New Combat Point Options

New features live today (use :COMBAT and :COMBAT HELP in chat)
- 100,000 Combat Points: Elite Rank 4
- 200,000 Combat Points: Elite Rank 5
- 8,000 Combat Points: Spawn a small invasion on top of you
- 5,000 Combat Points: Show an entire corporation on the map for 15 seconds
- 1,000 Combat Points: +100 Garrison Research at any Garrison
- 1,000 Combat Points: Convert 1 Combat Point to 3 XP (Subject to diminishing returns, no MindSurge bonus)

Keep in mind the intent of these is not to provide crazy powerful new systems, but is instead to give some options for spending excess Combat Points. They are conservatively priced on purpose to avoid disruption and imbalance.

So 1000 cp= 100 RU?
5000 credits is the equivalent of 100 RU. Which means you could kill a well geared ship, collect the credits it drops and then use those credits to research your garrison and get a better return than the 1000 cp. I think if you want research on a garri to be a cp sink, it has to be sorta equal. Otherwise there's no point in doing it.

I know you are being conservative, but the xp is a bit too conservative. There were a lot of fans for 1k cp for 10k xp with the diminishing returns applied and that would be nice and not too powerful. It would actually be worth it. The way you wrote it makes me believe you are doing 1:1 WITH DIMINISHING RETURNS. Which sucks in every way possible.

Yankeeguy
Which means you could kill a well geared ship, collect the credits it drops and then use those credits to research your garrison and get a better return than the 1000 cp.

30-ship fleet kills a 100 Combat Point target, generates 3,000 Combat Points for a single kill. That one kill = 300 RU.
Your math is not taking anything into account beyond your individual gains. Giving more RU would be massively disruptive.
As always, I start low and move up. Doing this badly can permanently harm the game.
If they aren't worth it nobody will use them, which will signal to me that they need improvement.

Invasion spawn could be fun. Invy spawn, the new Nova bomb

Should also add in spending 1000 cp to buff any of your stats by by .05% would also be a good option

JusticeFox
Should also add in spending 1000 cp to buff any of your stats by by .05% would also be a good option

I considered stat buffs, but I worry about "making the strong stronger".
We'll see how these play out first.

Ozymandias
JusticeFox

I considered stat buffs, but I worry about "making the strong stronger".
We'll see how these play out first.

Could do diminished value as well for it to even it out allow low level peeps to compete with high level peeps

If you think about it it's like 20k cp for 1% buff would be very use full for a carrier or tech that 1% is a big help