carrier deflector proposals (only!)

Rstln

fatpreston
Let me ask you this. In war if the enemy uses a tactic that overwhelms you, you don't have mods to go qq to or forums to go qq on. You strap up your boots and you adapt to it and get work done.

*brain hemorrhaging from this not being a question!!!!!!*

Lol.

Yankeeguy

Carriers in tanks for a long time have been known as the superior method to bust clusters. An unwillingness to change is the main difference. While I do think a ship with 11 ep to start shouldn't be busting XX garrisons which cost in the billion credit range to make, the bigger issue is what allowed them to do it in the first place. Mainly elite ranks, implemented as a quick fix to drain combat points from the game.
Carriers in tanks just take advantage of what is being given to them. Same as every other aspect of the game.

I have no complaints about HS utilizing something that's possible in the game; all is fair in love and war. But if we agree that a ship with 11 ep to start should not be busting xx garrisons -as you said - then the devs should put things the way they are supposed to be.

Ashmadai

Yankeeguy

Carriers in tanks for a long time have been known as the superior method to bust clusters. An unwillingness to change is the main difference. While I do think a ship with 11 ep to start shouldn't be busting XX garrisons which cost in the billion credit range to make, the bigger issue is what allowed them to do it in the first place. Mainly elite ranks, implemented as a quick fix to drain combat points from the game.
Carriers in tanks just take advantage of what is being given to them. Same as every other aspect of the game.

I have no complaints about HS utilizing something that's possible in the game; all is fair in love and war. But if we agree that a ship with 11 ep to start should not be busting xx garrisons -as you said - then the devs should put things the way they are supposed to be.

Wont your termi eva busters scale just as hard from the 2 extra ep they were given?

Do you think the extra ep on termis is a game changer the way the carriers are?

@nucelarwaste They don't scale the same way, adding 5 ep to a 19EP ship (Termi) is a 26% increase in available EP, while to a 11EP ship (Carrier) is a 45% increase in EP. Additional EP is more powerful for small ships than they are for big ships.
Or put it this way. If I gave Bill Gates ten million bucks he hardly gets any richer. But If I gave it to a homeless man, he's now rich.
It isn't just about EP. It's also about all the other stats that have been added to items. Ships are way more powerful these days. Garries are the same.

NuclearWaste

Ashmadai

Yankeeguy

Wont your termi eva busters scale just as hard from the 2 extra ep they were given?

Last I knew termi didn't have built in deflectors that made them immune to tractor beams

Yankeeguy

NuclearWaste

Ashmadai

Yankeeguy

Last I knew termi didn't have built in deflectors that made them immune to tractor beams

So, why dont we make resist stats on osmi/thoriums scale better with ep, making them viable bust equipment and allowing tank termis to exist, have better dps than carriers, and be a viable alternative to full carrier tanks?

Not so sure about changing resist stats on hulls, but why not allow ranks to go up to XXXV now that 5 elites have been added? Everyone and their mother can fit XXX guns now.

What if we just took the deflector off the carrier and everyone promised not to stun folks if they're driving or rescuing?

Let's remove all ulti gear from the game aswell while were at it. Or, just remove all stats given on ulti items.
Oh what the hell. Lets go back to the old tib with populated planets, flagships etc. No gear, no carriers, no garrisons. Back to early beta