The Infinite Black Expansion

GMonk

You don't trust a main lead? That is more crazy than saying you can't kick a rogue lead. Every game allows rogue leads to be kicked but TIB. Oh wait... just email spellbook let them get involved when a rogue lead goes crazy. Yea that's a better system. Ask GOC, GNG, and other corps that are held hostage or spellbook had to step in...
Or just ask the corps that don't promote new leads because they are worried about spies and rogue leads. Yea that's a good system too.
Ozy, let your games run down... makes sense.

Way better then having one donk walk off with everything. That leads to the lower guys thinking, well dang i'll never be "the" lead and they move on.
Or the main lead gets bored or dissapears.
It's just a bad system to have one top lead.

There are pros and cons to both leadership systems.
The "one leader" system isn't going to happen in TIB. We're about 6 years too late, and I'm not going to try to figure out who the "real" leader is for existing corps.
We can give SuperOfficers more power to manage the corp.

Ozymandias
There are pros and cons to both leadership systems.
The "one leader" system isn't going to happen in TIB. We're about 6 years too late, and I'm not going to try to figure out who the "real" leader is for existing corps.
We can give SuperOfficers more power to manage the corp.

im sure every corp in tib could tell u their pecking order to whos been there the longest and whos best suited for that spot. least the corps ik. and thats not the only solution. like others have mentioned we could have a vote system.

I couldn't pick a main lead in my corp. We all do different stuff.
I also can't think of a single lead that wouldn't step down if asked though, so maybe we arent a great example of this issue.

I have came suggestion to new ranking system.
Founder:
- one who created the corp. Place can also be bought by commander or leader by 500k . only who can rename the corp .
-can promote up to Commander. - can also recall garrison. cant withdrawn corp funds.
-Founder bonus could be Terraforming/science +15% effectivity.
Leader:
-leader is voted by officers and above - has ability to leave/join alliance. Also funds and recalling is hes main job.
(need 70% from available votes. so. if there 10 officer and 10 superofficer. atleast 14 have to had voted same person.)
Leader bonus could be Free garry placement garrison.
Commander:
-(old leader) Leader can promote players to commanders.
(i like to have commanders to change their title by chat command.. :title Rift = hes now an Rift Commader...
Commander bonus could be +5% to hit .
Superofficers_
-old superofficer)
.super officer bonus could be +3% evasion
Officer:
-(old officer) has give option to vote leader when promoted.
Officer bonus could be +2% damage
Classified member:
-new clas for members ,i feel this has its needs too to make old members to feel better.
member:
-old member)
recruit
-(old recruit)
voting could be made in chat commands :vote name . :vote info gives u names to chooce.
This could be made to vote allaince leader as well. but thats another thing.

TSin
I have came suggestion to new ranking system.

IMHO the actual ranking system is OK for the actual corp sizes. It's up to the players to fill it with meaning. If they can't, then more ranks would be also just pointless.
If anything, then add some medals to the system instead.

Hey ozy, I really like the idea you mentioned about possibly making corps and alliances smaller. It would be great and make the game much more interesting having lots of different alliances say with a max of for corps and maybe 5 players per corp. Then there could possibly be a lot of really good alliances and not just two always.
Secondly, to add to topic, maybe there could be an option where alliances could align themselves with other alliances and have something like a toggle switch that a leader could turn off pvp with the alliance they team up with. They wouldn't be able to pvp together per say otherwise what's the point of having individual alliances. However they could at least work together to protect there area. Anyway I really think you are onto something there. Thanks.
12remember

Ozy im really excited about this expansion been playing for 3 yrs now and still playing and this will probably be the only game i do play amd spend money on especially after the expansion

Hey ozy I also agree with cutting down corp/ally sizes..but your main key here is making sector caps like u did in rings of night..it worked really well..if you do split up things abit make sure you make the separate aly squad chats...leave the huge fleet battles for home planet fights.

Has the dev team considered push notifications for the expansion? It would be great to get important news without needing a 3rd party app.