KILL OG CLIENTS

Kill the OG Clients and force everyone to use Unity, having to maintain every client is causing Ozy a headache to the point he will not add new content to TIB.

Unfortunately those clients are still used by half of the player base, and also account for 60% of all new player installs. They're more highly ranked on the app stores. Killing them would cut our new player growth in half.

As it looks now in google store, it is quite hard to notice that there are actually two different client versions and it is not the usual demo&full version.
If the original client is really a problem then at least please change the description and make note about which is recommended for new players.

We'll be re-branding all the clients soon to improve the distinction between each.

Yeah I would say probably 50% of new players that I talk to initially download the old client without knowing and I always recommend switching to new, and they do. Virtually everyone I've talked to says if it it's necessary for the game to progress they would have no problem making the switch

Eros
Yeah I would say probably 50% of new players that I talk to initially download the old client without knowing and I always recommend switching to new, and they do. Virtually everyone I've talked to says if it it's necessary for the game to progress they would have no problem making the switch

used to get a lot of new players on red server starting on the old ios client. Would do the same. talk them into unity. Not as big of a leap from OG to unity though. Similar styles.

Here's an exploding donut chart demonstrating our client fragmentation problem. The data were taken from active accounts within the past 30 days.

So since the old client will be unplayable on the 64 bit platform, will the App Store allow you to replace it with the unity client and keep the ratings and ranking? That only seems fair.

given that original android client is the most popular amongst android clients by... about 3x? and that the original iOS client is about... 5x LESS popular than iOS unity, wouldn't it be a strategic advantage both business-wise and for the player base, to have the original android client converted over?
that there graph suggests the lack of android's original is hampering iOS player retention. I'm no expert but it's not a close call there... pretty obvious differences. I'm implying a possible solution in a prominently labeled thread that this thread was created from as a result. refer there for more info if not seen already ;)
on a completely unrelated note, I'm shocked linux topped mac lol underdog pulled off and upset :)

I'm curious what that chart would look like if it were only single IP addresses and not people with many alts