Murder Inc

Murder Inc. A name loved by some, but also hated by many. Mainly because of our corp history.

I thought it would be fun to start up this topic and ask you people about your experience with Murder Inc.

Please share your stories with us in this topic. No matter if from the past or recent happenings. Positive or negative ones. Ofcourse i will start.

The story i would like to share is the one about Murder Inc VS Fear Inc.

It all started with Murder being the top powerhouse of the game. Daily cluster rolls and all what not on the opposing alliances (i believe there were 4 total big alliances on the server at the time, dont exactly remember).

At the time alliances didnt have a corp cap. So an alliance was capable of having more than 8 corps in it.

The enemy alliances of Murder Inc decided that enough was enough, and wanted to bring Murder ally down. So they all came together into 1 big alliance which they called Fear Inc. I believe it had 27 corps total in it, please correct me if wrong.

Fear Inc put up some good fights against Murder, both sides suffering casualties, but somehow, it didnt seem like it was enough.

These battles continued for like 2 to 3 weeks. And i dont know what exactly happened within Fear Inc, but the alliance eventually fell apart.
Murder Inc was victorious once again.

After a while powershifts happened, Murder Inc came to face MURK. Man, i loved those days. Those are the real "good old days" most veterans speak of.

Fierce battles happened, both sides taking heavy casualties, the terraform runs on getting the first powerfull gaia planets was happening. Murk got there first, and had more powerfull ships. Eventually Murder Inc fell apart and the corp kind of fell apart aswell.

Now we've rebuild ourselves and are currently a strong force in the Hitsquad ally.

This is the end of my story.

Please feel free to share any story you want about Murder Inc.

My favorite memory was when murder inc was booted from our alliance for brotherhood corp. Good times!

Please keep in mind that murder was able to return to that alliance if we would change our name. That was at the request of brotherhood. That there shows how powerful our corp and name influenced and affected other corp leads. I guess those wounds run deep.

---RED IS DEAD---
Murder inc.
(From my perspective)
I started playing TIB a few months into beta.
Unbeknown to me at the time, Murder already had the server in a chokehold.
The first time I spawned in my at earth in my shuttle I had no idea of what lay ahead of me in this online universe...
I began my journey by mapping a few sectors around earth, killing a few aliens and pirates and learning the basics of farming and making money. It wasn't long however until my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see how far away I could get from earth, so I loaded up my little ship with as many resources as my cargo hold would allow and plotted a course due west, in my naivety I didn't even notice that I had left the safezone (not that it would have made much difference) and continued westward into the unknown...
I began to see more and more powerful aliens, and although I was still a greenhorn on the wild frontier of space, i knew my little shuttle stood no chance at defeating these powerful enemies so I made sure to avoid the stronger ships and fought the weaker ones to keep my metal reserves up while pushing further westward.
It was here that I first encountered Murder inc...
It all happened so quickly that I barely had time to react, I was going about my business purging the universe of another filthy alien when suddenly a fleet of ships appeared in my sector, and without warning they opened fire!
My heart skipped a beat and I began diverting resources to repairing my my critically damaged hull all the while trying frantically to make my way back to earth as quickly as my rusty little shuttle would allow.
I was running low on metal and I knew that if I didn't get away soon I would be dead, I tried my best to shake them but every time I changed my course they would be in the next sector with me...
I knew I was done for. I used up the last of my metal trying to make repairs and when I had nothing left I watched my hull being torn to shreds by their relentless gunfire as my control panel began flashing with red warnings I sat back and braced for the inevitable...
I woke up back at earth, still unsure as to what had just happened. Was it a dream? a nightmare? Had I even left earth at all?
A few moments later I received a transmission... It was an invitation to join a corporation, I wasn't sure what it meant at the time but I accepted anyway and was welcomed to the Bloodsoldiers corporation and began my training learning from my fellow members and made some new friends along the way...
Fast forward several weeks and I had farmed enough resources to buy myself a brand new battleship, and began fitting it out with a lighter hull, a bigger storage and most importantly more powerful weapons! Our corporation was now part of the GDI alliance and we were fighting daily against the murder inc alliance, against the bullies of the universe. We were the underdogs, we had very few victories yet we fought anyway for freedom of the universe, from the oppression of the bad guys, freedom from murder inc.
It was shortly after this time that I had to return to earth for a year to handle some business, so I left the battle for the control of outer space behind me and almost forgot about the war that was happening in the stars above me.
When I heard that a new system had been discovered, I knew that I was going to be back in space again soon... The green system they were calling it, and I was excited at the prospect of a new beginning... the universe had changed alot in the time i was on earth. New weapons and fitments had been designed, bigger ships had been built and someone had even stolen plans for some ships from the wyrd empire.
I used some credits i had saved from my time on earth to buy myself one of the assasin class wyrd ships and a grappling hook and began to equip my ship for hunting... I wasn't about to be bullied again!
I joined the elites alliance and began fighting against the other factions, and building better equipment to kill with. I had tasted victory and was determined to fight for power and control over the system...
It wasn't long before another system was discovered, the grey system. There was a mass migration of pilots from the other systems to this new one, I heard about the constant firefights, and massive fleet battles and knew that this was where I needed to be...
I quickly founded myself a corporation of my own and with the help of a few others began training up privateers to fill out the ranks, our garrison was getting destroyed several times a week and repair and deployment costs were hindering our progress, we were able to defend our quadrant of the universe from alien invasions however with only a few carrier class ships in our alliance we were unable to defend ourselves against the the bigger alliances.
One day I was leading a small fleet hunting for solo farming ships when we came across a solo ship from the dynasty alliance bearing the monicker Rebel13, we tried to kill him however he managed to get to the relative safety of an unoccupied garrison and we opened communications.
He offered several of us invitations to join his corporation as recruits. When I asked him which corporation he was representing he told me....
Murder inc.
I accepted the invitation almost immediately. I had mixed feelings about the corp, and about giving up my leadership position, but I knew that if I was part of murder inc that I would be back in the thick of the fighting where i belong!
That was over two years ago, and I'm proud to say that after two years of hard work, fighting against some of the toughest opponents in this universe. That I've recently been promoted to be a leader of this fantastic corp.
We have a strong membership base and are forever building and strengthening ourselves.
We may not be as powerful as the murder inc. of old (we may never be) but that's okay.
We know who we are and we know what we stand for murder inc isn't a just a corp it's a family, and we stand up for our own.
--Murder inc.--

