New Content

There was discussion of TIB's future and possible demise, due to stalemates on rolling clusters. Personally, I never really cared for rolls, nor do I believe the inability to successfully roll an alli cluster has any negative implications on the future of TIB. That's not really a topic I wanted to go into here though.

In my opinion, TIB's demise or success rests solely on CONTENT. Unless we see some radical changes, the game will become stale enough for everyone to eventually get bored and move on. The social aspect keeps us here, but the game itself is incredibly tedious and repetitive. I've had some ideas which I thought might actually add to game play, which I'd like to explore with everyone:

Quests - a series of seek and explore type scenarios, where a stack of ships pay x amount of BDs to enter, are teleported to a randomly generated map layer, where they have to navigate and solve the puzzle/find the object/meet other aliens and decide to help or attack or deliver something, etc...Ships can only leave this layer if they complete the quest or if they die, and each quest limited to one hour to successfully complete or fail and be teleported back to Earth.

Dynamic Map Layer - new map layer to farm or do invasions, with connections and invasions changing every couple of hours to keep things interesting.

Tournaments

Multi-tiered invasions with growing difficulty as you progress through each tier, and perhaps with specials dropped from completing the hardest level.

Multi-alliance invasions vs a new incredibly difficult NPC faction. Bring enemies together for just a single invasion to mix things up.

Maybe if some of these ideas could be implemented, perhaps not only would see a lot more players join, but we could retain the veterans and play for many more winters to come.

there was discussion on new npc factions with higher lvl of ai. i remember ozy talking about he tested it but it was glitchy and super hard cuz npcs would stack and kill everything or something like that. if he could figure out a way to fix that and implement it that would def be awesome and prob the best way to maintain tib for awhile.
these npcs were supposed to hunt/attack players/bases and if 1 person/corp/alli attacked and killed to many of them they would become more aggressive towards that person/corp/alli. there was other things they were supposed to do and stuff by my memory fails me on the exact stuff.

That sounds awesome. Please find a way to make intellegent npcs work Ozy. Farming dumb npcs is OK for noobs but gets tedious after a while. Need something to fill the gaps while waiting on decent PvP stuff to happen.

+1000 to new content.
Anything. New npc faction, new rift layer, new garrison perks, new alliance deployable objects, new gear, new ships, server wide invasions, massive single npc battles, tournaments, whatever. The forums are filled with good ideas. Just implement some of them, please.

Mithraeus
+1000 to new content.
Anything. New npc faction, new rift layer, new garrison perks, new alliance deployable objects, new gear, new ships, server wide invasions, massive single npc battles, tournaments, whatever. The forums are filled with good ideas. Just implement some of them, please.

Yes!

Big +1 to new content. Personally what drives me is killing humans up close and personal..But agree people need new stuff to keep game fresh.
I was looking forward to having a pet dread reaper...guess that's never gonna happen...how well.
I remember pre patch red when ozy dropped a monster on grey near earth which needed every alliance/Corp on map to even stand a chance at beating it...We got our butts kicked big time but was really fun...I'd like to see that again.

New Content?????
Strikes!!!
New Garrison Busting Rank mechanics!!!!
The TIB Community has been asking for new content for a while now. For the most part it has seemingly gone largely ignored. Yes, we have received Strikes and New Mechanics. Strikes are new. Updated bust mechanics are just that, updates.
Read the suggestions page, it is stuffed with all kids of ideas, both good and bad. Rarely do you see a comment on these which means one of a couple things..
1. They are largely ignored and just a place directed away from general forums to be ignored. (I have noticed that ideas that get placed in general seem to get comments as opposed to a rarity in the suggestions_
2. The ideas are so good that they are choosing to implement them in TIB 2 (which we really have no idea if that is coming or not)
3. The ideas are actually going to be implemented and are being tested now for bugs and balancing.
4. The ideas are good but they are simply to much work or not possible under current structure.
One thing is clear, the community is starved for content. There are so many die hard fans of this game and a portion have simply stopped playing. Some have hopes that something will come while others have simply given up hope.
Yes, we understand that there is "another" game that has be produced and released. That cannot be an excuse for putting this great game to the side. Unless this game simply has no future.
If the game has a future then plans should be made and at some point shared to give those playing hope and a reason to keep playing. If it has been one thing that has been consistent, the community is constantly demanding this. I for one hope that something is coming and not just in crumbs but in something big!!
#keepTIBgreat
#makeTIBgreatagain

The problem is that the recent change to garrisons are long overdue. How many good players will walk before new content is introduced? Hopefully not so many that there becomes no point to even working on new content.
The question is, is spellbook going to treat TIB like one of their supported games, or are they going to treat it like it's hit it's peak and is going out of fashion?

Jperr87
there was discussion on new npc factions with higher lvl of ai. i remember ozy talking about he tested it but it was glitchy and super hard cuz npcs would stack and kill everything or something like that. if he could figure out a way to fix that and implement it that would def be awesome and prob the best way to maintain tib for awhile.
these npcs were supposed to hunt/attack players/bases and if 1 person/corp/alli attacked and killed to many of them they would become more aggressive towards that person/corp/alli. there was other things they were supposed to do and stuff by my memory fails me on the exact stuff.

A long time ago maybe 3-4 years ago AI factions were talked about by ozy, they were essentially AI players and had all the similarities to a regular player, they'd have their own cluster and they would fleet up and attack players, only issue was they would fleet up and kill new players around the border and not out farther in black. The project was nixed and never brought up again unfortunately. With a little tweaking it had the potential to be a great feature in the game.
The game has had the same thing to do over and over for the past 5 years. New gear gave a little bit to play for, and the expansion of the map with the creation of rift gave something new to play for, but nothing else has been introduced to peak anyone's interest into coming back.
If even half of the old vets that have quit playing due to boredom (like myself) came back and started playing tib again, this game would have a new breath of life that it desperately needs.

Jperr87

Cap it like a defense fleet, the npc fleet pings the nearest 3 sectors, gathers up the strongest 20 ships, and attempts to wreck your life.