New game up and running.......

Hey folks, now that your new venture is up and running, what's the plans for the old workhorse that got you there??

Seems the main concern was getting Dire out and running of late, from a business point of view new ventures keep things fresh and extend a companies portfolio.

But, it seems as though Tib has been shelved or at the very least in the process of being shelved through neglect. It's probably a good time at this stage to remind you that the success of the kickstarter was mainly due to the massive support you got from Tib community SMASHING your target within hours.

As one of these players, I'm hoping my investment in BOTH games hasn't caused the death of one.

Any news on tib improvements, steps towards increasing numbers, anything other than minimum additions to CP spend, that serves only one thing I can see...... more CP hungry battles, causing an attrition of players??

Just curious :)

Fully backing your comments here Typhon. Plus there is a large community of intelligent, creative supporters who could significantly contribute to enhancements or a new version. I remember Ozy saying TIB 3.0 was on the cards.
Ozy tell us your strategy!!

Typhon
Hey folks, now that your new venture is up and running, what's the plans for the old workhorse that got you there??
Seems the main concern was getting Dire out and running of late, from a business point of view new ventures keep things fresh and extend a companies portfolio.
But, it seems as though Tib has been shelved or at the very least in the process of being shelved through neglect. It's probably a good time at this stage to remind you that the success of the kickstarter was mainly due to the massive support you got from Tib community SMASHING your target within hours.
As one of these players, I'm hoping my investment in BOTH games hasn't caused the death of one.
Any news on tib improvements, steps towards increasing numbers, anything other than minimum additions to CP spend, that serves only one thing I can see...... more CP hungry battles, causing an attrition of players??
Just curious :)

A lot more diplomatic an approach than my post, mine got deleted. Agree whole heartedly with everything you said.

I would like to see a faster levelling system implemented for new players.
With many of us having played a few years at the very least. I can only imagine how daunting it must be for low levels who are probably overwhelmed by the sight of all the high level big ships prowling the server.
It needs to be a mechanic that can't be exploited e.g won't work for any player with 1 or multiple accounts over level 50 already.
But something like an xp boost for a new player that's in a sector with more than 9 other ships.
It would not only encourage group activities and help new players making them more likely to stick around but would mean that they level up faster upto a certain point and don't feel so far behind the rest of the server.
(and hopefully more CP for us :P)

It's only been a little while. people panicking and rushing dumb ideas into action is what got the game to the state it's in.
give ozy a chance to get dire going on steam.
only so many hours in a day.

Xariol
It's only been a little while. people panicking and rushing dumb ideas into action is what got the game to the state it's in.
give ozy a chance to get dire going on steam.
only so many hours in a day.

Oh sorry, you got it right. I don't want to hear any updates from spellbook about their plans.
Typhon (and so many others) aren't asking for something immediate. We just want some transparency and attention. If they say nothing, it's probably because we won't like their real plan.

Nothing is shelved or neglected... I'm one person. I can only do a single thing at a time.
I understand players are used to massive game companies with hundreds of employees constantly turning out content -- That is not something we're capable of. It requires millions of dollars.
That's the trade-off for a niche game like TIB to exist: No large developer would have made this, much less continue to run it at a loss 6+ years later.
Game development is not something that happens over night, particularly for small independent developers. We're no different from any other small game company here, who might go months between major updates.
It isn't maliciousness, or neglect, or whatever else some of you unfairly believe it to be. It's because we're humans who can only work 16 hours maximum a day, and the things you guys want can take THOUSANDS of hours to create, test, maintain, and deploy.
You bring up the success of kickstarter... We can't have another one if we don't deliver on what we promised. TIB players were promised 3x BlackDollars (which you received). You were also promised a completed game, which you have not received yet.

Ozymandias
Nothing is shelved or neglected... I'm one person. I can only do a single thing at a time.

Ok ozy, yes you're one person. You also have a team around you. Yes, it's not a huge team, but it's a team nontheless.
The measure of whether something is neglected isn't how much time you are busy. It's where it sits on your priorities.

Kieran9316
Ok ozy, yes you're one person. You also have a team around you

I do not have a team of game developers. There's me and Orian, and he has been working on TIB infrastructure for the last four weeks.

Kieran9316
The measure of whether something is neglected isn't how much time you are busy. It's where it sits on your priorities.

- Orian has been working on TIB infrastructure for the past 4 weeks.
- Megaweapon has been working on new TIB server deployment for the last 1.5 weeks.
- Our two moderators are in TIB every day.
- I work on TIB 3 to 4 hours a day.
So... 89% of our team's work day is entirely dedicated to TIB.
Not everything we're doing is obvious to you, and most of our time is dedicated to working on TIB.
Your definition of "neglect" is flawed.

And having posted the following somewhere along the way would have gone a long way towards soothing your player base's anxieties. How are we supposed to know that 89% of your work day is dedicated to TIB when we see 5% of it (that being the mods that are on, though there isn't much player interaction like there used to be when TIB was young and hip?) TIB is losing players daily and it's because there's no change, and no confidence there will be change on the horizon.

Ozymandias

- Orian has been working on TIB infrastructure for the past 4 weeks.
- Megaweapon has been working on new TIB server deployment for the last 1.5 weeks.
- Our two moderators are in TIB every day.
- I work on TIB 3 to 4 hours a day.
So... 89% of our team's work day is entirely dedicated to TIB.
Not everything we're doing is obvious to you, and most of our time is dedicated to working on TIB.