STRIKES DURING GARRISON ENGAGEMENTS

Yea, grapple icon could work.

Mithraeus
Can you actually not tell the difference between an adjustment and a total change, mihuu? Or are you just trolling?
Nova defense can work without using 7+ novas. Carrier tanks can be killed with strikes, even with just 20% damage. What I want is the option to roll if the enemies fail to defend. I don't want anything automatic. It should be a contest, not a sure thing for either side.
Again, forcing a fail does not equal killing the entire bust team. If you guys think its so easy, try rolling us with your carrier tanks.

Whatever change was made we threw 8+ strikes at you and 1 nova and you lost 1 ship and dropped the XX garri.
While one side wants to roll without seeing novas the other side can say roll without carrier tanks. The novas stay static while the carrier tanks increase in levels. Eventually carrier tanks could roll a xxv garri (if it existed) due to levels.
Let's don't be so short sighted in the game. The strike change allowed a Xx garri to drop. Then when full defense was ready u got killed. Let's see how this plays out for a bit before more mudslinging.

Well, it looks like carrier tanks is the only viable bust build and we intend to keep it that way

Ozymandias

Xariol
...the problem never was that defence was too hard (even before carrier tanks)...

I have emails and posts from you (and others) that state exactly the opposite, in apocalyptic terms about the future of the game.
I made decisions based in part on that feedback, such as extra defense platforms.
It isn't that I'm opposed to tweaking things.. I'm just wary because you guys sometimes let your opinions swing wildly in one direction or another depending on the strategy-flavor-of-the-week, with little room for nuance.
So I'll ask this:
Does anyone strongly disagree that Garrison Strike is too powerful during Engagements?
Before answering, remember that you might be on both the receiving and giving end -- Consider what's best for the game as a whole.

95% of POSTs in this thread Coming from one ally .... they r gonna be BIASED and Definitely not in the BEST Intrest of Game. They Intend Garrison busting with tanks to be like a walk in the park and not an ENDGAME activity where u gotta be ready to take Colltaral losses. ... Best IGNORE the thread or come play the game for self to adress the issues players face everyday ... it is not that easy to Defend Garrisons even after Strikes that easy.

SWAT

Ozymandias

Xariol
...the problem never was that defence was too hard (even before carrier tanks)...

I have emails and posts from you (and others) that state exactly the opposite, in apocalyptic terms about the future of the game.
I made decisions based in part on that feedback, such as extra defense platforms.
It isn't that I'm opposed to tweaking things.. I'm just wary because you guys sometimes let your opinions swing wildly in one direction or another depending on the strategy-flavor-of-the-week, with little room for nuance.
So I'll ask this:
Does anyone strongly disagree that Garrison Strike is too powerful during Engagements?
Before answering, remember that you might be on both the receiving and giving end -- Consider what's best for the game as a whole.

95% of POSTs in this thread Coming from one ally .... they r gonna be BIASED and Definitely not in the BEST Intrest of Game. They Intend Garrison busting with tanks to be like a walk in the park and not an ENDGAME activity where u gotta be ready to take Colltaral losses. ... Best IGNORE the thread or come play the game for self to adress the issues players face everyday ... it is not that easy to Defend Garrisons even after Strikes that easy.

Not sure what that was about. If you read any of the posts here you'd see that everyone agrees things are broken.
Defense was easy before. With strikes even more so.
Nothing that can be done to fix this is an easy fix. Need to make some changes to GB/defense server side. Probably be the easiest to do not requiring client changes.
Other way is to add new content but that'll take a lot of time and effort. As it is now we can just make due.
Maybe you could try and roll a smaller alliance and see how that goes swat. Maybe try and find one with 3 or 4 lower lvl garrisons. Then you can see how overpowered defense is.

Xariol
Maybe you could try and roll a smaller alliance and see how that goes swat. Maybe try and find one with 3 or 4 lower lvl garrisons. Then you can see how overpowered defense is.

ENDGAME activity doesnt means it has to be easy... does it ?

SWAT

Xariol

Not easy dude. Impossible without just waiting for nobody to be online. Even that hardly works with strikes as you can stall or stop a first attempt using them and a few people.
148.1 evasion termi can be rendered useless by a good beam. Or popped fairly easy by a xxx citadel team.
Put a deflector on and you are blown to shit by novas.
When you get into all high level garrison the old. "Just change up gear" option doesn't work. There is no combintation you can pull out your butt to do enough damage and survive without being insanely high lvl to make up the difference.
None of this is an argument anymore.
Solutions that will make things decent again would be good. Not some knee jerk, "nerf" or "buff" to something. That will just compound the problems.

Xariol

SWAT

Xariol

Not easy dude. Impossible without just waiting for nobody to be online. Even that hardly works with strikes as you can stall or stop a first attempt using them and a few people.
148.1 evasion termi can be rendered useless by a good beam. Or popped fairly easy by a xxx citadel team.
When you get into all high level garrison the old. "Just change up gear" option doesn't work. There is no combintation you can pull out your butt to do enough damage and survive without being insanely high lvl to make up the difference.
Solutions that will make things decent again would be good. Not some knee jerk, "nerf" or "buff" to something. That will just compound the problems.

too many have quit tib since FULL TANK Carrier GB crews have developed and working fine against XX garrys... a Game killer imo ... and btw i havent seen a full XXX Citadel defence crew in a while which u talk hypothetically about.

SWAT

Xariol

SWAT

Xariol

too many have quit tib since FULL TANK Carrier GB crews have developed and working fine against XX garrys... a Game killer imo ... and btw i havent seen a full XXX Citadel defence crew in a while which u talk hypothetically about.

Not hypothetical. A decent alliance can pull out enough xxx defenders to stop anyone on a garrison.(aside from high lvl tanked carriers)
Of course you haven't seen one in awhile. Don't need one you can stop an attack with novas and strikes so there's no need for anyone to keep building them.

Xariol

Overpowered? We are all in agreement sins are the 3rd biggest alli and we were being rolled daily, I'd say it was fairly easy for you.
The only way for this to remain balanced as people advance levels is to have some form of nerfing of stats based on garry/levels. This should make a high level ateam actually be challenged by the dteam of any garry.
I know that idea has it flaws, ie you have earnt them levels you should d be able to use them, but doing so against everyone, time and time again kills off the competition, doesn't just hinder them.
You can't roll each other (hs/bamf) but can roll everyone else. That to me doesn't say defence is over powered. It says your defences are overpowered. Two very different things.