Community designed map

I was wondering if this was possible, and if the community would like it. I feel like there's a lot more possible with these maps, and unity server would be the best opportunity to test those.

It's possible, but something we'd have needed to do a week ago!
We could do it for Gold -> Unity merger in ~6 months.

Ozymandias

Are you sure Gold will be ready for a merger in 6 months?
I feel like that would be too soon. As it is we have smaller garrisons and costs to create those garrisons and the alliances they're in are 5x what others have paid. Gold is a good deal behind Unity both market wise and average level wise. Of course, we will make some progress in 6 more months, but Unity will be moving forward as well.
Do you have a plan in place to accelerate Gold's progression?
Perhaps introducing another new server in 6 months time, and then integrating that into Gold every 6 months would be better. It would lessen the power divide. At the same time you could open transfers OUT of gold. Allowing players who are ready to leave the option to do so, perhaps with an incentive like done so in the past.
Sorry if I came across as confrontational, I just think there should be more discussion on the topic.

No need to panic. ~6 months could be as long as ~12 months.
Time moves different for developers.

What happens to ships we have purchased on diffrent servers such as a flayer on blue and a flayer on green?

tallonsfury1
What happens to ships we have purchased on diffrent servers if all are murged?

Nothing. You can still login as grey,red.blue.green ship.

Ozymandias

That sounds fun, and I assume you'd give us whatever you use to create the map. I can't imagine plotting out nearly 13k sectors.

UnseenReign
Ozymandias

That sounds fun, and I assume you'd give us whatever you use to create the map. I can't imagine plotting out nearly 13k sectors.

MS paint and a blindfold.

Xariol
UnseenReign
Ozymandias

MS paint and a blindfold.

Can't forget the single malt whiskey in excess.

Talking about gold merge soon? Somebody needs to confiscate your keyboards.
Should not be based on time, should wait until the top gold alliance is AT LEAST as strong as red pre-merge alliances.
Otherwise, there is absolutely no point for gold server.