Deflector Special

lets get to it...
deflector needs a boost in stats....because deflector is tied into carriers now i think defector special has been under rated.
1) every special increases power/usefulness except deflector and gaining 2ep at ulti not worth the aug.
2) deflector dont work against Ram stun, don't work against garrison intra stun, don't work nova stun now, damage reflect don't work against npcs,,,don't work against beam splash to stun attacker.
3) the damage reflect to attacker is a joke no benefit.
4) it only works if a beam is attacking you directly
carrier and deflector special needs to be separated, maybe a handful of people in the game have ulti deflector becasuse there is no real benefit auging to ulti except 2ep.
ideas..maybe make 3ep at ulti, resist stuns like it was intended, more grapple resist...just some ideas but it dose need a boost in stats!
Lets here some more ideas to make this special more useful...especially at ultimate
ty for listening.

I do think deflectors need a buff, only thing I can think of is making them immune to rams.
Would help rescue carriers out a hell of a lot which is a good thing for both sides of the PvP

ISHADOWI
I do think deflectors need a buff, only thing I can think of is making them immune to rams.
Would help rescue carriers out a hell of a lot which is a good thing for both sides of the PvP

and right there is the problem...carrier and deflector is tied together.
and no carriers should not be immune to ram stun

I'm open to improving any of the under-used specials. Feel free to make further suggestions.

Deflectors could be immune to novas and actually shoot the damage back at the other stack?

I feel that an equipped deflector special should block the stun from rams and now novas too, while the built in deflector on the carrier should remain the same as it is now. If carriers want the full benefits of the special, they should have to equip the special, similar to how Wyrd assassins do not get the full benefit of an ultra-rare stealth unless they actually equip an ultra-rare stealth (Wyrd assassins do not get the +hit and +evasion bonus if I remember correctly).
To make them actually worth while to augment up to ultimate, have it set up similar to the scout rarity vs stealth rarity. Where an ultimate ram or nova would still be able to stun a precursor or lower rarity equipped deflector with a reduce chance to stun based on the gap between rarities.
+3ep at ultimate seems over-powered to me personally, but more grapple resist would be nice...
and of course, no changes to intra stun at all, as a ship special should not be able to block that kind of power anyway.

Deflectors SHOULD work versus everything on carriers they should NOT be removed off carriers or made weaker, that's just stupid to even suggest. The fleet speed and the deflector is what makes them worth 25m.
Don't like it? Buy a carrier...

If you want to mess with specials raise the drop rate for alien hunters bit a ton to where they get ultis off regular kills but raise the resources higher and the drop rate of good gear. Legendary and below . That'd be cool

How is the Deflector an under used special? It serves a specific purpose and does so flawlessly, countering tractor beam. Plus returning damage to enemy is an added bonus. These are pretty much required gear for rolling clusters now, so I fail to see how they need any help. Now, bounty hunters are under used. And maybe novas with the recent change could stand a buff, maybe an EP or something that won't alter their mechanics. WAA's seem to be pretty low in circulation, but their effects are big in use.

Dominion
How is the Deflector an under used special? It serves a specific purpose and does so flawlessly, countering tractor beam. Plus returning damage to enemy is an added bonus. These are pretty much required gear for rolling clusters now, so I fail to see how they need any help. Now, bounty hunters are under used. And maybe novas with the recent change could stand a buff, maybe an EP or something that won't alter their mechanics. WAA's seem to be pretty low in circulation, but their effects are big in use.

Novas are a credit/bd sink special now. Requiring massive amounts of repair when they chain. They don't need any help.
Deflector is fine.