Please all read..

Eh, I'm more of a purist. I like that the game is hard. Like I said, I see where you're coming from and there's some legitimacy to it, but some of what you're saying has been voiced for years, and a lot of it boils down to, it's a niche game. I think diluting some aspects of the game to cater to a broader audience would be a disservice.
But I'm all for new stuff. I still think the tiered arena system would be a welcomed boost. Another good idea would be to make it free to start a corporation, and move that start-up cost to buying a garri. Make some basic Garri perks like enhanced drones and storage automatic without garrison, and introduce a few new perks to replace them, like advanced scanners and upgraded plat damage, and make the strike feature a deployable Garri perk as well.

Haidric

Shuadragon

Krazy went.shadows folded .sins r dieing LS went SH struggling list goes on and that's not who has quit..

To clarify why Krazy went: Some of us top players from red and grey got pissed off that Krazy alliance beat down and killed green server to the point that the other alliances gave up and the players that used to play there went back to their origin servers.
Once r,b,g,g merged it was open season on Krazy.
Also, you need to revise option 4). Majority of us dont script and after ozy implimented the account nerf mechanic once it detects automation, you can assume that 99% of players regardless of what alliance no longer use said script to prevent further nerfing of their accounts. Also, a lot of us top players never spent a cent on BD (I spend money on BD because i often give free gear and ships to newbros who join our corp and alliance).
From what OP tells me, you never have joined Bamf or HS. Sorry to say but these two alliances are the only two that are relevant. The other alliances are just stepping stones that newbros use to develop their accounts a little bit so the big boys will take them in (We dont recruit shuttles in commons. Some special cases we will even give you free gear and a flayer before recruiting you).
Your options at this point are the following. Keep in mind this is a PvP game. Not farmville. Farming is something you do to gather credits and BD to support your PvP activities.
1) Join BAMF/HS. Contact an officer+ (As a newbro you're better off contacting a SuperOfficer, use the armory or leaderboard to find a name whos online from your chosen corp/ally and PM them. Asking in server chat flags you as a spy normally.)
2) Quit Unity and join Gold. Biohazards are still taking in newbros (I know because I helped found it when gold opened. Ive been watching them grow and progress even though im no longer playing gold). This option however, a few months up towards a year down the road will eventually become just like option 1). Where you need to join one of the two (or three, weve had three large alliances before and it can happen again. GO O.G RED SERVER!! BROTHERHOOD ALLY REPRESENT) and PvP regularly with an occassional farm with your mates to support said PvP.
PvP games are supposed to be hardcore. I never understood this "Cater to me because of my feels" BS.

Exactly only option is HS or bamf bs option.. Game needs more..newbies r must any server..who buys U UC r ur N leg gears? Newbies..this effects all tib via top tier are to well protected by Ozzy's tweaks

Shuadragon

Haidric

Shuadragon

Krazy went.shadows folded .sins r dieing LS went SH struggling list goes on and that's not who has quit..

To clarify why Krazy went: Some of us top players from red and grey got pissed off that Krazy alliance beat down and killed green server to the point that the other alliances gave up and the players that used to play there went back to their origin servers.
Once r,b,g,g merged it was open season on Krazy.
Also, you need to revise option 4). Majority of us dont script and after ozy implimented the account nerf mechanic once it detects automation, you can assume that 99% of players regardless of what alliance no longer use said script to prevent further nerfing of their accounts. Also, a lot of us top players never spent a cent on BD (I spend money on BD because i often give free gear and ships to newbros who join our corp and alliance).
From what OP tells me, you never have joined Bamf or HS. Sorry to say but these two alliances are the only two that are relevant. The other alliances are just stepping stones that newbros use to develop their accounts a little bit so the big boys will take them in (We dont recruit shuttles in commons. Some special cases we will even give you free gear and a flayer before recruiting you).
Your options at this point are the following. Keep in mind this is a PvP game. Not farmville. Farming is something you do to gather credits and BD to support your PvP activities.
1) Join BAMF/HS. Contact an officer+ (As a newbro you're better off contacting a SuperOfficer, use the armory or leaderboard to find a name whos online from your chosen corp/ally and PM them. Asking in server chat flags you as a spy normally.)
2) Quit Unity and join Gold. Biohazards are still taking in newbros (I know because I helped found it when gold opened. Ive been watching them grow and progress even though im no longer playing gold). This option however, a few months up towards a year down the road will eventually become just like option 1). Where you need to join one of the two (or three, weve had three large alliances before and it can happen again. GO O.G RED SERVER!! BROTHERHOOD ALLY REPRESENT) and PvP regularly with an occassional farm with your mates to support said PvP.
PvP games are supposed to be hardcore. I never understood this "Cater to me because of my feels" BS.

