Tech special

As one who never takes tech off on my carrier and it's hard to gain Xp I would like to see the tech special have the damage reduction reduced from the current state. It wouldn't have to be a major change but really anything would be beneficial to all the techs in game. Maybe add to the Xp bonus to tech special so when we Ungrapple ships we can gain more Xp could be implemented as well.

I think that techs need some sort of xp boost. Not sure where it should come from, but the only real option I have to level my tech is roiding...

First option would be to take off the tech special...
I do agree that players who choose to be dedicated techs in this game do not get the best benefits from doing so, but it is a choice they are making themselves and the game does not need to be modified to accommodate that choice.
I feel it is the responsibilities of the other players in your corporation/alliance to make sure the dedicated techs benefit as much as anyone else in the stack.

My main was a tech pure for 2 years of my career when we were in a smaller alliance, and now after 4ish years im only level 90 because i decided to start gunning.
Yes, techs need some sort of exp boost, its unfair for people who only tech.

I think it's stupid . So u want to change the game for your liking so that u can make more xp while u stay safe with your tech on. Take your tech off and go roid or farm like all the other guns have to .

I already run into enough jack asses that farm in tech sets . If techs get xp boost it will only add to the number of ppl that get away when we hunt. I'm looking at this from a pew players view .

So guns have to have multiple sets but techs don't is wat u saying?

only option i support is significantly increasing the xp given for degrapple.
thats fair.
i dont feel techs should get less dmg reduction so they can farm. thatd be unfair. in all games, techs/medics/healers do virtually no damage, as a trade off for their extreme healing abilities. its a proven balanced mechanic for over 25 years of gaming history.
maybe if you dont wanna roid your tech, or swap it to different set completely, invest into a plus dmg LE hold (r2g?) and a + dmg gun (phaser is max plus dmg). since gun n hold can swap in black, you could change them on the fly if theres a quick need to go rescue some corpmate or something, without a total regear/trip to blue/cluster to swap comp n harv

I dont think a slight xp gain when degrappling a player from npc or other player would have any negative effect on pvp. It is a very small amount of xp as is. Current xp for degrapple is XP = 6 + NPC_LEVEL * 2. If not too difficult, could the base number increase to 10 giving techs XP = 10 + NPC_LEVEL * 2. Seems reasonable

If you give XP for degrappling another player, within a week there will be tons of high level techs.
Someone will write a program that just has two ships in the same sector... One with a beam and one with a tech.
In other words way to easy to exploit.