special events thread

It's possible that I've simply missed it. Is there a thread where special events are announced, and updated whenever they occur? "Double Rifty XP weekend" or "Boe Rifty weekend" or whatever. I just found, in ingame chat, that it's "Double Bust XP weekend". How do those guys learn about it, and I only get hearsay? Can I just log in, and see what's happening, or planned to happen within the next week?

I've browsed around and searched, but I'm not finding it.

Double Combat Points for Garrison Engagments
Double Combat points for PvP!!! On now Saturday April 29th, 2017!!
there ya go janissary. :D lol

It's announced on the Spellbook Facebook page, like the page and always be up to date!

Hmm.. Are they not visible when you log into the game on the Message of the Day screen?

Ozymandias
Hmm.. Are they not visible when you log into the game on the Message of the Day screen?

I see some things on the log on page - but I don't seem to see everything. I see most of the BD events, 25% and 50%, but I entirely missed the last 2x event. For the other special events, I only see when someone talks about it in chat. AHHHHH! I just logged in again. The 50% sale is clearly visible, that is all except alliance MOTD.

DaGuide
It's announced on the Spellbook Facebook page, like the page and always be up to date!

That is handy to know - I'll hit Facebook before logging in!! Thanks for that!

Xariol
Double Combat Points for Garrison Engagments
Double Combat points for PvP!!! On now Saturday April 29th, 2017!!
there ya go janissary. :D lol

Thank you - I heard the 2Xxp for garrison engagements, but I didn't hear 2XPvP.
Thank all of you!
Found the page, liked, and followed!

While on the topic of special events...and I'm not sure if this is doable or not...but can we try a Special Event where only certain ships equipped get a bonus of some sort?
An example would be Frigate Fridays...where if you equip a Frigate, you get 3x cp for kills or 2x XP for riftys, etc. Frigate Fvf would be fun to see. Give ships that don't get used a reason to be equipped and geared. You might even get some auction house activity going again, etc.
Variety in the game doesn't exist much these days. Lets test our skills in different ships every so often. Rewarding folks for mixing things up a bit is needed.
We held a shuttle special olympics in my alliance last night...was a lot of fun. Naked shuttle race followed by a shuttle corp hit (which didn't go as expected, but was still fun) allowed old and new to participate and for them to win prizes. Plus, I had no idea a shuttle bust team could incite such anger in a few folks.
Anyways, just an idea for something different from the usual special events.

Grizellus
An example would be Frigate Fridays...where if you equip a Frigate..

That's a really good idea!
We'll try it after this weekend. I could see XP and loot bonuses for getting kills with specific low-end ships as well.

Cool! I appreciate you humoring an old player, Ozy, and for always being willing to listen to player feedback.

Something like a 2.0 weekend event might be cool, Where All Ships regardless of equipment fly at 2.0

+1 to small ship bonuses