Exactly only option is HS or bamf bs option.. Game needs more..newbies r must any server..who buys U UC r ur N leg gears? Newbies..this effects all tib via top tier are to well protected by Ozzy's tweaks

i play quite easily as a privateer farmer, and you can enjoy the silence of space :)

Guys making comments but U r making same point but I see it as bad tib..
Few makes comments join HS N bamf ..rest Alli r stepping stones.. What crap.. Via Ozzy tweaks and HS N bamf style play U guys r causing what krazy did on green. Bully all others to join your way or or FK off.. Exactly my point.. Watch tib die faster than U think if continues.. When gold mergers the gap be to big and many them will go too..

Shuadragon
Guys making comments but U r making same point but I see it as bad tib..
Few makes comments join HS N bamf ..rest Alli r stepping stones.. What crap.. Via Ozzy tweaks and HS N bamf style play U guys r causing what krazy did on green. Bully all others to join your way or or FK off.. Exactly my point.. Watch tib die faster than U think if continues.. When gold mergers the gap be to big and many them will go too..

ehhhh english, get stronger or die. This is a player driven game.

Selective edits, people. We don't need the ENTIRE back thread every time.

todpjonny

Lukin

todpjonny

Lukin

todpjonny

Haidric

ffs.

ffs..

ffs..

ffs..

ffs.

[...]
Just my two cents.

Lol.. Ik .
It's a real issue and I would like it addressed.. The point can go as far as the known cash selling of gear..mass fvf produces cp., CP via bully lowers into having buy their CP.
Having an attitude that's join big two or quit is all in one bracket a pit to disaster.
It's why guys r leaving ...why is it a problem to provide atleast one other server and have lower caps and try even out some problems... This has been raised b4 and some if not ALOT have already gone idle...
I'm not gunna go on N on..BUT if this whatever it is let's address it..
Ill show a set of balls N ask it..if it's not the fact there this happening correct me plz I'm wanna hear it

Okay shua, we have some historical data on reopening the other servers. Let's see how it works out.
When the rbg merge happened, there was one dominant alliance picking off folks on green server. The same seemed somewhat true of blue server. Red had enough ships for two big alliances, but when DR came over they all collapsed into one to fight DR.
Gray had 3 major alliances up until the very end, and folks still said it was the worst server for noobs. Those people, incidentally, were mostly on other servers bullying their noobs.
So what is better for players in general and noobs specifically? One giant alliance to hold everyone down or multiple big alliances that fight each other and mostly leave the little guys alone?
Which setting provides the greatest opportunity and fastest upside for a new player? A new server that is low on resources or a developed server with an abundance of resources?
Which player base benefits the new player the most: two large groups of successful veterans or an entirely new server full of noobs?
I could go on and on but I doubt I'll convince you. Let's just agree to disagree.

Mithraeus
Okay shua, we have some historical data on reopening the other servers. Let's see how it works out.
When the rbg merge happened, there was one dominant alliance picking off folks on green server. The same seemed somewhat true of blue server. Red had enough ships for two big alliances, but when DR came over they all collapsed into one to fight DR.
Gray had 3 major alliances up until the very end, and folks still said it was the worst server for noobs. Those people, incidentally, were mostly on other servers bullying their noobs.
So what is better for players in general and noobs specifically? One giant alliance to hold everyone down or multiple big alliances that fight each other and mostly leave the little guys alone?
Which setting provides the greatest opportunity and fastest upside for a new player? A new server that is low on resources or a developed server with an abundance of resources?
Which player base benefits the new player the most: twoa large groups of successful veterans or an entirely new server full of noobs?
I could go on and on but I doubt I'll convince you. Let's just agree to disagree.

I agree mostly to all of that...
Providing a second server to current unity is not a noob server..
If a second server exists it opens up play options, merchant , server transfer gives many things...the cap on rules is the key in regards to member Corp and sect..
Two unity servers..but the other is of a more tightly reigned rules so the current exp players stay..this issue has effected many guys whom where raising nubs and increasing tibs likability have left..revolving door bk to same issue..
I respect all U guys N gals thoughts ..be good hear solutions and Ozzy reply to this plz

You are starting to contradict yourself.
First post is mostly about noobs and retention. Now saying not about a noob server.
Reopening Green: Green was a colossal failure, it was basically dead, why on earth would anyone suggest doing that again.
Blue turned into something of a Farmville a few weeks after Grey opened. OK, people can invy all day long, don't even need stealth cuz low chance of being hunted ... meh ... Blue farmed and farmed, jumped to grey for gear, then jumped back to farm some more.
Red, idk, didn't spend much time there before grey, none after grey opened, can't comment on how they ran.
Gold, I don't fly there, no reason to, so no comment.
Unity merge, lots of crying and gnashing of teeth, end of the world, cats and dogs sleeping together, don't cross the streams! And in the end everything flowed together pretty well. HS and BAMF beat each other up. Sometimes someone else gets a whoopin, mostly noobs and smaller alliances are ignored.