STRIKES DURING GARRISON ENGAGEMENTS

This game has always been about ships in sector. Other things is sector as well: sp, garri, mines, npc, etc. Strikes do not conform to this.. You simply type coords to deliver damage.. From anywhere.
I think the game has not improved since adding strikes. My suggestion is to eliminate strikes and go back to ships fighting one another in sector.

You guys are complaining about novas and strikes.. Mean while over here in assassins were trying to figure out how not to get rolled every other day by hitsquad carrier tank teams, only way to stop it is blasting off novas or have level 200+ ships in kismets. Problem is carrier tanks! You get rid of novas and strikes hitsquad is bullying everyone without anyway to stop them. Carrier tanks is the problem hitsquad created this problem well Ozzy created this problem by allowing carriers to get this powerful.

Exmachina
You guys are complaining about novas and strikes.. Mean while over here in assassins were trying to figure out how not to get rolled every other day by hitsquad carrier tank teams, only way to stop it is blasting off novas or have level 200+ ships in kismets. Problem is carrier tanks! You get rid of novas and strikes hitsquad is bullying everyone without anyway to stop them. Carrier tanks is the problem hitsquad created this problem well Ozzy created this problem by allowing carriers to get this powerful.

HitSquad rarely brings carrier tanks to roll assassins. When they do its only 3 or 4 of them in the team not including the driver. And as stated before, carrier tank builds were made in response to these high level defense builds you just spoke of. If you want to put the blame on Hitsquad then you should blame the ones who built the 100 hit no miss bfg defence sets before hit chance was tweaked. Then u should blame the new gear that was added before that. Then you have to blame garrisons for getting higher level. Then you gotta blame spellbook for releasing this game. We aren't here to play the blame game.
Either way this thread was meant to discuss ideas to fix/improve the mechanics of end game garrison busts. Not to say one team is a bully. Im sure if you were in the position to where you had the team and gear to do end game busts, but you couldn't because of what it would take to accomplish you would feel the same. Point is end game garrison engagements need some tweaking. If it didnt, i feel you would see more attempts at dropping high level clusters. As it stands now, point hit is the only thing that really happens anymore and 9 times out of 10 its a fail and death. Ask both hitsquad and bamf if they have successfully taken each others point even once since strikes starting being used the way they are now for defense.
Also. Removing Novas or strikes was not the suggestion. We are looking to improve and balance them instead. Or at least i am.

Small changes are made to the game in order to try and balance things out but not every possible eventuality can be accounted for by ozzy so some things are more effective/beneficial/use than others, and this results in an almost endless circle of tweaks which counteract each other and so are largely useless.
Having said that, i think there is one thing in the game which is not working and this is getting cp for busting garris and my reasons are as follows.
As has been said previously in this thread, with the amount of novas and strikes both HS and BAMF have they would be lucky to get each others point (and Assassins trying either is pure suicide) Nanos generally aren't high enough to get cp from so the only opportunity to get this from is the Assassins cluster.
The 2.5kcp-ish that is achieved by busting us is about the same as 20 kills in fvf, is it really fair that 10 mins work can get that much cp with very little risk? I believe i am being fair by saying little risk as we do occasionally get 3-4 kills during a roll, but this reward seems way over the top for bashing one of the smaller alliances.
There will be some people that say well stop qq and build up your garris, and we do try, but when you are paying 2m every day (maybe every other day) to re-deploy everything it doesn't leave much room to grow.
HS are being 'considerate' when they bust as they could turn up in all carrier tanks and not give us a chance but they generally only use 2-4 of them so we do have a chance to kill the odd person (i think the most i have seen is about 7 carrier tanks on one occasion).
In my opinion this feature should be removed. This is not meant to be a blind "this doesn't help us so remove it rant" but a genuine discussion on the fact i see only negatives with this feature and it provides a disproportionate amount of cp for very little risk

read my giant wall of text a few posts up
nevermind carrier tanks. assasins can't pop high evasion either.
last run vs assasins you guys tried and failed many times to pop my 7.5k evasion build. if you had scouted the bust team you could have done a lot better.
also, your dteam is far from min maxed. given more time it will be though. then you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. nobody will be able to roll you.

the whole busting/defense dynamic of the game requires a thougt out change. not some knee jerk nerf to one aspect or the other.

Xariol
read my giant wall of text a few posts up
nevermind carrier tanks. assasins can't pop high evasion either.
last run vs assasins you guys tried and failed many times to pop my 7.5k evasion build. if you had scouted the bust team you could have done a lot better.
also, your dteam is far from min maxed. given more time it will be though. then you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. nobody will be able to roll you.

the whole busting/defense dynamic of the game requires a thougt out change. not some knee jerk nerf to one aspect or the other.

This is my point exactly, HS and BAMF cant roll each other so they roll us because it gives them something to do and a chunk of cp for almost nothing when it is very difficult for us to defend, and if we did get to a point where we could defend, the carrier tanks would be rolled out
You say give it time and our defense will be maxed but it won't, it may have got lost in my large post but we are spending all our creds re-deploying from rolls.
I agree that knee jerk reactions wont change anything. something needs to be done not based on high levels benefiting more as this is the case with strikes, ranking garri, planets etc, the bigger you are, the easier it is
A point i didn't include in my first post was that rolling us gives the same cp as around 20 kills, but another benefit of rolling Assassins is that it doesn't cost around 100 bds in shows (so about 450-500k creds) like it would in fvf which is another benefit of rolling us

Oober

Exmachina

HitSquad rarely brings carrier tanks to roll assassins. When they do its only 3 or 4 of them in the team not including the driver. And as stated before, carrier tank builds were made in response to these high level defense builds you just spoke of. If you want to put the blame on Hitsquad then you should blame the ones who built the 100 hit no miss bfg defence sets before hit chance was tweaked. Then u should blame the new gear that was added before that. Then you have to blame garrisons for getting higher level. Then you gotta blame spellbook for releasing this game. We aren't here to play the blame game.
Either way this thread was meant to discuss ideas to fix/improve the mechanics of end game garrison busts. Not to say one team is a bully. Im sure if you were in the position to where you had the team and gear to do end game busts, but you couldn't because of what it would take to accomplish you would feel the same. Point is end game garrison engagements need some tweaking. If it didnt, i feel you would see more attempts at dropping high level clusters. As it stands now, point hit is the only thing that really happens anymore and 9 times out of 10 its a fail and death. Ask both hitsquad and bamf if they have successfully taken each others point even once since strikes starting being used the way they are now for defense.
Also. Removing Novas or strikes was not the suggestion. We are looking to improve and balance them instead. Or at least i am.

That's a joke! You guys come full carrier tanks except for maybe 4 ships LMAO....

Exmachina
That's a joke! You guys come full carrier tanks except for maybe 4 ships LMAO....

Pretty sure your own team mate just stated clearly that what you are saying is 100% not true.
Keep in mind we as well as anyone else bring techs most of the time they are carrier tech. plus driver is always tank

Oober

Exmachina

Pretty sure your own team mate just stated clearly that what you are saying is 100% not true.
Keep in mind we as well as anyone else bring techs most of the time they are carrier tech. plus driver is always tank

Lol the one time several of the "carrier tanks" we're just carriers without tanks. nobody checked. lol
one was a tank in a citadel gambit. lmao