tl;dr

We used to get daily emails ranting about how Murder Inc ruined the game, and the game was dead, and everyone was going to quit.
I always told them to "grow stronger" like the viking in The 13th Warrior tells Antonio Banderas when he whines about not being able to lift their swords.

The story of DantesChaos.
I first started tib just after i had some bad events in my life happen. Tib was my escape. When i first started i used the name AlucardX. My first run in with murder i had just gotten a titan and was trying out black sectors. Well needless to say a murder crew killed me and i went to universe chat to curse them out. Mythra was online... She proceeded to silence and ban me.. I was going off called them every name in the book and then some.
After a couple months i came back named as DantesChaos. Thats where my journey really begins.
I got up to level 20 and still had no corp. I was then recruited by Deeznuts and Bullitt into Starfleet. Deez took me under his wing helped train me and showed me the real way to play. Deez gave me my first despo and helped me aug and rank gear. I was soon helping doing busts and other pvp activities.
Blue opened about a year after I joined starfleet. Little did i know that we would soon be merged into murder and Deez made me an officer.. I got to about lvl 40 and had to take a break due to phone and work issues. I was on occasionally and mostly farmed.
Then green server opened and right around that time i had more free time. So from there i followed Deez to green server and helped him set up Elite Starfleet. We were beasts. First ones to bust and fail on garrys. We got stronger and Deez promoted me to a super.
I was constantly farming. Trying to catch Deez in levels. After a while my phone broke and it took me 3 months to get it fixed. During that time grey opened.
Once i got back i saw things had changed. Green server was quiet. All the people had left for the cp on grey. It took me a few weeks to get back to ES because nova1212 had taken over. We had our differences but worked most of it out.
Fast forward a little.
The point in time came that i was ally lead because of all the active people i had brought in. We did riftys that were 100+ sectors and making huge loads of bds and creds. I was around level 80 or so. I decided to go to grey to get a terminus. I bounced around a bit till i landed in special forces. That corp ended up dying but I met my best homie Udontnome there. We did invs till we passed out. And when he wasnt on i was in pvp. With real life in the way it took me a month to get a termi and gear
After i had gotten geared i went back to green to check on my ally and get levels by farming. (I have rarely roided unless im pushing very hard for a level) I got to level 100 and everything on green went to hell. Everything died.
So i chose to move to grey permanently.
I joined terra then moved to SF and after a while i spoke to rampage and mith. Very plainly i told them i wanted to come home to murder.
I got the invite home and ever since ive never looked back.
Murder Inc for Life.

