BD value increasing, credit value declining

Derob
Is accidentally selling or dropping an item an actual problem? Are people doing this with any regularity?
BOE gear is a huge cause of the economic problem. Basically, gear is being entered into the economy that requires the use of BD in order to make it a powerful item. More players than ever are seeking BDs so they can augment the next BOE item. Because of BOE, BD are on higher demand than ever.
BOE is supposed to be less desirable than regular gear because you don't have the ability to recoup the cost of acquiring it. But, because of its huge reduction in engineering costs, BOE is extremely desirable.
On gold, specifically, there isn't any use for credits. There's no carrier to buy, and players aren't making RP available for credits (because they need BDs). Credits are borderline worthless, except on the rare occasion that anyone makes a decent item available on auction.

Ozy has already agreed that BOE gear was a huge mistake. Before BOE gear existed the market always had a use for credits. The higher price of ultimate gear kept everyone from being loaded with ultimates. When a player didn't want an ulti anymore it was put back into the market because there was no use for it. Everything flowed and people who didn't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money didn't have to. Does BOE gear help new players? Eh, it gives them an easier rout but they will still have to buy bds in order to achieve it. Credits simiply have no real value other than to purchase ships and buy metals. Consolidate into one currency or give people something to spend credits on. Aka MORE CONTENT instead of the same damn thing going on for 2+ years.

I like Boe for its nano without having it on.
Too late to get rid of it and can't go back in time.
A ship factory that let's you repair salvaged npc ships could be good. Credits only.
Alli needs to make the ship factory via research.
At first it can only modify starter ships. As it levels up it can do later ships.

You can still sell Boe gear, but it costs 100 bds per rarity to unbind it.

+1 to more content.
I think if / when gold merges, there should be a third "rift" map with totally different rules, rewards, etc

Ozy could always get rid of BOE gear, just convert all boe gear back to non boe. (keep current item rarity of course)
Best thing about BOE is I do not have to equip it to get nano, another simple solution, let items in inventory nano.

To address the OP. Herein lies some of the issues and a couple of solutions.
Solution: All BOE gear is now coded as regular gear and unbound. People keep the item or sell.+1 But now, gear is freed up for AH or...the Black Mkt for $$.-1
No more nano without Garrisons or items being equipped? -1
Solution: Change mechanics so Garri is for community weapons and items, i.e. an Arms Room. Make more space based upon Garri Level scaling with corp size (200 members).
Solution: Nanotechthen becomes a perk for all items on a Ship assigned to that Corp.
As for the Black Market Issue:
Trades of BDs, Credits, and Gear are sold for $$ and traded for nothing in game. This cannot be monitored except with code to flag certain activity, which then requires review.
Excessive trading to non-corp or alliance members for zero sum reciprocation could trigger a FLAG. The ability to engage in trades could then be blocked by the Server and a message popping up to inquire with a moderator @ [email protected] .
My 2 cents.

Too much dicking around for the black market stuff and doesn't solve the problem of people wanting to sell for real money.
Keep em interested.

RakkWarrior
To address the OP. Herein lies some of the issues and a couple of solutions.
Solution: All BOE gear is now coded as regular gear and unbound. People keep the item or sell.+1 But now, gear is freed up for AH or...the Black Mkt for $$.-1
No more nano without Garrisons or items being equipped? -1
Solution: Change mechanics so Garri is for community weapons and items, i.e. an Arms Room. Make more space based upon Garri Level scaling with corp size (200 members).
Solution: Nanotechthen becomes a perk for all items on a Ship assigned to that Corp.
As for the Black Market Issue:
Trades of BDs, Credits, and Gear are sold for $$ and traded for nothing in game. This cannot be monitored except with code to flag certain activity, which then requires review.
Excessive trading to non-corp or alliance members for zero sum reciprocation could trigger a FLAG. The ability to engage in trades could then be blocked by the Server and a message popping up to inquire with a moderator @ [email protected] .
My 2 cents.

Although I agree with most of what you've said, none of it will address the issue of credits lowering in value.
The reason they are lowering in value is that there is not much need for them to exist any more. The only currency people are interested in is BD, because it's the only currency that has an in-game use. The only reason for credits these days are for people to buy carriers. Those with gear worth selling won't sell for credits because it's highly likely they already have a carrier, so they only want BDs, which pushes BD prices up.

Kieran9316
Although I agree with most of what you've said, none of it will address the issue of credits lowering in value.
The reason they are lowering in value is that there is not much need for them to exist any more. The only currency people are interested in is BD, because it's the only currency that has an in-game use. The only reason for credits these days are for people to buy carriers. Those with gear worth selling won't sell for credits because it's highly likely they already have a carrier, so they only want BDs, which pushes BD prices up.

I agree about the limitations on use of credits, and thanks for the reply. There needs to be more uses for credits aside from the Auction House, Starports, and buyimg ships at Planets.

RakkWarrior

Kieran9316

I agree about the limitations on use of credits, and thanks for the reply. There needs to be more uses for credits aside from the Auction House, Starports, and buyimg ships at Planets.

Either that, or I like my original suggestion. Just add more ships. The endgame isn't very diverse. Kill two birds with one stone and fix the endgame and the credits at the same time. 2 more extremely expensive endgame ships bought with credits would fix the problem.