STRIKES DURING GARRISON ENGAGEMENTS

todpjonny

Xariol

Maybe you could try and roll a smaller alliance and see how that goes swat. Maybe try and find one with 3 or 4 lower lvl garrisons. Then you can see how overpowered defense is.

Overpowered? We are all in agreement sins are the 3rd biggest alli and we were being rolled daily, I'd say it was fairly easy for you.
The only way for this to remain balanced as people advance levels is to have some form of nerfing of stats based on garry/levels. This should make a high level ateam actually be challenged by the dteam of any garry.
I know that idea has it flaws, ie you have earnt them levels you should d be able to use them, but doing so against everyone, time and time again kills off the competition, doesn't just hinder them.
You can't roll each other (hs/bamf) but can roll everyone else. That to me doesn't say defence is over powered. It says your defences are overpowered. Two very different things.

Nothing stopping anyone from building their defenses up. That's still totally doable.
What is stopped is pushing bust sets any further. Carrier tanks are the end game of that right now and they have a counter in novas.
Either a massive change to the game in terms of gear/content is needed(SB doesn't have the time) or some balance put in like the smart intradictor to help even things out.
Everyone campaigned for a big server merge, this is the result. Now we get to work on fixing it or just sit back and watch the game circle the drain. We're already at levels of people online not usually seen until the summer months.

super easy fix..... remove gbing completely. then u can remove strikes and not have to worry about the over powered tank busters and xxx defenders. put more focus back into fvf and hunts. drops mic and walks away.

Mihhuu
Rampage, you also choose to ignore or fail to see posts that say traditional defense works so well against carrier tanks.

bro stop complaining, build yourselves a team of carrier tanks and come fully roll us like we rolled bamf last night. good luck. :)

Xariol
.A decent alliance can pull out enough xxx defenders to stop anyone on a garrison.(aside from high lvl tanked carriers).

That is a GAME KILLER (aside stuff) u talking about right there. Tanks were supposed to be tanks to soak in damage not to dish out damage that much that they can kill Maxed out garrisons in game like a breeze even defended by XXX Mi defenders without even loosing 1 ship. Their (Defenders) Only chance which was given were Strikes ... (Now Nerf ed Again) and make em almost not killable.

JoeyDice

Mihhuu
Rampage, you also choose to ignore or fail to see posts that say traditional defense works so well against carrier tanks.

bro stop complaining, build yourselves a team of carrier tanks and come fully roll us like we rolled bamf last night. good luck. :)

What is the PURPOSE of a defence fleet if its gonna fail .... even with best defence sets in game ...

Ozymandias
Just as a first pass, I reduced the Garrison Strike stun to 1 second during engagements, and reduced damage to 20% of Max Hull (was 40%).
This went live on Friday. It should have less impact on engagements, while not being totally useless.

Why not just turn off that Useless feature and work on re-balancing game the way it should be ... defendable garrys.

SWAT

Ozymandias
Just as a first pass, I reduced the Garrison Strike stun to 1 second during engagements, and reduced damage to 20% of Max Hull (was 40%).
This went live on Friday. It should have less impact on engagements, while not being totally useless.

Why not just turn off that Useless feature and work on re-balancing game the way it should be ... defendable garrys.

garrisons are completely defendable. haven't seen anyone roll a hitsquad garrison in a very long time.
a small alliance managed to defend vs one of the big allies on unity this morning. totally drove off the attackers. maybe you should ask that little alliance for pointers.
seriously though. some changes would be great.

SWAT

JoeyDice

Mihhuu

What is the PURPOSE of a defence fleet if its gonna fail .... even with best defence sets in game ...

The purpose is to get cp. Y'all killed a bunch of us in that roll yesterday. Did you not want that cp? If not, send Ozy a note and tell him to transfer it to me. I'll be happy to take it.
And you did stop us on several garrisons. We had to get inventive to make it work, so we did.
Go and do likewise.

Well... Strikes are useless now and So are XXX MI based defenders ... was this they way u planned to defend the garrys ... lolz ?

The smell of tears has led me here today. *sniff sniff* oh i see what causes it. Swat is back on the forum