Unity Server Map Design

Can we have more Bamf QQ about this in server chat? It really turns me on.

In my opinion, leave maps alone for atleast 6 months. This is just another challenge for us all to adapt too....

NuclearWaste
Jperr87
def need a new map with 1 great cluster location 2 decent cluster locations and 3 just ok locations. then mirror this on reg map. like grey was where rift and reg were the same just flipped. this allows for multiple options for the allies.
having 1 great spot promotes cluster busting by the top allies to control the best location on map. the 2 decent spots gives the other alli a spot til they can take the top spot. and the 3 ok spots give areas for the lower tier allies.
the current map completely sucks. atm defense wise bamf has the best spot on map but its in reg map right next to grey. which is no place to be. esp for a top alli. but were stuck here cuz theres no real options in rift. even hs location sucks bad.
atleast we are in rift

if thats all u care about then i feel sad for u. js.

Lukin
Can we have more Bamf QQ about this in server chat? It really turns me on.

how about less trying to troll and more trying to fix?

arta

Cluster A
Remove the jump between 5/35 and 5/36
Cluster B
Remove the jump between 76/78 and 77/78
Cluster C
Remove the jump between 58/76 and 58/77
Remove the jump between 61/77 and 62/78!

A - good, but prefer my idea for that one as it only leaves a 8 run rather than a 11 or 12 run
B - instead, remove between 79/76 and 79/77. Your suggestion provides a 7 run, this would be an 8 run
C - I like this one.
Ozy, a few people have provided some good suggestions now...

I really like robby's idea of the infinite outside! Especially like the SW cluster spot... 14 long and has a split right at the deep end. I also like sectors 22/2 and 29/12. Perfect for nanos ;) or anything for that matter... as long as it doesn't spawn a rifty.
Also like the idea of maybe 1 sector join changing every hour... so long as there's no garrison effected and so long as it doesn't leave any unreachable sectors.

+1 to Robby's idea. The 319 jumps spacelane outside the map is a new twist.
Anything is better than current one,personally. If creating a new one is difficult, copy grey's or red's map for now. Just change it ASAP. People have been complaining since the merger about the map...

I like Robby's Idea

Robby's idea looks really good. Would love to try out this map.

Kieran9316

A - good, but prefer my idea for that one as it only leaves a 8 run rather than a 11 or 12 run
B - instead, remove between 79/76 and 79/77. Your suggestion provides a 7 run, this would be an 8 run
C - I like this one.
Ozy, a few people have provided some good suggestions now...

I like your suggestions as well. We're all trying to improve the map to restore maximum playability and fun in the game. As noted previously, the current map simply does not suit the needs of a well defended cluster with room for nanos, etc. By the way, my suggestions were to provide a larger area for a cluster with nanos thrown in the mix so vital gear to pvp gets refreshed without the risk of garri getting busted. We don't want to see pvp shrink due to lack of essential gear repairs, hence the 11-12 sector pockets for clusters. Anyway, constructive ideas to build on the existing are always welcome.

I was angsty at first, but I like a lot of the recent changes. We (Unity) were missing out on a lot.. Big changes are not something I like to see every few weeks, however. Why don't we use the original map that was Red server? That was the map for a long time. The map generation algorithm needs to have the chance for a sector to generate multiple connections reduced. I would concur that the current map sucks. I'd like to settle in and get fully deployed again! I'd like to see the map changed and then get consistent again (fully deploy and running high level HCs). Currently waiting to deploy and log the high level HCs if the map is just going to change again and our cluster is right next to grey in black.. Whatever it is we do; looking forward to some consistency afterwards. Nice job on recent changes overall!