A TANK's PURPOSE

Xariol
who gives a shit about counters.
if there was any other way to roll a xx laden cluster bamf would gave used it by now.
screw all this useless debate and change how garrison defense/busting works entitely.
the last gear change had several unforseen problems that changed the dynamics of the game. they are at their conclusion and now it's time to change the rest of the game to adjust.
could sit here and piss and moan about tanks and nova all you want.
Standard have your cake and eat it too. You have people that want their indestructible XX garrison and be able to roll the other guys XX.
it's circle jerk debate of epic proportions. just stop.
come up with a new system to replace the current broken one. then gear can stay the same and the whole debate is moot.

Expect someone from Spellbook to step in, agree with you, say that they already wrote the code to make Garrison engagement changes but can't seem to make it work on iOS.
Meanwhile, can we get back to pissing and moaning?

Ashmadai
You guys said you'd contacted Ozy and told him about this amazing counter and Ozzy still said that the nova is the only counter to tanks. Seems like it's a myth.

Actually, I told ozy the other defense suggestion 2 days after he said this. Coincidentally, that's the day he started to make changes to the nova. Go figure.

Guys, guys, guys. Lets focus.
Just abt everyone here agrees that garrison engagement needs to be changed. Just abt everyone here has posted some ideas on what we want to change. Many of those ideas are similar. We actually agree on a lot more than we disagree.
So why are we still fighting like cats in heat? Lets not go back to the arguments of page 17 of three threads ago. No more secret counters pls, that line gets old.
I think we should pretty much meet in the middle. Radical nerfs to the carrier tanks till they're useless is a nonstarter. Radical nerfs to novas till they're useless is a nonstarter. Both have their place. Common sense solutions is the way to go. And both sides have made plenty of them.
I'm waiting to see which one Ozy prefers before we launch the next 15 pages of catfight over. But i believe ozy will choose something that is fair.

Whisperwalk

robby
I have searched and google searched long and hard about reading how carrier tanks weren't meant to bust a garrison, i've yet to find it.

Man you're such a tool. You literally quoted what I said, went on a tangent, on something I didn't even say nor have I.
I realize you can't get laid and your superiority needs to come out on a forum for a phone game, but lest we remind you, your perception of your own ego isn't something up for debate here, the game itself is.
Point to the specific post/screen shot, etc where it's stated that tanks weren't designed for busting, thanks.

robby

Whisperwalk

robby
I have searched and google searched long and hard about reading how carrier tanks weren't meant to bust a garrison, i've yet to find it.

Man you're such a tool. You literally quoted what I said, went on a tangent, on something I didn't even say nor have I.
I realize you can't get laid and your superiority needs to come out on a forum for a phone game, but lest we remind you, your perception of your own ego isn't something up for debate here, the game itself is.
Point to the specific post/screen shot, etc where it's stated that tanks weren't designed for busting, thanks.

Sorry man. I just re-read and you're right.
I just got caught up in the multiday arguments i guess.

Good lord, seems like the only fix needed here is a built in ruler for tib so everyone can measure themselves and go home.
This is the classic QQ from both sides. No exceptions. Each side declares imbalance in a way that will affect the other party. When in reality, neither side is wrong, it is the game mechanics that need to be fixed.
Garrison engagements have remained the same for years, throughout all the added ep and dps and hull, garri have stayed the same. The game hasn't caught up to the player base. Garri perks will be nice but won't affect whether or not a garri can be busted unless an overpowered defense perk is added.

Grouphug

Mithraeus

Jperr87

Mithraeus
Actually bamf was rolling HS regularly with the Eva sets, so we got creative and made 100 hit defense sets. Then you couldn't roll us, and it was the end of the world.
Remember that QQ?

and 100hit was an exploit. so u still trying to say we was wrong? so many bamf have 100 hit sets and not a signle 1 has complained that it got nerfed. yet so many hs complained when we asked for a fix. hmmm

No, I'm saying that you guys QQ nonstop when we find ways to pop you. We didn't ask for Eva to be changed. We found a way to pop you using the existing rules at the time.
Quit asking for tanks to be changed and figure out a workaround.

u found and exploit and exploited it. thats a great gamer. didnt bother trying to fix issues in game just use em to ur advantage and hope no one figures it out.

Jperr87

Mithraeus

Jperr87

Mithraeus
Actually bamf was rolling HS regularly with the Eva sets, so we got creative and made 100 hit defense sets. Then you couldn't roll us, and it was the end of the world.
Remember that QQ?

and 100hit was an exploit. so u still trying to say we was wrong? so many bamf have 100 hit sets and not a signle 1 has complained that it got nerfed. yet so many hs complained when we asked for a fix. hmmm

No, I'm saying that you guys QQ nonstop when we find ways to pop you. We didn't ask for Eva to be changed. We found a way to pop you using the existing rules at the time.
Quit asking for tanks to be changed and figure out a workaround.

u found and exploit and exploited it. thats a great gamer. didnt bother trying to fix issues in game just use em to ur advantage and hope no one figures it out.

hardly an exploit just unforseen flawed game mechanics. same as really high evasion was. same as stupidly overpowered xxx defenders.
let's move on.

Kieran9316

Ashmadai
You guys said you'd contacted Ozy and told him about this amazing counter and Ozzy still said that the nova is the only counter to tanks. Seems like it's a myth.

Actually, I told ozy the other defense suggestion 2 days after he said this. Coincidentally, that's the day he started to make changes to the nova. Go figure.

So its been a couple weeks, need to call BS on Kieran here. No changes to Novas, but we have the strike command added. So basically carrier tanks on ships over level 200 are a 4 year old equipment stat that could be adjusted to have a greater DPS nerf.
yup.....