Nova CP

Rampage
What a suprise that someone from bamf ally brings up tanks as an example. I wonder why. This topic is about Nova's, not tanks. The Bamf QQ section is on the "carriers broke the game?" Topic. Go there if you want to adress the tank issue.

The topic of novas is indirectly tied to the topic of carrier-tanks.

Novas have already been nerfed enough. It used to be great watching the supernova and hypernova happen. But it stopped fvf so was rightly nerfed. Now novas have to be used with some thought so nerfing them further would make them useless or next to useless. The user of a nova gets no cp so it is only right that killing a nova gets no cp.

Although I don't really care if there's a cp threshold to trigger a nova - some tweak that adds to the strategy and application of these devices could add value.
Maybe nova damage dealt should tie into the ship's cp value as well as rarity level of the nova.

Xariol

That way when you get spammed by novas you at least get something to show for it besides broke.

This is exactly the same argument against baby killers and small alliances and on and on. I get killed, rolled, beat up, and broke........ Anyone who has wants fixes for those issue and speaks up all they hear is "You're not doing it right." and "If you don't like it try something else." or my favorite, "Get stronger".
I have seen quite a few novas in fvf. I'm certainly using more bds and buying more mets than I used to. I could avoid those pesky little specials all together if I wanted. I know where they are likely to get me ("farm smarter!", "don't farm edge of grey", "join a bigger alliance") and I can avoid it if I like. All that sounds familiar right?
Unless the nova has broken the game, I don't see a reason to change it. Fvf hasn't suffered because of it that I can see. We all want pew and know too many novas will end it so use has been limited. I say the nova does for TIB what the Colt .45 did for the West.....leveled the palying field. Someone gets too rough and even the little guy can mess with them a bit. Maybe shuttles up to level 15 should have double ultimate novas built in, the old novas not these tame beasts we have now. Lol
I'm still waiting for evasion/hit to be fixed which is an actual broken mechanic.

Xariol
Wouldn't really be a nerf to make the ship cp worthy. Hell just make it so a nova gives a set 30 cp or something regardless of gear. If they got more than 30 cp of gear on it gives that amount instead.
That way when you get spammed by novas you at least get something to show for it besides broke.

but the whole point that was made in this thread was to make em wear stuff to be cp worthy not just say hey u have a nova on ur cp worthy.
a nova wont go off unless its cp worthy. mostly word for word from the original post.

Simply asked for the ship setting off the nova to be cp worthy in order to do so. As it attributes directly to the cp involved for the fleet.
It doesn't? Okay. I'll start having peeps bring empty nova alts to everything and we'll see how much fun and "not impacting on cp" those 20-30 empty novas are.

robby
Simply asked for the ship setting off the nova to be cp worthy in order to do so. As it attributes directly to the cp involved for the fleet.
It doesn't? Okay. I'll start having peeps bring empty nova alts to everything and we'll see how much fun and "not impacting on cp" those 20-30 empty novas are.

There's a reason none of us do that during fvf, and that reason still stands. You know what's going to happen if you do that, right?

Ashmadai

robby

There's a reason none of us do that during fvf, and that reason still stands. You know what's going to happen if you do that, right?

everyone wears a mandatory nova!

^^^
All nova vs all nova fvf next time for fun. lets do it old red server style. No grappling just stand and fight lol. That should be fun.

There's no logical fallacy. To say the nova ship itself doesn't get cp is true but not the whole story. A non-cp nova can go off causing little-to-no cost to the wearer (how much does it really cost to repair an unc nova?) and cause near-total damage to several ulti'd out ships. These 1hp ships can now give a lot of cp to the rest of the stack - which is likely to include the main of the nova wearer (yes, I know some of you have one ship and it's a nova, but that's not often the case). So to say that a ship that has a special designed to cause the gain of multiple ships' worth of cp should in itself give cp in order to function is entirely logical. In terms of cp trade off, the CP you can get from a measely unc nova is way higher than you can get from any other special.
I don't really care either way. To be honest, a well organized offensive can nullify most nova attacks with attention and self-control, and a nova-popping stack, so I am not actually 100 behind either argument, but there is no logic problem here.
At least Whisper was able to point to the fallacy he was claiming in the carrier tank thread. You couldn't even be bothered to Google yours.