TIB News and Server Merge

Good job SPELLBOOK staff thanks for all the hard work. And thanks for the merge, Keep the good times coming...

Grizellus
Let the giant shakeup begin! My only question: what will corp and alli caps be since currently they differ on the two servers?

they dont differ anymore. i believe ozy made it universal 12/400 a month ago or so. even tho i still think 8/200 is a better number but meh.
thx ozy for the merge. will be an interesting few months after merger.

Super cool I can't wait to see old friends and have new people to shoot at

Ozy, question about gear and credits. Say you I have my account Maw on Blue (Unity) and it's a shuttle with items in inventory and 5 Mil credits. How will that translate to the Maw character on Grey being merged? Are items or credits lost? Do inventories merge?
Thanks

Another +1 for this flawless, excellent and awesum post of tib history plz..

Ozymandias
STATE OF THE INFINITE BLACK
There's been a lot going on behind the scenes here with TIB that wrapped up this week. It didn't seem like much on the player's end, but it was the culmination of 6+ months of work, and completed our migration entirely off-site to cloud hosting. We no longer have any services running out of our office or local network.
This means the game is much less likely to go down or experience regional network problems, such as with thunderstorms, power outages, or workmen cutting a fiber line on accident.
It also means faster save times (about 4 seconds instead of 10) and a decrease in your ping times (12% on average).
THE INFINITE BLACK ON STEAM
We're just about ready to deploy to the Steam gaming platform, which should bring in lots of fresh meat for the grinder.
I would expect it to be available by mid-July, if not before. We're also looking into Steam trading cards and other stuff if you're into that.
SERVER MERGER
Most players have expressed an interest in either the Transfer feature returning, or a server merger. The broad consensus is that players on both servers want to play in the same universe.
Bringing the Transfer command back would be quite a bit of work, and ultimately is going to just be a "rich man's" server merger, with everyone who can afford it migrating to the Unity server and leaving the less-rich players behind.
Instead of re-building the Transfer command I'd rather merge the 4 servers as we've talked about doing for at least 2 years.
Wednesday, June 22nd -- Grey Server will merge with Unity Server
1) All players on Unity and Grey servers will have all equipped items repaired to 110%
2) All deployed Garrisons, Planets, and Mines will be recalled and refunded
3) Players will still have the same number of sectors explored. The map might change configuration.
4) Any corporation name collisions will favor the highest rank Garrison
4a) All corporations get a free :RENAME
You will not lose any stats, ranking, achievements, items, ships, or anything else. You will log into the same server as always. The only difference will be a more active universe, more people, and a better auction house.
I know some players who just enjoy farming might be upset, but please keep in mind the long-term health of the game. Fragmented and small server populations lead to stagnation: It gets boring without any risk or competition.
Please give this a chance before getting angry. Lots of people were angry about the Red+Blue+Green merger, but everyone was happy afterwords because it turned out to be really good. This will also be really good if everyone is willing to give it a chance.

Best news in ages ozy! Thanks for all the hardwork with dire and tib etc .

Maw
Ozy, question about gear and credits. Say you I have my account Maw on Blue (Unity) and it's a shuttle with items in inventory and 5 Mil credits. How will that translate to the Maw character on Grey being merged? Are items or credits lost? Do inventories merge?

Nothing will be lost, and characters are not merged. You will still log in to the same server, but it shares a map and auction house with other servers.

Ozymandias
Maw

Nothing will be lost, and characters are not merged. You will still log in to the same server, but it shares a map and auction house with other servers.

is it relatively easy to put in a way for us to delete old duplicate accounts?
i know we could wait for purge. but i always firget wither i cleared gear off old accounts, so i end up logging them eventually scared that i have a bank of ultis n bds tucked away i forgot about.
itd be nice to just log em, clear em out. n type :delete playername confirm

The people who want a less active more farming server just come to gold :) work your way into the pvp

This is wonderful (^_^)