Server Merge - Sunday May 1st?

ilostmyleg
Those of us that were around in beta testing will understand what this merge will bring. Unfortunately do to the beta era people wanted a new serve to get away from the big alliances who kill them daily.
This merge will play out the same way. Big allies will kill little allies, players will get upset and want change .
If we all wanted to be on one server then we would of done that already. Leave grey as a solo server and let red blue and green merge . red as made efforts as a server to help it grow. Grey has done everything to make sure it won't grow. So adding grey in the mix will just create more problems for all then solve any.
We see the issues on grey already . so let's not spread it to other servers .

^^^^^^ THAT RIGHT THERE TY LEG!!!

Zerk
I don't post on forums much. F I wanted to play on grey I would transfer there, if I wanted more pvp I would transfer there. I did pull my Kickstart money because I'm not backing a new game when they lie to the player on the old game. I will probably quit, so GJ Ozzy for listening to 1 server not the other 3. I just ask you open up the opportunity for those of us to sell our accouterments for real money since you lied to us about the merge from the beginning.

where is the lie? they always said theres a slight possibility that grey would be included.
greys included???? freakout mode engaged!!!

I'm super pissed off with the merger idea...its the worse idea and decision I've ever seen made in a game how can you do this to ME (looks in mirrior) me me me me me me (I'm too sexy for tibs) me all about me... especilly after all the money I've spent on game through the years and don't even get me started on my $8 kick starter donation...yap yap yap qq yap qq yap yap and on and on and on....you scared now?
All these influx of players coming and I don't have a hunt set ready to go on a 3 months non stop killing spree. Im just kidding im well behaved nowdays and i farm grey server all the time not what everyone saying it is...and Yeah you suck ozy I'm so not ready for hunting yet.
Just a joke about kick starter...I'm happy to help you guys survive. Hope you enjoy the new Ferrari you booked and reserved from my garage. The "I LOVE DUDES " paint job you requested is on me.

ISHADOWI
Jperr87
ISHADOWI
Jperr87
ISHADOWI
You'd think people would learn from the mistakes they've made in the past, I did not like the idea of Red, Blue and Green merging but was okay with it since I know that most on those other servers are more PvE orientated.
Then you go and throw Grey into the mix which is nothing but people wanting to PvP along with the egos that are over there, you see yourself what happened to Grey and its decline when you force people to a more PvP orientated game, people moved to other servers and others completely quit playing.
If RBGG is going ahead you're going to have more alliances which increases more fleets looking to gank solo players or small fleets, this is going to be a lot harder for new players and existing players to progress in the game, which I guess is exactly what you are wanting Ozy, force players into a corner till they either quit and hate the game or buy BDs to try and get on a level playing field.
If you wont listen to a large portion of your player base that likes PvE more then PvP then I guess that is up to you.
I'm thinking about withdrawing my $1000 pledge on the Kickstarter since I do not see the point paying for a game I will not enjoy, I was on Grey and I did not enjoy it and stopped playing, moved to Red server and had so much more fun.
It's good I still have 26 days to decide.
Just remember the ones on the forums discussing counts for a very very small percentage of the player base, those that are happy with the game will not come on here to tell you about it.

o the threat of withdrawing his pledge. just to point out its always been a possibility that grey would be included in the merge. slim chance yes but still a chance. and fyi there was even a chance that half of grey would move to the merged server even if grey wouldnt have been included. so there was always a high chance this would happen one way or the other.

Speaking with your wallet is good way for companies to figure out what there consumers want, people spend money they are happy, people do not spend money they are not happy.
Half of grey could of gone to the merged server I would of just gone to grey since those that want PvP would be on the merged server.

strange the ppl that dont spend seem just as happy as the ones that do spend. im one of the ppl that dont spend and have been playing tib since it started. as is the same as a bunch of ppl that ik that plays. threatening with ur wallet just makes u look bad. js

So you've not spent any money on the game, congratulations! you started when the game was small and in its infancy.
I've spent close to $10,000 on this game I think that earns me the right to voice my concerns about a change that will make the game less fun than it already is, just as you have the right to voice your concerns over the game.
If you had spent money on the game and something changed in the game that made it less fun would you not be unhappy? and do not say you would not because anyone would.
You call it threatening, I call it common sense.

common sense? to threaten to take ur candy and leave? i guess ur right everyone expects that their stuff is more important then everyone else. meh if u must leave then i bid farewell to ya.

Golden124
You can't deny what he is doing will help new players... As they're not gonna be joining a dead server they're gonna be joining an active one.

Gold server you mean? Cause merging isn't going to help new players in the slightest.

Xariol
temptress82
It boils down to people don't want the grey aspect of the game already on grey people are like mmmm fresh meat pew pew pew.... Then you got players on red blue green that are like I left grey for a reason we don't that type of game play. I like both ways honestly and I am on both sides of the fence however its gonna create alot of drama too. Like for example I'm in 2 alliances on 2 different servers how do you choose? In my honest opinion I can't so what option is left? I may end up having to just leave the game all together. So like being just that weekend warriors and being on 2 servers for that reason. And some just don't want pvp at all. Alot of players are very upset cause of that and I do agree with them RBGG into one isn't gonna increase players it's gonna dwindle alot of them out. Perhaps this is just my 2 cents and ik many won't agree I don't expect them too but I am reading whats said on both sides player base is gonna take a hit.

