KILL OG CLIENTS

nslfootfoot
I'm curious what that chart would look like if it were only single IP addresses and not people with many alts

I was wondering the same but there's 2 flaws in that:
1. alts do apply mutually to all clients -- though some clients are more alt-friendly than others (and some more SCRIPT friendly than others)
2. any clients connected to a same Wi-Fi router will still be under 1 IP address, and anyone attempting to bypass the alt limit negative effects would be using cell, proxy, or vpn, or combination thereof, polluting with more "unique" IPs. it's not a simple statistic to sample

I was going to post a donut chart but I ate all the donuts, so just imagine a picture of a bunch of donuts with some numbers.

ISHADOWI
Kill the OG Clients and force everyone to use Unity, having to maintain every client is causing Ozy a headache to the point he will not add new content to TIB.

You must be crazy. Kill the UNITY client and force everyone to use the old client. What what kill DIRE , RON and TIB2 , and force everyone to play TIB1?

Most of the "extreme" multiboxing occurs on Windows, so that one would shrink quite a bit, and the other ones would grow. I'm somewhat surprised at the number of people who just play on mobile, to be honest.

Amcilla
Most of the "extreme" multiboxing occurs on Windows, so that one would shrink quite a bit, and the other ones would grow. I'm somewhat surprised at the number of people who just play on mobile, to be honest.

the tib interface is much more touchscreen-friendly in pvp. better off not trying to pinpoint the mouse on each entity / button for every action when the speed of reaction determines results in a lot of cases
I wouldn't say there's any significant perks to non-pvp on pc though, more of a preference or matter of convenience (or scripting)
edit: I guess running 8 tibs on one screen is a perk in it's own right, for those who fancy it

Sterist

Amcilla

the tib interface is much more touchscreen-friendly in pvp. better off not trying to pinpoint the mouse on each entity / button for every action when the speed of reaction determines results in a lot of cases
I wouldn't say there's any significant perks to non-pvp on pc though, more of a preference or matter of convenience (or scripting)
edit: I guess running 8 tibs on one screen is a perk in it's own right, for those who fancy it

Much faster on pc then android touch screen. And both me and my wife normally play on Windows but the option to use unity client when not at home is rather nice.

If I was forced to no longer use the android version, I'd be playing far less than I am. The ability to bookmark sectors is the number one feature that unity doesn't have. The ease of driving and plotting sectors is another thing I like in android over unity. Of course, unity has its advantages, but android is still the winner for me (as the data shows).

We think we've found a solution to the client fragmentation problem, and this will allow us to do The Expansion without worrying about breaking the old clients, but there will be some caveats. We'll have more information about this later.

Amcilla
We think we've found a solution to the client fragmentation problem, and this will allow us to do The Expansion without worrying about breaking the old clients, but there will be some caveats. We'll have more information about this later.

I think I found one too, and again this thread was created in response to it, but this thread gets all the attention cuz the caps lock was on lol

All old clients will be getting a "final" publish in the coming weeks. They will continue to run and be supported, but all new features and content will happen on the new TIB Expansion client only.
Players will be free to continue playing the original game as-is, and also join the Expansion with their existing ships and gear.
The Expansion is a new universe containing 50+ maps with different factions and difficulty ratings, and jump gates connecting them all. It will also have new combat mechanics and items that make gameplay more interesting.
There are some details to work out on how exactly this happens which we can discuss tomorrow (June 24) on the live stream at 5:00pm US-Central http://www.Spellbook.TV