3% Durability Loss Event

The 3% dura loss event is a great start.
Imagine if it was coupled with a special invasion of all dreads and strongholds, or a mixed invasion where only the three toughest Het / Wyrd / Pie NPC fill the invasion to combine against us.
Or seeing as now Novas are popular again, let a nova kill get cp (3% event). If players are worried that CP will become devalued, add more items to the CP menu.
It would be fun to have a massive rift invasion of all ex players ships, names of past players. Some can even be deflector or nova equipped. Upon each death they drop credits or bd but no cp is awarded. You could even start a thread for sector comments these NPC would say. It could be a special event invasion.
+1 to the new event.

how about if you could use cp for gear repairs?
remember this glut of cp that is flooding the market is only a temporary thing. unless you are planning monthly royal rumbles.
for the record I'm against any more cp purchasable permanent stat increases. that will only make the strong stronger.
while I'm throwing out ideas how about a tiered durability loss system?
this could be done two ways, or possibly a combination of both.
based off level
levels 0-15 get x dura loss per death.
levels 15.1-25 get xx dura loss etc. etc.
based off which ship is used
shuttle, corvette, frigate ships get x dura loss per death
destroyer, cruiser, battleship get xx dura loss per death, etc. etc.
if this system gets used we might see the smaller ships used more.
if a Lv 200 wants to build a tricked out shuttle to pvp in then that's on them.

A scaled dura loss system is a good idea. Should be gear score related. Thumbs up. Ozy had to start somewhere, I hope this event works out well, I see some lower levels enjoying it's benefits atleast.

west91
A scaled dura loss system is a good idea. Should be gear score related. Thumbs up. Ozy had to start somewhere, I hope this event works out well, I see some lower levels enjoying it's benefits atleast.

See lots of levels enjoying it. New drivers, people jumping back into fight. Good all around. Glut of cp could be fixed by lowering asking prices for cp. Then add another credit sink into game.
Right now its just terraform, research, mets/darkmatter and carriers. Need something else.

To prevent exploitation, it should only apply to certain gear slots, or maybe certain gear should be excluded. All I see is a nova alt that hardly takes damage if we don't have restrictions.

UnseenReign
To prevent exploitation, it should only apply to certain gear slots, or maybe certain gear should be excluded. All I see is a nova alt that hardly takes damage if we don't have restrictions.

Well spotted, I'm sure there's other holes in the theory too.

How about letting people do SHOW using CP...say 250 CP for a SHOW or something along those lines, to create an additional CP sink

I'm not a fan of the lower dura loss. Just making the game easier and easier, hopefully it remains temporary and as an event only.
Those of us that like a challenging game are becoming the minority.

TheDude
I'm not a fan of the lower dura loss. Just making the game easier and easier, hopefully it remains temporary and as an event only

Should maybe make it 100% dura loss. Die and all your gear is destroyed. That hardcore enough for ya?
Tonnes of people would be flocking to the game because it would be so hardcore and awesome.
Game isn't any easier. Can still get your gear smashed to stealable. Just you can get killed a few more times without screwing your gear.

Xariol
TheDude
I'm not a fan of the lower dura loss. Just making the game easier and easier, hopefully it remains temporary and as an event only

Should maybe make it 100% dura loss. Die and all your gear is destroyed. That hardcore enough for ya?
Tonnes of people would be flocking to the game because it would be so hardcore and awesome.
Game isn't any easier. Can still get your gear smashed to stealable. Just you can get killed a few more times without screwing your gear.

When I get killed in EVE, that is exactly what happens.