New ships for New players.

First i don't mind if people think I'm wrong or wan't to bash me but it needs to be told, why is it ok for the mods etc to give free ships out to new players when no one else who was new who started the game got a free ship. It annoys me, as I have had to work hard and also spend real cash to get the ships I own, then the mods go giving people ships that normal would take someone awhile to earn for free all because they are new, how about rewarding the people who have supported your game buy spending real life money and offering them a free ship.
It's unfair you give something that costs money to some people and not others, or at least let the players who have alts that can't afford a new ship be able to transfer their main account ships to the alts.
Not sure I wanna spend no more real cash on a game that offers some players a advantage over others.
I have asked the mods about this and just get told it's because they are new they get a free ship, I was new along with all the other players and never got a free ship offerd.

I hear ya, but really the ship they give away isn't all that special and is rapidly outgrown. They were already giving away several ships for leveling which at one time had to be bought, hell I wouldn't care if they extended the leveling freebies all the way out to flayer, get them to cp-worthy faster.

Hankspank
First i don't mind if people think I'm wrong or wan't to bash me but it needs to be told, why is it ok for the mods etc to give free ships out to new players when no one else who was new who started the game got a free ship. It annoys me, as I have had to work hard and also spend real cash to get the ships I own, then the mods go giving people ships that normal would take someone awhile to earn for free all because they are new, how about rewarding the people who have supported your game buy spending real life money and offering them a free ship.
It's unfair you give something that costs money to some people and not others, or at least let the players who have alts that can't afford a new ship be able to transfer their main account ships to the alts.
Not sure I wanna spend no more real cash on a game that offers some players a advantage over others.
I have asked the mods about this and just get told it's because they are new they get a free ship, I was new along with all the other players and never got a free ship offerd.

Sigh. I'm not really sure anything else needs to be said. The noobs are given a ship that is going to be used for a week at most before they get a flayer. It's people like you that ruin the game experience for everyone else. QQ why do they get a free hand out and I didn't QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ. What is the purpose of this post? To make the mods stop giving out a free ship to new players? Which basically means you don't really want to help out the tib community by giving new players a little pick-me-up and jumpstart to help them get acclimated to the game?

Hankspank

I am not sure this is anything more than a troll post. How can anyone take you serious about getting upset if a player gets a free invader. 3 years ago you could win a free Termi. (was a short period of time give away) The TIB community was generally happy when players won, in a friendly jealous way. I guess the first thumbs down to my post will be from you.

I bet he ate shit when everybody over level 15 or whatever got free skips or when we got ndrives, etc.

What advantage are those players gaining? An 11-ep ship that offers a small splash chance bonus? How about, long ago when players could farm grey whenever they wanted? Now, new players get double XP before level 15, and then get kicked out of grey space once they reach level 15. Pile on top of that, the 2x XP event we just had and new players are entering black space way before they are equipped to survive there.
Ran across two level 30+ flayers on Gold today, neither of which had any rare items, presumably because they cannot afford them yet. Give those new players an 11-ep ship so they can save the 100 bds (500k credits on Gold) and spend it on better items so they can farm more efficiently. They'll still need to upgrade to a flayer at some point so they can find specials and computers that fit their ship.