TIB

Zip we talked about this last night. You are so on point I have as others supported tib since red beta.First they spread servers shrinking markets and player base then they nerf multiboxers which lets be honest built this game. Then they come out with Ron which hurt numbers as well mistake after mistake I supported them. Through the gear changes,servers post after post of ideas how to improve the game which most go unanswered. Now comes gold were you start all over just so it seems to suck more cash out of us. I'm all for you growing as a company but damn finish and advance what you have first. Hell advertising would go far.

Lukin
Oh I got what you're wanting. I'm saying that you aren't owed any of that information. And it's amazing that you would think that you were. You are what's wrong with your generation, basically.

You are very naive.
I'm not saying I'm owed shit. I'm asking for an answer to a question. A question that most of the community has been asking for quite a while now. You're ignoring the root problems here and instead insulting and throwing arguments that make little to no sense out.
I'm what's wrong with my generation? If that's the case, it's gonna be a hell of a lot better off than yours. With no doubt, you're one of those people who are afraid of change. There's a reason Ozy made RON rather than incorporating new features into TIB. I've got a feeling you're one of those reasons. Stop complaining.

Zipper
Lukin
Oh I got what you're wanting. I'm saying that you aren't owed any of that information. And it's amazing that you would think that you were. You are what's wrong with your generation, basically.

You are very naive.
I'm not saying I'm owed shit. I'm asking for an answer to a question. A question that most of the community has been asking for quite a while now. You're ignoring the root problems here and instead insulting and throwing arguments that make little to no sense out.
I'm what's wrong with my generation? If that's the case, it's gonna be a hell of a lot better off than yours. With no doubt, you're one of those people who are afraid of change. There's a reason Ozy made RON rather than incorporating new features into TIB. I've got a feeling you're one of those reasons. Stop complaining.

Right, like I said, information you're not owed. Answers to which you have no right. They come as a privilege, if and when they do come. You got an answer from a dev, and you weren't satisfied with it. That's on you little buddy.
"I've got a feeling..." Oh no, please don't bring your feelings into this. Please don't. The world doesn't care about your feelings lmao.
As to change, I'm all for change. But the very nature of change is that it's outside your control. Don't be a hypocrite, you say you're all for change... As long as you get a say in the matter that you're really not even entitled (trigger word) to. That's not how it works. If you're really for change, sit back and enjoy the ride, and deal with whatever comes down the pipe.
As to your hysteria that tib is going to be mothballed - first off, if it is, it is. But my guess is, like the devs have said in previous posts, they wouldn't abandon a dedicated player base that has spent real money for years now. That would make ZERO business sense. It's pure nonsense. And you can go back and find in other dev comments where they've said so.
See? The answers are out there, it's just that you want them in the form of a nice warm blanket. Funny stuff, keep it coming.

Hey guys,
I want to participate in this conversation, but it's really hard for me to do when you're making personal attacks against each other. I don't want to respond in ways that would make it appear as if I'm supporting one person (or clique) over another, so please try to keep things civil and respectful.

I'm only in for a few hundred (I understand others are much deeper) but it took a year to get me to spend anything on the game. Now that I have, and I have played for 3, I feel a bit attached and invested and get the concern about TIB dying in an outdated wasteland while new ideas and resources go to other games. To be honest there are other space genre games out there and in development that are a threat to TIB (Vega, Nebula, Beyond Dark) and TIB is on an old platform so a new TIB will be necessary (but please keep the one ship no-CoC'ish type base format). I believe many of us would simply love to have a reason to stick around on old TIB until that game is ready and maybe get some kind of credit to jump over (could even be time delayed to prevent us from drowning out other new players who start from scratch).

Amcilla
Hey guys,
I want to participate in this conversation, but it's really hard for me to do when you're making personal attacks against each other. I don't want to respond in ways that would make it appear as if I'm supporting one person (or clique) over another, so please try to keep things civil and respectful.

See? Amcilla stepping in. You people NEED me.

Amcilla
Hey guys,

Fair point.
All I want to know is if the game I know and love will continue to grow and develop. Will Spellbook at some point add new content to The Infinite Black?

Amcilla
Hey guys,

I come here for the personal attacks.

I absolutely can appreciate how much you guys are invested in TIB, because I'm invested in it too.
7+ years of my life, significant financial debt, the totality of my career, failed relationships, and whatever damage 12-hour days 6-days-per-week in front of a computer have done... All spent making a game for you to enjoy.
Doing nothing but improving and maintaining TIB is not a winning long-term strategy.
We have to survive as a business. If we can't keep the lights on, how are we going to keep a TIB server on?
You guys know as well as I do -- TIB is a niche game. It does not have mass appeal, isn't flashy, and doesn't get talked about by game reviewers, because they don't "get it".
The success of Dire is make-or-break for us.
I realize you guys don't care about a new game, but you should at least want it to be successful.
We're giving you a ridiculous amount of rewards in TIB for supporting the Dire Kickstarter because we need the visibility and momentum.
We're never going to stop working on TIB. If Dire is a huge success, we can afford to bring on people who only have the single job of improving TIB. We can't do that under the current realities of our financial situation, and never could if we simply did nothing but work on TIB.

Ozymandias
I absolutely can appreciate how much you guys are invested in TIB, because I'm invested in it too.
7+ years of my life, significant financial debt, the totality of my career, failed relationships, and whatever damage 12-hour days 6-days-per-week in front of a computer have done... All spent making a game for you to enjoy.
Doing nothing but improving and maintaining TIB is not a winning long-term strategy.
We have to survive as a business. If we can't keep the lights on, how are we going to keep a TIB server on?
You guys know as well as I do -- TIB is a niche game. It does not have mass appeal, isn't flashy, and doesn't get talked about by game reviewers, because they don't "get it".
The success of Dire is make-or-break for us.
I realize you guys don't care about a new game, but you should at least want it to be successful.
We're giving you a ridiculous amount of rewards in TIB for supporting the Dire Kickstarter because we need the visibility and momentum.
We're never going to stop working on TIB. If Dire is a huge success, we can afford to bring on people who only have the single job of improving TIB. We can't do that under the current realities of our financial situation, and never could if we simply did nothing but work on TIB.

Thank you for the response, Ozy.
I'll be here for your new games, I'll try them, I'll continue to support ya'll. I'm sure others will as well.
I just wanted to know TIB will get some love later on.