BD value increasing, credit value declining

EvilFrostedJ
If engineering turns to credits, it should start with ranking up/down only. Possibly add repairs, NO AUGMENTATIONS for credits, that would make BD in the same situation credits are in right now.

Make all engineering credits and completely get rid of bd. End of problem. Bd are the premium currency, if there is no premium currency and everyone's working with the same thing life would be a lot easier. You want more credits? Buy them. If you don't want to buy them, farm them.

A very simple solution would be to have an option to buy black dollars from server in game. Set it to 4k or even 5k per.
So if you actually buy black dollars with real cash, you can still sell for a decent amount.
And if you want to advance your progress faster, you still can.
Farming credits is still no easy task.

New credit sink ideas,
from Blue / garrison RJ, EJ or Cj can be done with either 7000 credits or 2bd. ON map remains BD.
Corp Tactics / Mind-surge/ Super Charge can be purchased for 1000000 credits. Ali remains BD.
Ship Bank / inventory capacity increase could be purchased for 10000 credits.
A new endgame ship would add several credit BD spend areas if you make that ship require its own class of computer and special. If the end game ship shares an existing class its less of a sink. A compromise might be it available for upgrade / aug with either BD or credits.
The ability to create BOE gear with a very large amount of credits would create a sink.
the ability to buy "LUCK" with credits which adds a short time of % loot increase to a player that builds on an AH if equipped.

The ability to use credits to buy a HIDE HC from the map for a short duration, with a long cool down between purchases.

The ability to use credits to repair skip drives, anywhere anytime.

The ability to use large amount of credits to Aug up the built in specials of the BD purchased Wyrd ships.

IHooman
The ability to create BOE gear with a very large amount of credits would create a sink.

BOE gear is one of the problems in the market. No need to give the ability to make more lol.

The use of credits to lay a a cluster of 1 mine

Credits for rj but probably not cj/ej would also be good
Around 5000 for rj. Some would rather strip naked and run into a rifty costing 7000 credits than paying 2bd for rj back

I play Gold now, was blue until unity. I love this game and want it to do well, as i think most here do. Bd buyers have always supported farmers, i realize that now. Farmers need hope that they can at least contend with buyers and right now i dont know what to tell them. It's always been save 300--500k for flayer, buy bds from players, etc. On Gold we can't keep up. I buy bd, friends buy bd.....we want to support the game but people are quitting because its a game supported by people buying bds it seems. I believe if bd drops for farming npcs were increased (greatly) it would help achieve a better balance. Buying bds should certainly offer an edge, but as it stands its a necessary part of the games playability. A farmer would take years to compete with even a small, well used bd purchase when considering the customiztion of rp and skulls on top of augs. This has become more clear with the massive surge of steam players and their NECESSITY to gear up or be destroyed . There has been little or no reservations on them being targeted. Many quit after lvl 15. My hope is higher player retention, i enjoy this game more with more players. I feel that many that buy bds and are higher lvl would gain little with higher npc bd drop rates while new players//farmers would have reason to keep at farming. So potentially no detriment to sales, while encourging farming/active game play and inevitably more sales due to volume and popularity. As is, i dont see Gold doing well in the long run with the exception of the limitations of those already buying//willing to buy bds and those they support.