Stealth
Please keep in mind that murder was able to return to that alliance if we would change our name. That was at the request of brotherhood. That there shows how powerful our corp and name influenced and affected other corp leads. I guess those wounds run deep.

Murder inc could have returned IF Deprod was no longer a leader and IF you changed your name. Not about the history, Murder Inc at that time was a shell of its former self with all the assets that made it dominant virtually gone.

Best nickname ever. Turds

It would be crazy to write down everything so I'll try to keep it short as possible...
Personally I think Murder Inc in their prime ( TheEvil ) was the golden era of TIB. The intensity during pvp and adrenaline rush was overwhelming knowing you could lose your main ship that you (in some cases) spent months farming to buy.
There are loads of Standout moments for me (including Fear Inc )...but if I had to pick one it would be right around the time they introduced the Devastator Alliance Mother Ship that never logs. I will never forget the feeling of dread and awe seeing TheEvil driving that monster on busts at SF super cluster.
The thing I hated most about Murder Inc was the constant attempts at trying roll our solo Corp Garrison, pretty much every single day at one point for months on end.. (why a small corp like us?) This went on for what seemed like forever right up till the day they removed Garrison lock down. I think talks with Corp leads on both sides ended badly, most definitely Murder Inc trying to intimidate us...and us telling them where to shove it.
Not long after xXLASHERXx made it compulsory for everyone to farm alt Ships loaded with mets and logged at garrison ready to defend ( Old school tech ships ). I knew then that things were gonna get real serious soon.
One day when logged on I witnessed something amazing. To my horror Turds tried busting our Garrison whiles no one was on and there was only one member defending. Crazy as it may sound he had dropped over 4k BDs before I showed up, deploying defence plats and lost all his ships trying stop Turds busting our garrison till someone logged on...OMG..lol
Lucky for us i logged just in time because he was out of BDs and ships to defend and was down to last plat. I was the only person who had access to all contact and means to call in the whole Corp for defence at that time as that was something I had set up for corp...to keep turds from busting our garrison. Along with an 18hr security plan every single day for months till they gave up. I think garrison lock Down was 8hrs then changed to 6hrs so the whole 24hrs was covered.
After sending out Alerts it didn't take long at all before the whole Corp logged in to help defend and stop them. This was the closest Murder Inc had gotten to actually taking a shot at our garrison. Most times there would be kill tags so they never stay for long periods trying to grind us out it seemed like we had unlimited resources and ships.
The chances of Brotherhood fleet showing up "which they did when able to with success".. was too big a risk for them. TheFuzz was the only real pvp lead during that time who was able to stand up against TheEvil as far as leading pvp fleets in my opinion. TheEvil was definatly the greatest pvp lead ever in TIB so posed a real threat for Turds...those were the 2 biggest names during that era.
But also losing ships was a serious issue back then and could potentially cripple a Corp if unchecked. You had to be smart and gtfo asap rather then hang around if things didn't go as planned and taking too much time.
The success defending against overwhelming odds (Murder Inc) eventually gained TheEvil's respect and being the only Corp left on map that hasnt been rolled by them. we never had any trouble from them since.
We only had 1 attempt on us over the years from Exmachina/Assassins wanting to take our spot. Many pms of threats were sent because we had one of the best cluster spot on map which was 9/10 Garrisons deep. That failed miserably for them not understanding the garrison mechanics properly. Murk also wanted our spot and sent many threats but never showed up. (Nothing to do with CD btw..He was rather friendly).
Murder Inc drove us to build and become stronger so we introduced a longterm plan for our small Corp after Cyric/Ozy promoted my main account to lead I had my work cut out for me big time being the only lead in corp. This eventually led to the Corp being strong enough to take part in all Major Alliances starting with Tictac Ally against Murder Inc. So in that respect it made us what we were back then which in my opinion was a good thing being able to experience all that has happened first hand.
So yeah thanks Murder Inc for being the best Villans in Tib history...It just wouldn't have been the same without you guys...just like Star wars wouldn't be great without Darth and The Empire.
Thats all I can be bothered to type for now....I missed the old times for sure and will always remember it being the best times in gaming for me....have fun.
Yours faithfully....old Tibbers