We need a merge... Seriously

Ok since the last update on this thread which was on the 17th. Has there been any progress on getting the transfer at least open don't get me wrong I'm ready for the merge myself but I'd really like to get my ships back on one server someway some how. Sorry I got ill the night before the move or I'd of removed them in a timely manner. Thanks :)

Mithraeus
Not so much that, dude, but it would essentially double the maps. So hunting solo farmers would be more time consuming and farming would still have solo room. Seems like a good compromise.

Work with me here, mith. Raping and pillaging sounds so much better. ;) But yes, i see you what you are saying, good compromise

200/8 (hcs dont count on cap) (8 total corps) and for the unity would have to downsize thing well grey had to do it when grey opened. not saying it has to be done asap can have more but wouldnt be able to invite if over max. eventually those corps over max would sort themselves out to the 200/8 point just like what happened in grey when (i think) tse had 500 members coming into grey when it opened.
with the 200/8 it will provide least 4 solid allies it might be 1 main and 3 just a lil bit lower. but would be very competitive imo

Jperr87
200/8 (hcs dont count on cap) (8 total corps) and for the unity would have to downsize thing well grey had to do it when grey opened. not saying it has to be done asap can have more but wouldnt be able to invite if over max. eventually those corps over max would sort themselves out to the 200/8 point just like what happened in grey when (i think) tse had 500 members coming into grey when it opened.
with the 200/8 it will provide least 4 solid allies it might be 1 main and 3 just a lil bit lower. but would be very competitive imo

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.... I think bigger allies really tie the tib together.

Xariol
Jperr87

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.... I think bigger allies really tie the to together.

Yep bigger allies mean more people, more leads means more lead ego's to stroke, and there are only so many hands to go around...when those ego's don't get enough attention...they tend to QQ.
We all know QQ leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side!
..and that kids is how allies break up and new ones form.

Bliznit
We all know QQ leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side!

Recite with me:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Amcilla
At the moment we're pretty happy with the server populations. Players seem to be equal across all servers. That's something we'll keep our eyes on, and if we think a Unity+Grey merger is needed, we'll come to you first.

This is really quite irritating. Grey is only active at all because players are stuck there. Without transfer command (which I know you are working on and I understand is difficult), players have no option but to log on to grey or start out on Gold. It is virtually impossible to recruit on Grey server as there are no new players starting on Grey at all. Corp numbers are steadily declining.
I am a UK player and the server is now virtually dead at UK peak times. I really don't know what stats you are looking at Amcilla, but you can't be comparing activity across all times of day, and you can't be looking at number of new players joining the server.
I truly do not understand why you don't merge Unity and Grey together straight away giving you two lively servers with activity across all time zones. Then you don't have to bother with :transfer command for a while (until you feel Gold is ready for that). About a month ago, there was virtual consensus in this forum among both Grey and former RBG players that merging us all together was a good idea - a shot in the arm for long-standing TIB players. Grey were happy to wait a week or so while the RBG merge settled down. Then nothing happens, and your promises of merging Grey in get more and more watered down until, soon, I am sure you or Ozy will post that it has never been on the cards at all.
If you merge us together it might even give you a chance to do something truly creative like...oh, a new map layer, or a new NPC faction, or a new ship...any of the six thousand realistic development suggestions people have posted in here over the past twelve months!
Feels a heck of a lot like we were being milked for cash for the kickstarter by being strung out with promise of mergers. Just saying.
This is my first really QQ post. I don't like doing it, but I am feeling pretty hacked off with Spellbook right now.

aulda

1)About a month ago, there was virtual consensus in this forum among both Grey and former RBG players that merging us all together was a good idea - a shot in the arm for long-standing TIB players.
2)Feels a heck of a lot like we were being milked for cash for the kickstarter by being strung out with promise of mergers. Just saying.

1) The consensus was that they didn't want to have the shadow of a possible merge looming over the game.
2) There wasn't a promise of a merge, just said they'd consider it and nobody forced you to contribute to kickstarter.
Right now a lot of people seem to be stuck on "the grass is greener on the other side". Hell there are people already talking about merging gold into grey.
Unity has a large number of people just waiting to see what happens with :transfer or a merge. Some of them want to just join up with a bigger grey group and some of them are waiting to see if they should quit or not.
That being said a lot of people are still having a good time and when the kickstarter rewards come along I think you'll see a big spike in activity.
Don't be so dramatic about the death of grey server. Summer is coming, things slow down.
There may not be a massive amount of Unity server people on the forums posting against a possible merge, mostly because they're busy playing the game and having fun, but they are around. A bunch of them have seen you guys all gang up on me on forums, they don't want a target painted on their backs.
On one hand you guys are saying, "hey a merge will be great and wonderful!" Then on the other hand, "if you have a differing opinion we'll grind you to dust".
Let transfer get fixed and see what happens from there.

Xariol
Don't be so dramatic about the death of grey server.

It's a forum, Xariol. I get to have an opinion whether you think it is dramatic or not. I'm a grey player, you are not. I think I am in a better place to judge day to day server activity.
Xariol
Then on the other hand, "if you have a differing opinion we'll grind you to dust".

Funny, I don't remember saying that.

All we want as a grey server is to have more ppl to pew with. People on unity are thinking it's gonna be grey vs rgb, but if you stop thinking like that and think of the possibilities of new alliances forming or what not, the picture gets brighter. I feel like rgb fears loosing lvl 100+ hc or some corps will fail with a merge but, this is a game, and in order for games to advance and things get better you must let ppl play, don't restrict ppl from playing with friends, if they want to quit let them, because of they worried about things so much they can go gold, instead of quitting. A merge will probably give the devs time to work on something else to make tib even better. Remember Ozy said a merge can be done in 5 minutes since it was already done #greylivesmatter #mergeplease