BD value increasing, credit value declining

Attak133

RakkWarrior

Kieran9316
Although I agree with most of what you've said, none of it will address the issue of credits lowering in value.
The reason they are lowering in value is that there is not much need for them to exist any more. The only currency people are interested in is BD, because it's the only currency that has an in-game use. The only reason for credits these days are for people to buy carriers. Those with gear worth selling won't sell for credits because it's highly likely they already have a carrier, so they only want BDs, which pushes BD prices up.

I agree about the limitations on use of credits, and thanks for the reply. There needs to be more uses for credits aside from the Auction House, Starports, and buyimg ships at Planets.

Either that, or I like my original suggestion. Just add more ships. The endgame isn't very diverse. Kill two birds with one stone and fix the endgame and the credits at the same time. 2 more extremely expensive endgame ships bought with credits would fix the problem.

Ships are just a band aid. Ok people buy a new ship, then what....

Just a thought that could have 2 options:
1. Ability to auction off bd's for credits like ah works for gear.
2. Ability to buy a limited quantity of bd's from spellbook using creds. (obviously would need some server side limitations to prevent abuse)
You want a credit sink, just allow transfers out of new server to blob server for those players to spend on blob server's unwanted ulti jewels.

Kieran9316

RakkWarrior
To address the OP. Herein lies some of the issues and a couple of solutions.
Solution: All BOE gear is now coded as regular gear and unbound. People keep the item or sell.+1 But now, gear is freed up for AH or...the Black Mkt for $$.-1
No more nano without Garrisons or items being equipped? -1
Solution: Change mechanics so Garri is for community weapons and items, i.e. an Arms Room. Make more space based upon Garri Level scaling with corp size (200 members).
Solution: Nanotechthen becomes a perk for all items on a Ship assigned to that Corp.
As for the Black Market Issue:
Trades of BDs, Credits, and Gear are sold for $$ and traded for nothing in game. This cannot be monitored except with code to flag certain activity, which then requires review.
Excessive trading to non-corp or alliance members for zero sum reciprocation could trigger a FLAG. The ability to engage in trades could then be blocked by the Server and a message popping up to inquire with a moderator @ [email protected] .
My 2 cents.

Although I agree with most of what you've said, none of it will address the issue of credits lowering in value.
The reason they are lowering in value is that there is not much need for them to exist any more. The only currency people are interested in is BD, because it's the only currency that has an in-game use. The only reason for credits these days are for people to buy carriers. Those with gear worth selling won't sell for credits because it's highly likely they already have a carrier, so they only want BDs, which pushes BD prices up.

This is the bottom line.
I actually saw black dollars being offered at 10k per today.
If you farm 50k per hour, which is a very ambitious rate for a single ship (no alts), that's 5 black dollars per hour.
When does farming become totally worthless?
When does opening your wallet become the only way to advance?

Offering an amount of BD to purchase per day might be a smart incentive for more play without breaking the bank. Say something like, five could be bought for 20K credits every 24hrs. Farming bd drop rate should be increased too imo. I think one of the biggest issues, my biggest issue at least, is keeping new players. There has to be a better incentive for them to farm and come back daily. Most quickly do the math on how long it will take them to Gear Up and just quit. Others start alt stacks with a goal to solo invasions for their bds and isolate themselves. I don't think it's a pipe dream to make a little tweak to bd drops/etc and grow the player retention rate. Just seems there's too big of a divide. You either buy BD or starve

This...right here is why I suggested a SB Mission/Reward infrastructure to be implemented in my other post.

Eros
Offering an amount of BD to purchase per day might be a smart incentive for more play without breaking the bank. Say something like, five could be bought for 20K credits every 24hrs. Farming bd drop rate should be increased too imo. I think one of the biggest issues, my biggest issue at least, is keeping new players. There has to be a better incentive for them to farm and come back daily. Most quickly do the math on how long it will take them to Gear Up and just quit. Others start alt stacks with a goal to solo invasions for their bds and isolate themselves. I don't think it's a pipe dream to make a little tweak to bd drops/etc and grow the player retention rate. Just seems there's too big of a divide. You either buy BD or starve

In regard to the devalued credits, a new ship, or ability to upgrade or even buy individual BD perks for credits instead of BDs might be a an option.
BD Menu - Credit Purchases
Individual Tactics, Supercharge, Mindsurge, and Accelerate up to X amount per X period of time for 3 X's BD cost as credits.
This also helps stabilize the cost of BD's against inflation to a small degree, i.e. a viable measuring stick as to value is placed on the cost of a single Black Dollar at 3,000 credits per the menu items.
Of course you can still sell BD's for 1k per, in the menu (although not the brightest option).
In regard to new endgame ships, I agree we need them and they should give special stackable bonuses or add to a wider range of playability.
Omega Type Ships
Not just EP, but enhanced healing, grapple, stun, and splash at Anni/Termi level.
Possibly, but not necessarily, these endgame Omega Type ships come with Elite 3, with 4 and 5 needing to be unlocked.
This also follows the idea I posted of enhanced Paired Specials.
Finally, a combination of Credits and CP should be considered for the new ships. Think of it as a rite of passage.
You need not only to have the credits, but also the combat points to pilot a Omega Type ship.

I think The Simple Solution is an increase in Black dollar drops. I think any given solo player should make roughly two or three an hour. Not based on alien Hunter/bonus, just based on time spent attacking. Couple that with being able to buy 5 per day for credits, keeps players active and gives a foreseeable way of grinding out a decent set of gear. There's still the super premium currency of RP and skulls that will always be sought after when players are building sets. Oh course there's account abuse to consider with the bd drops and purchases, so really don't know how you would configure this to limit drops etc to a single account. And maybe that's the whole problem, do multiple accounts kind of screw up the possibility of fair bd drops?

I think everyone believes both the NPC population as well as BD drop ratio could increase a bit.
However, doing corporation or alliance Rift invasions and dispersing them amongst the crew is the best current way to earn BDs.

FriedDuck
Just a thought that could have 2 options:
1. Ability to auction off bd's for credits like ah works for gear.
2. Ability to buy a limited quantity of bd's from spellbook using creds. (obviously would need some server side limitations to prevent abuse)
You want a credit sink, just allow transfers out of new server to blob server for those players to spend on blob server's unwanted ulti jewels.

Great idea Quack!

Hadouken

I actually saw black dollars being offered at 10k per today.

Nice. Before I left - less than a half year ago I think - I was just to see the first offers at 4.5k. When I started it was 3.5k.
I predicted 7k for Christmas and ppl in chat called me an idiot.
As it can be seen through the forum, nothing changed. Every idea aims for the endgame players.
When I joined what this game needed was new players, who still spend and can advance on credits.
Still nothing here for new players. Nothing here for players who wanna' play the game any different: maybe less hostile or less dedicated, less battle-centered or less Jack London like way.
Nothing changed and nothing will change till the game opens up and accepts, embraces and protects other ways of playing - along with new players, with endgame players completely retained from interfering.
That's all. That 10k price means that this game is already dying.
If you wanna' save it then quit qq: quit turning down any radical change with the good old 'just qq' crap and: CHANGE IT.

10k is bs. People still doing 3 to 4. Any jackass can ask for 10. Doesn't mean they'll get it