^^^^
That.
Look at it this way, in RIFT alliance on red there's maybe 2 or 3 ships that would even qualify for a bust team on grey server. Red server defense teams can stop red server ships attacking. That's about it.
Most of the garrisons on red are nowhere near as high a lvl as grey server ones which will make it even harder. I'm all for a challenge but dressing red/green/blue up in meat skirts and throwing them to the grey wolves is short sighted.
About 90% or more of red server doesn't even have a speed set for one ship? If there had been some advanced warning of a full on merge maybe something could have been done.
Did red server look slow for the last while? Think maybe people were out making friends on other servers to try and be ready for RGB merge? No shit eh
Then there are levels. You can look on the leaderboards and see the disparity.
Grey server is always going on about how everything should be a challenge. Not a single bit of this merge will do anything but make things easier for them.
Don't take my word for it though. Shits about to happen. See you all at earth.

1 red garrys were here and tf before grey even opened so if they didnt bother tfing more thats on them.
2a. the highest lvl player is on red.
2b. there is no reason at all grey players should be higher lvl then rbg since rbg has been a pve server. that means theres so much more chance for rbg players to have lvled over grey players which have to deal with pvp more often
3 here i agree with u red server 2.0 is a big disadvantage since last i checked they didnt have the base 2.0 like the other servers. but at the same time they still be at a disadvantage to blue and green right?
4 green allies at a disadvantage due to corp/alli caps. but again they always had this disadvantage going into the merge.
5 those who think grey is 24/7 pvp with no chance to farm has never played grey. there more farming/chatting on grey then there is pvp. just the fact when theres pvp theres really pvp. not this 2 hr fight with no one dying. or 2 week scheduling for a pvp fight.

Xariol
Golden124
You can't deny what he is doing will help new players... As they're not gonna be joining a dead server they're gonna be joining an active one.

Gold server you mean? Cause merging isn't going to help new players in the slightest.

Because giving new people active corps and alliances is the end of the world!!! Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xariol
I'm all for a challenge but dressing red/green/blue up in meat skirts and throwing them to the grey wolves is short sighted.

Well, the way this little stunt was pulled says me only one thing: the whole TIB brand is expected to be finished in short order and this is just one last squeeze on the player base for some more funds.

ilostmyleg
Those of us that were around in beta testing will understand what this merge will bring. Unfortunately do to the beta era people wanted a new serve to get away from the big alliances who kill them daily.
This merge will play out the same way. Big allies will kill little allies, players will get upset and want change .
If we all wanted to be on one server then we would of done that already. Leave grey as a solo server and let red blue and green merge . red as made efforts as a server to help it grow. Grey has done everything to make sure it won't grow. So adding grey in the mix will just create more problems for all then solve any.
We see the issues on grey already . so let's not spread it to other servers .

lol red made efforts to grow and grey has done everything to stop growth? how so. explain this. i mean ik u just came back so u obviously know alot thats going on lol. issues on grey is that 1 alli built up to good and the egos of the other allies wont let them band together to stop the big alli.

RakkWarrior
If you all think BAMF and Dynasty and maybe Hitsquad are going to ruin your farming game....why not just talk to leads?

I'll put it to you this way, if BAMF leads say no killing Phoenix, I'm not gonna kill Phoenix. If they say KOS some other peeps then it is what it is.
To dispel rumor on small alliance growth: Sparta and other small alliances have gotten huge passes on Grey so they could grow. However if alliances became breeding grounds for noobs for alli's such as Dynasty who in the past did build for such purposes then of course they'd be killed. Small alliances have to be independent.
An observation on gear disparities: Having 6 ships completely decked out in farm and AH's is the product of being in a non PVP environment. If you don't have a PVP or defense set up, it's because you never needed it. Your goal was to run Invasions and hope for the best drops possible on any given day within the mechanics of the game.
Reasons why Grey server does not want to be left out of the merger for several reasons in no particular order:
1. Many of us have friends on other servers, to include Red but we don't want to leave Grey.
2. Leaving Grey out of the merger potentially will cause an exodus from Grey leaving it bare.
3. There is a potential for more PVP, a higher target rich environment for CP.
4. There is a potential to develop new alliances who rise to the call for PVP.
5. There is just as much potential to freely farm as we do here on Grey, but with more population more invasions and traffic will be seen more often.
Why Red, Blue and Green opposes Grey server inclusion to the Merger:
1. Grey server Alliances are PVP oriented and are capable of busting any Alliance or Corporation.
2. Grey Server Alliances can organize fleets quickly for FvF, or Hunt Stacks.
3. Blue in particular remembers Dynasty's brand of PVP, which is less honorable than most.
4. All Other servers fear the introduction of 3 Grey alliances and how this will affect their ability to maintain "status quo".
I'll repeat my suggestion as before. If you are worried, it's time to start talking to Leads in each Alli. Thoughts?