XP for CP

Before any QQ happens. I understand I am saying this to benefit people that love to hunt and love pvp. Let me also say I hate roiding (even though we have ulti roid gear)...

The cp to xp ratio seems silly when looking at what you can do with combat points. Can we up the cp to xp ratio? 1000 cp to 3000 xp is silly. Someone would have to kill 10 decent ships during double cp events to get 1000 cp which then relates to 3000 xp. Another person could pop a roid 3-4 times and get 3000 xp. I have watched some specific ships (which don't need to be named) that do nothing with their alli but sit around and pop roids and do solo rifties get to level 300 within 1-1.5 years while most of the ships in TIB are no where close to level 200 after 3-4 years. Why does pvp not create xp (experience)? IMO a human opponent is much harder than a npc and should give more experience.

CP to XP should be closer to 1000 cp = 10000 xp. Not only would that be more fair for the interactive players but it could actually make people want to hunt and gb to compete with the roiders and solo invy peeps. And this isn't a HS vs bamf comment. Bamf and HS both have these types.

We can obviously discuss it.
CP -> XP isn't diminished by the soft level cap, so it is something more valuable and useful to people who are at higher levels.
On that note, should we also discuss capping stats (and BDs rewards) earned from Levels, and then remove the diminishing returns/soft level cap entirely?

Amcilla
We can obviously discuss it.
CP -> XP isn't diminished by the soft level cap, so it is something more valuable and useful to people who are at higher levels.
On that note, should we also discuss capping stats (and BDs rewards) earned from Levels, and then remove the diminishing returns/soft level cap entirely?

Not until there's more stuff added to the game to do.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this. Roiding is a single person event. Some people may take alts to give some protection, but it is still a single person event. Earning CP is a team event. You personally may have earned 1000 CP in a fleet, but so did everyone else in your fleet. Based on the fleet size you could easily be talking 50-100K CP for your fleet.
Knowing that, I think the 1000 CP vs 3000 XP is fair.
Though I would love to see the diminishing returns/soft level cap removed :-)

just people wanting to get levels easy

I like the soft level caps. It puts an even handed limit on levels from roiding.
3k xp seems low to me, but 10k seems high. Maybe split the difference and make it 6513 xp for 1002 cp?

All I know is for 100k cp for a level 100 ship they can either get +1 ep or roughly 3 levels at 3k XP per 1k cp. For a level 200 ship they can get 1 level with 100k cp. That 100k cp took them most likely a few months to get at a minimum. That 100k cp also probably cost them a lot of dura and made them join team events.
That same level 100 ship could roid for a few days with little risk to anything and level 3 levels at 800 xp per roid pop or 400 xp in black.
We are encouraging solo play sitting in a sector and pushing a button to "pop" a roid?
If you think turning cp to xp is the easy way to level that is a funny comment... roiding and solo rifties is the easy way to level especially with double XP events. There are players that prove roids and rifties are the way to level and somehow they play all day every day and some don't join team events at all. This is in all allies.
I just think it would be nice for those that care about xp to actually think about turning cp into the xp and give another reason to join a team event and hunt or fvf.
I would love to know how many people have actually turned any cp into xp at the current rate. My guess is 0.

There's probably room for improvement.
It's been used 1500 times by ~450 people. One person has used it 110 times. There's a handful of people who have used it 30-50 times and then 10-30 times. Most people have used it 1-5 times (I assume to test it our or just to level quickly).

Thanks for feedback. Seems very low ratio currently to spend it on XP but just an idea.

Amcilla
There's probably room for improvement.
It's been used 1500 times by ~450 people. One person has used it 110 times. There's a handful of people who have used it 30-50 times and then 10-30 times. Most people have used it 1-5 times (I assume to test it our or just to level quickly).

probably less than the amount of times people have used the :elite command, and that is 25 times the CP.