hurt in general. So the more satisfying you can make it the more people will want to play to inflict the "pain" on to others.
Like for example, i am pretty chill and get along with most people....but some peeps hold stupid grudges for years and as a result stir some negative emotions in me as well. So, if i was in a fleet for example and got to Kill one of the main blabber mouths from Sisterhood of the BAMF alliance that would put a smile on my face, and if i could also "steal" 10% of their Credits/BD/Whatever while doing it i would be even happier....i would risk my own gear knowing that i will be a primary target just to get the satisfaction again....u know what i mean?!? Think along those lines. (Show me how to add an insult to an injury and i will play more)
Unfortunately i dont have much time to discuss this further at the moment, but just wanted to convey the idea and put it out there. But before people say that i will kill economy, devaluate gear...etc few things to consider:
P.S: I realize that a great PVP battle can mean a 1000 kill tags and generating that much gear would hurt the game....but there are always ways around it if there is interest, and it doesnt have to be gear...just some sort of reward or penalty to a loosing party aside from durability loss...like let me "TAG" them as my Biyatch or something.....u get the point ;)

Although I like this and will be enjoying it over the next several days, a new combat point reward should've been added before this. It's no exaggeration that there are a lot of players sitting on CP with tech III's, Termi's, and Elite points. I have no clue what it would be though. Maybe permanent added stats next?

I like the idea of permanent stats from cp. but its hard to say what they could be because so much of the gear is balanced around the stats. what about an option to convert cp into something else? much like the option in the bd menu for credit exchange. something thats hardly ever used but for the people that havent been able to sell the CP they are just sitting on it gives them a way to cash it out.
or maybe make rift gear claimable with CP? or specials that would mainly be used for pvp like the adv muni or elec. bring more gear into the game and make another use for existing cp. all without having to really introduce completely new gear.

im against the 3% dura loss. it just turns tib into a carebear game (which ozy stated many times even like 3 days ago he didnt want to do) with no risk there is no challenge. i dont see a challenge when ik i could die 25 times in 1 day wearing the same set every death and still not lose any gear. if ur gunna drop dura loss to 3% u might as well take dura loss completely out of the game cuz it now means nothing. with 3% dura loss u could die once a day (with nano power on (2%/day) u could go 75 straight days without losing any items. and that dont calc bh kills repairing any item u have on or alli repairs.
now if u want to cater to the ones qqing about dura loss being to high how about making nano base repair 2% (4% with skull perk) keep dura loss at 10% pvp deaths 5% pve deaths. that way there is still risk and still a way to get the repairs needed to not be out of everything for a long period of time.
altho if everyone who pvps just went and bought a cheap ur set as a backup there would be no need for any change.

Ozymandias
west91
Dura loss being so high

You mean as opposed to 20% like it was two years ago, or the loss of your entire ship on death like it was four years ago?
TIB has already been carebeared many times over from the original concept in an attempt to placate. Some folks will always take issue.
No amount of child-proofing will "fix" these problems until it becomes Farmville, where everyone gets a blue ribbon and there are no winners. Welcome to the sad state of modern gaming, and society in general.