Ik im dreaming but heres my tib dream ...

HERES MY IDEA AND I SAY THIS IN JEST AS I KNOW NOT HOW HARD IT BE TO CREATE ...

AS UNITY SERVER EXISTS ITS TWO ALLI system (currently) and game is alliance bound . In regard to how game normally is played you alliance vrs another alliance etc ..

Hundreds of players in an alliance vrs others for long time with loyalty n all that jist .. Playing with same peeps n vrs same enemies... SO HERES MY IDEA I THINK WOULD FRESHEN TIB OR EVOLVE IT..

Create a temp server opens for 3day events.. Can take a x garry n max of 35 accounts in each garry.. NO ALLIANCES.. Max of 20 in a sect but 35 in corp*
Put real leader boards n bounty boards .. Create it so bamf hs whom ever wants teams up of 35 ships only n make real events..
Events like
Hr of power all accounts r shown red for one hr
Bounty board looks like hc rank board n if bounty on you and u killed u r ship locked for 10 mins or longer

Add combat tweaks like if u in shuttle n kill in pvp u get x3 cp call it the baby perk idk
Each few hrs event changes on server ..

AS I SAID I HAVE A DREAM LOL

My dream is that Spellbook actually incorporates new content into the game.

Zipper
My dream is that Spellbook actually incorporates new content into the game.

Lol too tru

Green server was supposed to be the small corp/alliance server, and it was pretty unpopular.
The best way to do it is to have hard-coded NPC factions players can join instead of letting them create their own. I'm just not sure how feasible that would be in the current game structure without it being really disruptive and/or launching a completely new server.
It could be interesting, though.
Say...there be 4 faction: Pirate, Wyrd, Heteroclite, and Privateer. Being a member of each faction gives you a specific set of stat bonuses (and/or penalties), and these bonuses (and/or penalties) scale based on the un-evenness of the faction populations. Think of it as a soft-cap on any faction's population.
Maybe associate factions with Corporations, so each member of a corporation is a member of that faction? Then do away with Alliances entirely, and have Faction Planets instead (or just have Earth as the only planet?).
Might be fun.

Make it more like the book. :)

The thing I still don't get is why the caps were raised from 200 to 400. If they still were at 200 we'd probably would have 3 or 4 equal alliances by now.

DaGuide
The thing I still don't get is why the caps were raised from 200 to 400. If they still were at 200 we'd probably would have 3 or 4 equal alliances by now.

Or not. :p

If there were 3-4 perks you could have as a Corp without deploying a garrison, I think small alliances would be more feasible.
The problem is a small alliance starts out and just gets rolled everyday non stop. Then people get upset that they lose their speed, hull, and weapons bonus. Let the corps pick 3-4 permanent perks and see what happens.

Small r bound by the culture of the bigger allies always has..
Imagine waking up pming others from alli n from non alli but longterm friend..gather twenty to 30 ships n take a x garry for a THUNDERDOME EVENT SERVER.. Drops all big alli issue .. U would see total unique gaming ..
Have it open for 3day only n nice rewards ..
If was small n tight enough rules it would be awesome.. U would see 8 teams of 25ish goin at it ..
X garry would is easy gb but if u didnt allow gb until last day n last days event is last man standing .. Be interesting who hits who n what order to acheive the win ..

Amcilla
Green server was supposed to be the small corp/alliance server, and it was pretty unpopular.
The best way to do it is to have hard-coded NPC factions players can join instead of letting them create their own. I'm just not sure how feasible that would be in the current game structure without it being really disruptive and/or launching a completely new server.
It could be interesting, though.
Say...there be 4 faction: Pirate, Wyrd, Heteroclite, and Privateer. Being a member of each faction gives you a specific set of stat bonuses (and/or penalties), and these bonuses (and/or penalties) scale based on the un-evenness of the faction populations. Think of it as a soft-cap on any faction's population.
Maybe associate factions with Corporations, so each member of a corporation is a member of that faction? Then do away with Alliances entirely, and have Faction Planets instead (or just have Earth as the only planet?).
Might be fun.

Is this not how Eve Online works already?