Evasion sets ....waste of money?

Basically 100% hit is the norm people leaving evasion sets for bigger hulls more crit resist and damage reduction....so here's my question did 100% hit make evasion sets obsolete? Seems so!
1) everyone agreed 100% hit chance will critical after a miss more than a graze on high evasion set so why would evasion sets be beneficial going into the future of tib?

headstrike
They are not percentages though, so no, evasion is not obsolete.

Once you hit 100% hit chance you instantly refire, thus making it a 100% chance to hit. Though this topic has been going on a long long long long time.

So a 100 hit can hit any ship....whats the purpose of building it more than 100.? does it affect any other hidden variables or is that the efficient cap.?

Kiljaeden
So a 100 hit can hit any ship....whats the purpose of building it more than 100.? does it affect any other hidden variables or is that the efficient cap.?

The hit might still just be a graze. Not sure on the math of it.

headstrike
Yankeeguy
headstrike

Once you hit 100% hit chance you instantly refire, thus making it a 100% chance to hit. Though this topic has been going on a long long long long time.

Sigh...

NO you don't insta refire. We tested this. If you hit you still have gun cool down. If you miss and it happens, it appears the gun cool down is shortened by a % based upon the % over 100%. But it was not instant.

IHooman
headstrike
Yankeeguy
headstrike

Sigh...

NO you don't insta refire. We tested this. If you hit you still have gun cool down. If you miss and it happens, it appears the gun cool down is shortened by a % based upon the % over 100%. But it was not instant.

if u miss u insta refire ik i have a 100 hit set. u can miss a shot 99 times in a row and hit the 100th time and all this happens within 1 sec. if u do hit yes u have the full cooldown of the gun but if u miss it will instantly refire.
and grazes almpst never happen. its been tested ive never ever grazed anyone with my 100 hit set. hell we had like 3 or 4 100 hit sets just yesterday when hs tried to roll us and we were popping 8k+ tanks and 10k high eva sets almost every shot.

When the Evasion / Hit mechanics were designed, having 100 Hit wasn't statistically possible, so this isn't really intended. It only became a problem with the gear re-design.
I'm open for suggestions on how to solve it. I think there needs to be some limiting factor.
Three options come to mind:
1) Apply diminishing returns so Hit becomes less effective the more you have.
2) Put a cap on re-fire time so it always has a small delay after a miss, regardless of +Hit.
3) Adjust how Hit and Evade interact, so that Evade counters the missed shot re-fire time % reduction.
I like #3 the best because it doesn't change anything other than this specific problem, and makes Evade useful again.

IHooman
headstrike
Yankeeguy
headstrike

Sigh...

Someone seems upset.
But that sounds good to me ozy

Actually now that I look at the code I believe there is a bug.
It *should* already be using (Attacker's Hit - Target's Evade) for missed shot shot re-fire speed reduction, but the formula wasn't applied correctly.
I won't change anything right now so people can give feedback, but that's how it was supposed to be. Currently it just uses Attacker's Hit, ignoring Target's Evade, which sucks and doesn't make sense.

Ozymandias
When the Evasion / Hit mechanics were designed, having 100 Hit wasn't statistically possible, so this isn't really intended. It only became a problem with the gear re-design.
I'm open for suggestions on how to solve it. I think there needs to be some limiting factor.
Three options come to mind:
1) Apply diminishing returns so Hit becomes less effective the more you have.
2) Put a cap on re-fire time so it always has a small delay after a miss, regardless of +Hit.
3) Adjust how Hit and Evade interact, so that Evade counters the missed shot re-fire time % reduction.
I like #3 the best because it doesn't change anything other than this specific problem, and makes Evade useful again.

what would the % reduction look like on refire time? say using a 100hit vs a 100 eva?