New Feature: Strike Groups!

The Infinite Black: Expansion will include a Strike Group feature in Fleet vs Fleet combat that gives new players and smaller corporations additional tools for defensive participation.
Strike Groups are a team of ships assigned to defend Alliance Planets, Corporate Garrisons, and the new Corporate Outpost installation. Each strike group is composed of 4 ships (Small, Medium, Large, Huge) giving new players with smaller ships more value in the corporation.
Improved enemy AI code controls the Strike Group with advanced fleet strategies, using mechanics like Grapple, Technician repairs, and focus-fire. You do not need to be online when attacked -- Your strike group will automatically defend and earn valuable PvP rewards!
There can be several Strike Groups assigned to defense, and they will only deploy as needed based on the number of attackers. Garrisons, Planets, and Outposts cannot be attacked until their Strike Group reserves are depleted. This allows smaller corporations and alliances to survive without always keeping members online for defense, and creates a new event for everyone to enjoy!
(Information from Kickstarter Updates)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967658980/the-infinite-black-expansion/

Dear Ozy,
In the expansion please give the invader more splash so it is useful. At least 20. Oh, and splashing drones makes splash garbage.
Thank you.
Ps, bad ass improvement with the whole strike group thing. I am really looking forward to the "outposts" as well.

Think what is most fear in this ,are that, Computer usually beats humans in reaction times and makes no mistakes.
Other is that ,will offline strike group override online players? and thus. theres only same defence group defending busts. How u would change/jump that offline group out of defencing and let other group ready to hit attackers?
So my fear is that strike groupwill be allways the same. need strongest inactive players log once and join the team and then base is practically safe. same fights repeat often..might go boring in same point.
Well iam hoping there will be way around these.
At least theres no reason to cheak whos online anymore, can go and be sure theres allways defend ready =) ,Sleep well now on =) .
I also assume that one ship can be take part only one strike group.
But wheres goes the limit.. of making it too hard /or giving easy cp ,that all bases are fully protected allways? sounds hard question to me.
I would put few limitations on there..
-- give each account, dayly max bust/raid/strike group ,maybe 5 times. these can be separated so 15 total. maybe more things could have that,wich i dont have though yet.
Those could also be one of dayly task in future to give small prize. or try win it in weekly competiton.
That would lead to situation where in one day u cant do full cluster roll with same team u need more players. same goes for defence.
Also it gives reason to make different kind strike groups with different players.
Anyway. iam looking forward to see this too. however. i stated earlier how i hate battles in outposts. something like trading posts shouldnt be allowed for attacked, theres just something wrong about idea. Sounds more like Terrorist assault to me.

ok moving my post here from spaceport ..

Does this totally replace online defenders? sounds kinda boring not to be needed to play anymore there.
however. FLeet vs fleet out side?, is it posible to defenders fleet pass that garry under attack to go open space to attack enemy fleet, if theres even be one.and in that case.. strike group (offliners) go first, as computer is so damm fast thinking about it =).
then again if we decide to bust garry with 50 ships. are we all in that one garry sector against as many strike groups to match our size. OR if not enough strike groups only like 15vs 15 then ? random kicking out of sector? or out powered gb 50vs15?

You're making a lot of assumptions. It isn't coded yet.
These are high-level design concepts still and we have a lot of details to work out together.
Kickstarter backers get to playtest every aspect of the new mechanics, remove what they don't like, and improve what they do.
We're not going to make bad changes.

IF theres more than asumptions its to start conversation to get people get up ideas to how to do it before u start code it ;) . so it goes right in first effort :p

So if theres 15 strike groups on a garrison maybe limit it to 5 ships per player in total groups? So 60 offline ships in strike groups means 1 player can only add 5 of those. Those numbers dont have to be set in stone. But busting should be just as hard as defending imo. Full xx cluster with 15 strike groups means awhile of fun for all. Id also say deadlock the sector for x amount of deaths for instance 1 player dies and comes back to continue the fight should be limited to say 3 deaths or so. Make it where skill comes into play and eventually there will be a winner