Nova Device - Temporary Fix

dv5x64
Maybe this has been suggested and I missed it, but an idea would be that for a nova to go off, you must be cp worthy. It is a pvp item, seems to make sense. I guess maybe it's just because I see a nova like a self destruct, a last ditch effort to stop the enemies, not a cheap nuke device. Not cheap as in cost either, just to clarify.
Edited to avoid confusion.

Yeah both this and the "only those who hit it are damaged" were ideas I've brought up in the past, probably not the only one who's thought of it...

I don't like the idea that only those who hit the nova take damage. I understand the reasoning behind it. But if someone keeps shooting novas, they wouldn't be invited to fleet anymore. After all, being a pvp game, it's all about teamwork and communication.

I can also agree with that... both sides are valid. For me, the most important fix would have to be the cp fix. If a ship isn't cp worthy, they lost dura on death but don't nova. Same formula to consider whether you have 10 worthy ships to start an engagement would work.

If Nova only destroys ships that fire on it, players would just equip Commons and shoot the Nova. Nova is supposed to damage the opposing fleet, not just some alt in common gear.

Derob
If Nova only destroys ships that fire on it, players would just equip Commons and shoot the Nova. Nova is supposed to damage the opposing fleet, not just some alt in common gear.

At the same time those players wouldn't be eligible to receive CP...

It's just an alt, so who cares about not getting CP? It's not like using commons in FvF hasn't been done many times before. It'll just be a designated nova detonation team.

Derob
It's just an alt, so who cares about not getting CP? It's not like using commons in FvF hasn't been done many times before. It'll just be a designated nova detonation team.

Then make it so that the whole fleet wont get cp if an unworthy alt kills the nova?

Xariol

I like it the way it is now. No more chain nova pvp instantly over. Need a bit of skill to pull it off.
There are still plenty of uses for them just you need to make an effort. No more, just throw more novas at them!
The damage they add is no joke either.
The lag is still ridiculously bad in big fvf and you can't coordinate who shoots what a lot of the time.
Keep it like it is for now. Big obliterations are cool but I can live without them.

I totally agree.

I feel like a lot of these discussions are happening because hitsquad doesn't like being nova'd during garrison bust. When people can justify being able to roll a fully defended XX garrison in a fleet of all carriers wearing tanks, then maybe the huge nova bug can be fixed.

Yankeeguy
I feel like a lot of these discussions are happening because hitsquad doesn't like being nova'd during garrison bust. When people can justify being able to roll a fully defended XX garrison in a fleet of all carriers wearing tanks, then maybe the huge nova bug can be fixed.

Whatever changes people make just have them not be put into effect on a garrison. Problem solved.
I just think its lame to have a fvf going on with stacks of lame nova ships. At least have them be cp worthy.