+100 Hit vs Evasion Bug

Xariol
Evasion might need some work after this. Seeing as it can go so high since last gear update.
There was a reason everyone went for 100hit vs it. Otherwise you were hard pressed to kill any of them.

But there was still a small probability you could kill any of them.

I know it. The thing is how much of a chance?
If you throw together a bust team of 130+ evasion ships that can rock out the 46 min dps needed to roll an XX and nobody can work up the hit chance to stop them then you're in the same place as the guys up against 15 carrier tanks.
Of course you don't need them to even do that. They come stupid high evasion doing the min dmg. Then you have a few ships doing really high dmg with slightly less evasion, those ships might die, not before they get enough dmg in to drop the garri.
Not sure on the math but I know bamf (pre merge) was using evasion to basically "roll at will with little risk" before 100 hit never miss was devised. Would be kind of dumb to see that happen again. Would be just as dumb as the tanked carrier busts.

i agree here.
all the elites realy unbalanced the whole garri bust game. almost unkillable carrier tanks, almost unkillable 130eva termis.
seems to me that the solution wozld be in garri defense perks.
maybe a perk which limits eva of ships on garri to 80 eva and limits dmg reduction to 20%.
numbers, could be slightly different. effect could be either for all ships or attackers only.
its, just a first thought

Why do all garris need to have the same perks? Why not allow 25 perks to choose from and the attacker can't see which perks r on until after they engage the garrison.
Could be some of the perks you mention that would hurt evasion attackers or tanked attackers.
I guess this is for another thread.
In the end if there is a game mechanic that needs fixing we need to fix it and then update other things after IMO.

No cluster should be easily rolled without deaths or possibility of deaths to the attackers. A cluster roll should never ever be a quick 15muinute thing to do between invasions. And there is way more to the game than GB, but here we are, talking about 15 ships in one ali who are upset, and the whole game needs rule changes.

IHooman
No cluster should be easily rolled without deaths or possibility of deaths to the attackers. A cluster roll should never ever be a quick 15muinute thing to do between invasions. And there is way more to the game than GB, but here we are, talking about 15 ships in one ali who are upset, and the whole game needs rule changes.

There was no reason you couldn't have stopped the carrier busts. just need to run them out of their limited mets. you already knew that and went with the easiest method of throwing novas at them.
these changes all come back to the initial problem. gear changes allowed for really high evasion near impossible to stop bus teams. was just lucky that it also allowed for a counter in the form of 100 hit chance.
now 100 hit chance is fixed but stupid high evasion is the same.
so we're just back to square one.

Xariol
I know it. The thing is how much of a chance?
If you throw together a bust team of 130+ evasion ships that can rock out the 46 min dps needed to roll an XX and nobody can work up the hit chance to stop them then you're in the same place as the guys up against 15 carrier tanks.
Of course you don't need them to even do that. They come stupid high evasion doing the min dmg. Then you have a few ships doing really high dmg with slightly less evasion, those ships might die, not before they get enough dmg in to drop the garri.
Not sure on the math but I know bamf (pre merge) was using evasion to basically "roll at will with little risk" before 100 hit never miss was devised. Would be kind of dumb to see that happen again. Would be just as dumb as the tanked carrier busts.

It doesn't matter now though, xar. We can just nova them. Problem solved.

I like the idea of choosable perks given a list. And I hope that at the end of this debacle, both carrier tank bust sets and eva termi sets will be relevant to GB. Carrier tanks should have higher survivability (not unpoppable) but lower dps, while eva termi would be the opposite. There is no fairness in making it such that carrier tanks become as vulnerable as eva termis when their dps output is 60-65% of same levelled termis?

Ozymandias
I'm not sure why this would be the case. It should be lower (but not instant). Probably just buggy code.

I've been on the bitter end of this "bug" for probably 6+ months since I first started trying high hit chance sets
may I ask for a follow-up on what exactly is going on here? cuz either way, fix or no fix, in theory I'd still be affected by this as I'm not under 1sec cooldown.
on a side note, by my understanding instant re fire is not actually a bug, just an unanticipated advantage cuz 100% reduction of cooldown is simply 100%. no surprise at all that it results in instant fire lol I get a lil eye twitch every time it's called a "bug"
not in disagreement with the need for a fix, just stating things as I see em.