special events thread

I'm going to agree with Griz here. I ran a titans and under bust team tonight and it was some of the most entertaining driving I've ever done. Plus we managed to take down a couple xiii garris, one of them defended by beams, and it felt like a major accomplishment. Fun concept.

Love the event, it kept me off of Heroes of Dire this weekend...

I'm open for other ideas on how we can reward different play styles similar to the Titan Event.

how about fix GB first and go from there.

The small ship bonus seems like one to roll out randomly. We had a great time with it.
By "we" I mean me and the voices in my head though, so maybe ask around.
What if one day a month all seeds, strongholds, and hives were random, even in black? Or even like 6 hours a month. Something short so people would have to log then but long enough to give a wide swath of time zones a chance. Then do a different time zone snapshot the next month.
My thought is it would give newer players better chances for drops in black, and generate more pew in invasions too. Maybe double invy cp at the same time, and triple it if it's on a seed/sh/hive.
Edit: just to be a little clearer, what I mean by "random" is that you don't know what level it is until you kill it. That way nobody can cherry pick the dread invies by scouting them.

Something that might be easy to do but also inspire more play would be a "corp olympics" event, where corps compete against each other in different categories. Make it a 3 day event...at the end, give out prizes of your choice to the corp with, I don't know, everything from most pvp kills to most single type of npc killed from different factions. Would be kinda like your guild quests in dire, but tailored to fit TIB.
One other thing to give a slight shakeup, especially after all the 2x cp events, would be a new map and another big heal reset. Let's get these alliances moved around. Make it even more interesting and only put in sector strings that are, at max, 5 sectors long. Maybe exposing more xx garrisons at any given time would inspire more busting...or cause alliances to split their clusters into 2 different areas. Something to think about...

I don't main a tech, buuuut I think they could use some love. Maybe double bonuses for techs and damage reduction removal for a weekend? >:). Would be cool to see some real bfg techs come out for a new playstyle

Another idea: a regular event. Just like the Titan event now, just like one weekend every month, or even a day every month. That would make it worth specifically gearing ships to make the best of those events.

Super fun event :-) was fun trying to gear the smaller ships. Was like we were all noobs again lol. General consensus seemed to be that if we knew this would be a regular thing, it would be worth investing in. So let us know if you plan on doing more events like this! Thanks

Ozymandias
I'm open for other ideas on how we can reward different play styles similar to the Titan Event.

In the short-term, it might be cool to allow any ship special to be equipped by Titan or below during the event. Pvp was a little lacking as most didnt have great specials and switched back to mains for kills. Just a suggestion :-)