Ship Construction Yards

Only problem with things like that in a game where people min max is it gets stupid.
Nobody would want anything but the best of the best rest would be pretty well worthless. Even if it was a tiny tiny advantage.
Being able to create the main ship and then add ons for it would be nice. Something to encourage there to be uses for the different versions.
One new ship might be lets say a Centurion
one version has 4 guns and standard battery capability
another version ony holds 3 guns but battery is better
another has 2 guns but can carry extra drones.
Depending on what you're doing you'd want different versions.

Low-quality crafted ships would be great for selling or gifting to new players. The difference would be minor, bordering on statistically insignificant. It's more of a prestige thing.
All ships will have Level Points you will assign into stats, instead of the automatic level bonuses we have now.
Those points could also unlock things like extra weapon or drone slots.

Ok have been reading post on ways to mod ships for durability and upgrades love the 200 to 250 ship natural mortality only so much duct tape u can slap on and the drones being a add on to invetory instead of secondary units. Id like to see healer drones or stunner types or grappling drones more customized units. And as for the extra guns and shields and such being addon types thats awsome not only does the gear get damave but so does the extra gun mount or shield attacher or something to thoes affects. Juzt sayen to keep gear moving and ship augmenting a art form not a slap together. But awsome cant wait for tib2 the expansion edision hehehe

Destroying an unprotected ship yard will dump its resources out into the sector.
Proposal #1: Ships should have a Durability that cannot be repaired. Something like 1000 deaths before they become broken. This is very important to keep the ship market fluid, but I know some people will resist the idea. Would appreciate feedback.

First line immediately brings me PVP thoughs. hunting gangs wont let anyone build anything . and u need big alliance to protect it and feed resources quicker.
The way it may work is IF crafting is quick 20min-100min. Another is that clusters will be created so that shipyard wil be putted behind. wich practically eliminate pvp from it and only gives one ship for alliance at once.
So i rather have quick crafting. That leads to second proposal (1000 deaths) is way too much for ships made like this.
I would say only 10-100 deaths to keep cycling going on quick and game interesting.
I like that u can lose ship eventually. practically you would not fly it if it has only 1 death left, you need new one.

Xariol

back in the day. good place for it. welcome to the future.
having HC gear would give people somehting to lose. huge advantage but can be lost easy.

where is the risk if u never have to worry about losing anything? esp now if theres talks of no item stealing. whats the reason to not return for the 50th time in an hr to a fight if u have nothing to lose? pvp gets stupid after hrs when u can have 1 person die 100 times and just keep coming back cuz he has nothing to lose cuz hes using rare gear just to collect cp.
but welcome to the present where we have participation awards and prizes for everyone cuz god forbid we say someone loses.

TSin
First line immediately brings me PVP thoughs. hunting gangs wont let anyone build anything .

This game has never held anyone's hand or been about artificial protections. We'll be helping new players out with some new mechanics, but advanced players shouldn't expect the same babysitting.
Besides, there are other ways to get ships such as the auction house.

Will the construction time scale to the ship? I.e. Devastator takes much less time than an anni or termi?

I'm not sure how we'll want to time construction. There will be lead-up time where the builders dump resources into it, and then a build cooldown once construction begins.
That build cooldown might be as short as 1 hour, or several days. It's up to you guys to figure out what is most fun.

I think it would be worth considering having the option to repair your ship in a shipyard. You'd be locked out for some period of time determined by your ship's size and how bad the damage was. That's frequently why you 'haul out' in real life. Check your welds, fix your broken stuff, touch up the paint and away you go. The permanent damage thing is what kept me from ever being able to really sink my teeth into RON.

I dunno.
Planets provide ships. Depending on the level, all ships.
I feel the concept is a good idea, I feel that the use for small ships kinda defeats the purpose of planets and the mass investment put into them.
Here is a thought
Player earns a ship yards via CP and drops it much like you are saying. Cost of the ship yard could very on just how big a ship you want. You could make it so resources were needed or you could make it a timed thing so the better the ship the longer it takes and the bigger target it becomes. If it had garrison mechanics a successful defense could reduce time of ship build and destruction of shipyard yeilds the CP Spent divided among the attackers. Maybe that is to detailed but it is a thought. Only one ship yard per alliance can be deployed.