STRIKES DURING GARRISON ENGAGEMENTS

Mihhuu
How about removing the ability to check gear during engagements? May make thinks more interesting.

I like this. Maybe make it so that when ships are pvp flagged you cant see setups. Not only on engagements. +1 to this idea

Just as a first pass, I reduced the Garrison Strike stun to 1 second during engagements, and reduced damage to 20% of Max Hull (was 40%).
This went live on Friday. It should have less impact on engagements, while not being totally useless.

What if we limited novas on engaged sectors to once every 60seconds, or remove the bd heal cool down on engaged sectors?
No changes need for strikes, imo.

Okay we will test it out. Thanks.

I don't think adjusting strikes damage is the answer. A bust team stills runs oom from strikes only, and yes it was tested with full bust team and techs doing the repairs.
Removing bd heal countdown is a crazy idea and would only make matter worst. I think it is obvious why, but Kryton, feel free to ask in your alli chat why is a bad idea.

Mihhuu
I don't think adjusting strikes damage is the answer. A bust team stills runs oom from strikes only, and yes it was tested with full bust team and techs doing the repairs.
Removing bd heal countdown is a crazy idea and would only make matter worst. I think it is obvious why, but Kryton, feel free to ask in your alli chat why is a bad idea.

Yea the changes make strikes a lot less effective but still a viable resource for defense. And yes mihhuu is right can still run a team oom with strikes only. Although it takes twice as many.
I also agree removing bd heal cd is not a good idea. I am however in favor of reducing it.
I disagreed with mith about Novas needing tweeking previously, but i now see even tho it takes some effort to prep. It is a fairly cheap and easy way to stop any bust team. Some sort of restriction there in engagements might help.
Im also for making changes in other ways to make busting more feasible. Busting may need to be redesigned entirely.
Looking forward to seeing what other changes you guys come up with to balance the system and what spellbook decides to implement. Should be interesting to say the least.

Nova is the only defense against carrier tanks and if we change novas than there should be changes to carrier tanks as well. Novas won't work agains any bust team, just against deflectors. Are we resuming the old carrier tanks vs novas discussion now?

It's like everyone is stuck in a damn loop.
one side wants novas nerfed other side wants tanks nerfed.
#1. novas are lame in general. they screw up just about any type of pvp.
#2. if it isn't carrier tanks it'll be something else in the future. providing there are gear or stat changes.
make the intradictor change. it'll stop any, even in the future(gear changes etc) build from being abused.
then like pretty well everyone agrees make a change to stun resist. even if just in GB. so that you can't be permanently stun locked by a team of beams using overlapping stuns.
probably splash resist will need some boosts as well. that or make splash resist just affect the chance of you getting hit and then have your stun resist come into play as well.
then nerf novas in gb so you can't just drop a bunch of them into sector, shoot a deflector and end the gb.

Mihhuu

Exactly, it is crazy, so is nova defense...
Since before strikes and extra plats were introduced, we have not seen gb without nova defense. And imo, strikes and extra plats should be tested without nova defense altering the outcome to determine their true effectiveness.
And yes, strikes have caused hs to fail, but they are limited and require more tactics to overcome.
So, since bamf won't try, maybe the mods should put together a team and try to roll both hs and bamf. Then we can see how strikes compare to novas as a viable defense tactic. Because rolling should be possible, but not at all easy.

I didn't asked for any nerfs, I just replied to those asking for nova nerfs. Nova counters deflector in defense atm, asking to nerf novas in defense is similar to asking to nerf beams in defense. Would you feel better if novas and beams are both not allowed in defense, will it fix the issue?