The Infinite Black Expansion!

heerend
OMG watchman, liquidate four+ years of my work and I'll simply curl up into a ball and cry. This all sounds very engaging. I'm looking forward to beta testing!

Gold and Unity are almost 2 different games as far as rule sets go, you can't apply something difficult for the "current highest level ships" to gold and expect anyone to ever be able to run that in any reasonable time frame is what I'm saying.
Case and point unity level spread of top 20 is 443-307
Gold is 282-116. Our best doesn't even rank up close in unity.

You gold folks sure complain a lot.
Are you seriously upset that veteran players will be able to access new content that newer players can't?
Because that's a constant in every mmorpg.

nslfootfoot

Gold and Unity are almost 2 different games as far as rule sets go, you can't apply something difficult for the "current highest level ships" to gold and expect anyone to ever be able to run that in any reasonable time frame is what I'm saying.
Case and point unity level spread of top 20 is 443-307
Gold is 282-116. Our best doesn't even rank up close in unity.

what mith said. Nothing stopping you from gearing up, levelling up and doing the high end stuff on the new server.

I think your missing my point here, I'm not entitled, I started this game 7 months ago and I know I'm definitely on a fast track and will be where I need to be relatively quickly to hold my own compared to most folks. My concerns are with the health of the server and if this expansion hits that the new content is going to be so far out of reach that the veterans who have parked their unity ships are going to say "so long and thanks for the fish". They've came here for a fresh start and different content and if that's nowhere within reach for gold (based on a lack of highly established player base) then they will leave and gold will die back quite a bit.
The same rules already don't apply to gold, and Unity is in its own level of maturity and needs to be handled differently. I'll be here either way, but if my gold family packs up and heads to Unity I'll be looking to take my transfer off the sinking ship to be with the folks I know. I'd just hate to see the neat little community we have divide.

As it stands tib is not going anywhere fast. All you're working towards is a fast track to nowhere.
Might it divide gold/unity as they stand now. I hope so. I hope the new stuff draws in new players and allows spellbook to show a profit to keep things going.

If ozy just listens to the vets then no wonder new players don't stay.
I understand what your saying Kickstarter supports get a say etc but you are giving control to vets, why would new players Support a game they can't progress or stay around to play.
like I mentioned ages ago player retention is solely down to being able to survive and not getting killed constantly. Just saying join an alliance etc etc don't work for new players, don't need to go into detail to explain why, most with a brain can figure that out. Keep people playing=money for SB.
Yes we all know it's a PvP game but to play PvP you have to get to a decent lvl and people don't stay long enough to spend money.
Making all these changes won't keep new players imo these are just for keeping the vets happy.
Keep new players and older players interested make a zone where they can farm etc and have just the same chance on finding loot as PvP areas with out dying loads and spending creds on repairing gear and replacing lost gear, this way they have the option after gearing up to enjoy the game for what it is.
Rep down makes no difference it is what it is.

jessredX
If ozy just listens to the vets then no wonder new players don't stay.
I understand what your saying Kickstarter supports get a say etc but you are giving control to vets, why would new players Support a game they can't progress or stay around to play.
like I mentioned ages ago player retention is solely down to being able to survive and not getting killed constantly. Just saying join an alliance etc etc don't work for new players, don't need to go into detail to explain why, most with a brain can figure that out. Keep people playing=money for SB.
Yes we all know it's a PvP game but to play PvP you have to get to a decent lvl and people don't stay long enough to spend money.
Making all these changes won't keep new players imo these are just for keeping the vets happy.
Keep new players and older players interested make a zone where they can farm etc and have just the same chance on finding loot as PvP areas with out dying loads and spending creds on repairing gear and replacing lost gear, this way they have the option after gearing up to enjoy the game for what it is.
Rep down makes no difference it is what it is.

im not sure u even read the details on the expansion or watched the podcast.
and tbh all this complaining that new players cant grow is crap imo when i first started tib was far more active with far more killing fleets and we all grew just fine. we didnt have a seperate server to farm in peace on. and now with the expansion ppl will be lucky to ever see a hunt fleet while solo farming. so nub growth should be super easy

Seriously. I was getting killed 5+ times a day when I started on red server. It's easier to farm on Unity now than it was to farm on red then.

I'm making changes that people who support via kickstarter want. Without them we couldn't be doing any of this anyway.
That may or may not translate to a better game for new players, but that's up to you guys. Request the changes you want to see.
It's already a pretty crappy experience for new players, so why worry? More PvE content, exploration, and tutorials will be great regardless of anything else we do.

nslfootfoot

I understand this distant carrot for Unity due to server age but how will this translate on gold being years behind? Are we looking at those years on top of progression time before we will be active in this new content successfully? If so I could see a lot of people abandoning things on the gold side to pick up their unity mains. Hopefully there is consideration to this and an accelerated means for gold to catch up and get our foot in the door working on new stuff faster

i think its called transfer to unity. gold is new, not years behind...its your choice to stay in the kiddie pool instead of the big leagues