BD value increasing, credit value declining

Attak133

IHooman
The ability to create BOE gear with a very large amount of credits would create a sink.

BOE gear is one of the problems in the market. No need to give the ability to make more lol.

Agreed. BOE gear killed the gear market essentially.

@Ozy, a lot of ideas here. Some aren't game breaking and quite easy fixes. Any chance we could give one or two a go sooner rather than later?

Credits not being worth shit is just a symptom. Fixing that is like putting a bandaid on a pork chop to try and make it a pig again.
Need more end game things to do and general content to stem the loss of players. More and more of them selling out for real money on black market. That's why you don't see shit for end game gear on auction.

End game also needs a boost, maybe another map layer with different rules.
Also, when new map is launched, I would merge gold and unity.
I think unity population is too low to keep up much longer. Maybe 6 months or a year and it needs to merge.
But first we need to do something about the shortage of black dollars. And it can't be just from another 2x sale.
Could be that the new map has a much higher black dollar drop rate, but tougher and smarter npcs.

Hadouken
End game also needs a boost, maybe another map layer with different rules.
Also, when new map is launched, I would merge gold and unity.
I think unity population is too low to keep up much longer. Maybe 6 months or a year and it needs to merge.
But first we need to do something about the shortage of black dollars. And it can't be just from another 2x sale.
Could be that the new map has a much higher black dollar drop rate, but tougher and smarter npcs.

Content. People have laid off buying bd cause they see the game as stagnating. GB almost non existant.
Merging servers is not now and never was a fix. Tib lost a lot of dedicated players to the merge. I know several people that used to play all the time and buy bds. Now they login sometimes and don't buy any.
Why? Because they liked a more laid back server where they could do invasions and not get jumped every time or farm in relative safety.
Look at how many end game people only login for a message saying defense team is needed. BOTH servers lost more than they gained from the merge.
To fix the economy you need to end the selling out on the black market. To do that you need to give people a reason to stay.

Don't think merging a weak server with a strong server prematurely will have any positive outcome.
As said above, merges have lost players before.
Ultimately new content would be the best, adding another map or ship would bring back a few semi active players.

New content that doesn't require credits would increase the player base, place a higher demand on gear and black dollars, and create lesser demand for credits. That won't fix this economical issue, although I agree it needs to happen too.
More people will mean more credits in the system. If those credits have nowhere to go because nobody needs carriers, BDs will only be available through spellbook and not from other people selling them to acquire credits.
If there was another useful credit sink in game, you would find some people buying BDs to get credits for those sinks. If done right, it will generate interest from people who have left because they feel the game is "stagnant", and resolve both issues at once.

Attak133

IHooman
The ability to create BOE gear with a very large amount of credits would create a sink.

BOE gear is one of the problems in the market. No need to give the ability to make more lol.

Respectfully, I disagree. I think BOE is one of the great things about TIB, I would like way, way ,way more of it on all items. My reasons are, it protects the user from himself accidentally selling or dropping the items. It makes putting them in auction more valuable as the owners want to recoup their unbind costs. It allows users to make more variety of set ups for the cost. It allows a user to not use a garrison for nano. It stops people from the borrow / loan and never return drama we see on occasion. It brings a wider BD buying audience to the table as costs become reasonable, with an owner knowing it can be repaired in the safety of their ships.
Cons, market flippers, gear hoarders, hate this, all of this.
Would Gold server player base retention and BD purchases go up if BOE specials and computers were dropped ?
or if drops for uncommon had a 80% boe chance, rare a 70%, ultra 60% etc....

Is accidentally selling or dropping an item an actual problem? Are people doing this with any regularity?
BOE gear is a huge cause of the economic problem. Basically, gear is being entered into the economy that requires the use of BD in order to make it a powerful item. More players than ever are seeking BDs so they can augment the next BOE item. Because of BOE, BD are on higher demand than ever.
BOE is supposed to be less desirable than regular gear because you don't have the ability to recoup the cost of acquiring it. But, because of its huge reduction in engineering costs, BOE is extremely desirable.
On gold, specifically, there isn't any use for credits. There's no carrier to buy, and players aren't making RP available for credits (because they need BDs). Credits are borderline worthless, except on the rare occasion that anyone makes a decent item available on auction.

Derob
Is accidentally selling or dropping an item an actual problem? Are people doing this with any regularity?
It did occur to a couple players, or often enough that we would hear about it.
BOE gear is a huge cause of the economic problem. Basically, gear is being entered into the economy that requires the use of BD in order to make it a powerful item. More players than ever are seeking BDs so they can augment the next BOE item. Because of BOE, BD are on higher demand than ever.
This statement is exactly why MORE BOE should be dropped. You could of just said you agree with me, and stopped typing.
BOE is supposed to be less desirable than regular gear because you don't have the ability to recoup the cost of acquiring it. But, because of its huge reduction in engineering costs, BOE is extremely desirable.
BOE has been more desirable, see my previous post.
On gold, specifically, there isn't any use for credits. There's no carrier to buy, and players aren't making RP available for credits (because they need BDs). Credits are borderline worthless, except on the rare occasion that anyone makes a decent item available on auction.

Sounds like QQ,