Carriers broke the game?

Interesting idea that garrisons should be defended by whole alliance. Does that means we remove ship caps from garrison enagagement and make it into one sector fvf? Could be fun.

Definitely sounds fun, but how in the world will smaller alliances stop the bigger alliances from rolling? Not that they're super efficient now, but this would all but give them 0% chance to defend their cluster.

Yeah not sure everyone defends is a solution. Then it just becomes a numbers game.
Maybe give each different ship an ability that can aid in fights.
One that negates tanks a bit when in sector, frigate.
One that boosts attack by a %, corvette or something.
Flagship that boosts entire corp while in sector.

@Xariol
Yeah all those sound fun and it would shake the game up a lot. Making small ships relevant again.

Here's an idea! Allow both alliances on an engaged garrison 150 vs 150. Only 15 ships can attack platforms, intra, garri. Opposing alliance only has those precious 200 seconds to try and pick them off while trying to find them in a huge stack. This could be a much-requested return to "red server sit-and-pew".

MechaGydrah
Here's an idea! Allow both alliances on an engaged garrison 150 vs 150. Only 15 ships can attack platforms, intra, garri. Opposing alliance only has those precious 200 seconds to try and pick them off while trying to find them in a huge stack. This could be a much-requested return to "red server sit-and-pew".

sounds funs and almost similar to RON busting lol

I have thrown the idea around of carrier tanks busting garrisons for a long time, the difference between hs and bamf is that HS decided to do it and are now reaping the benefits. I haven't been playing tib much lately, mainly because the game is stale.
As someone who has been playing tib for almost 5 years, the progression of this game has stalled out the past two years and follows a general pattern. Updates a pushed out hastily, and then the imbalances gradually come into light. There is absolutely no need to continuously hand out EP like candy. Ships are large enough already but they continuously get larger and larger, this needs to stop because garrison mechanics have not changed in order to adjust to the ships.Add some variety to the ships, stat bonuses, special perks anything to give diversity instead of everyone riding in a termi or carrier.
But off my soapbox of tib as a whole, when in comes to bust mechanics, if you are not one of the maybe 20-30 best ships in the alliance, the only defense action you will see is a support fleet. Perhaps changing the garri mechanics to incorporate more people. It's going to take a lot of testing, and it will be rough at first, but anyone who says they don't want to get their alliance members more involved need to remove the foot from their mouth.
Shake things up, make the game interesting again, because right now it is as stagnant as ever.

I have this super cool idea... How about instead of demanding change because you spent all thatmoney on your new idea for busting... You give BAMF a high five for realizing you guys didnt have a tech in your bust group... Therefore we run you OOM and kill you or just kill you. This was your choice... You took a chance.. It ended up that you got shut down. AS soon as I saw you guys had no tech i said well, nova bombs were used as a successful defense tactic 4 years ago... Why not do it again if they really daft enough to bust without a tech.. I cant believe you guys are so pissed because YOU overlooked ONE big factor... Goin oom sucks.. Novas eat metals.. And you CHOSE not to run techs in your bust team. I'm sorry more experienced veterans used their same old tactics to beat your NOT OP bust team.. I'm so sorry I crushed your dreams... Its what I have always been good at in this game.

ZiGGz
I havder this supderr cool iddera... How about instderad of ddermanding changder bdercausder you spdernt all thatmondery on your nderw iddera for busting... You givder BAMF a high fivder for rderalizing you guys didnt havder a tderch in your bust group... Thderrderforder wder run you OOM and kill you or just kill you. This was your choicder... You took a chancder.. It derndderd up that you got shut down. AS soon as I saw you guys had no tderch i said wderll, nova bombs wderrder usderd as a succderssful dderfdernsder tactic 4 yderars ago... Why not do it again if thdery rderally daft dernough to bust without a tderch.. I cant bderlidervder you guys arder so pissderd bdercausder YOU ovderrlookderd ONder big factor... Goin oom sucks.. Novas derat mdertals.. And you CHOSder not to run tderchs in your bust tderam. I'm sorry morder derxpderriderncderd vdertderrans usderd thderir samder old tactics to bderat your NOT OP bust tderam.. I'm so sorry I crushderd your drderams... Its what I havder always bderdern good at in this gamder.

This moron ^. sigh
Good points, wankee. Maybe spellbook can make tib interesting again and we can get you back! :) Is it a coincidence that you stopped playing 2 years ago and TIB got stale? I THINK NOT!

Damn rstln took all that time to quote and change what I wrote. UMADBRO? You act like a child.
Don't complain about me spitting the truth into your face. You took a big risk thinking it was fail proof. You chose to not run techs. That was your choice. Grow up and grow a brain dude