New Feature: The Outpost

The Expansion will see many new crafting features that have long been missing, allowing players to build items and ships with harvested resources. There are 5 crafting components: Organics, Metals, Radioactives, Gas, and Darkmatter -- Only Metal and Darkmatter currently have a purpose, but the expansion will add more with item blueprints and shipyards.

Wouldn't it be great if Corporations could buy and sell resources on the open market to get what they need, or sell off what they don't? The Outpost is a new defense installation for that purpose, plus more!

Outposts are like armed Starports where Corporation officers set buy or sell prices for resources, and add or remove Credits from transactions. Additionally, Outposts can be equipped with weapons, armor, and Strike Groups for self-defense should an enemy decide to raid the store. A destroyed Outpost will drop 10% of its Credits and Resources.

Corporate Leaders can toggle Movement Blocking if they want the Outpost to prevent non-members from passing through their territory. Each Outpost has a Rank and Progress (similar to Garrisons) so that members can improve the strength of the installation, allowing more powerful items to be equipped.

(Information from Kickstarter updates)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967658980/the-infinite-black-expansion/posts/1939493

first i like the idea but then you put it raidable? why. why would any out of top3 alliance use it they will be raided each day.
Other think is when officers and above are able to collect money from it there usually nothing to raid(maybe ressources only) IF corporation is active.. well no reason to put one up if its not.
So, no fights please.
I like the idea of putting corporations to battle prizes of materials ,where to go sell or buy sounds cool, maybe even dangerous if u know what i mean ;) .
Idea of crating any items are also bad if u make it like dire where only few players need to focus hard on it to start dominate item production.
ofc it would be neat if i can produce any item i need, but that sounds just short cut for it. I Rather use resouces to fix items/ships.
Other idea is that you going to add blueprints of items as drops.. u know, killing npc u might find its type of blueprint of something, u could sell that or use to learn it so u can build that item.(aka not needing years of crafting experience).
once u find one item. u start crafting that so,more u craft higher rarity/condition it could come.. so u dont craft all the items u specialize to one to get it done good.

This more and more looks like X-on-tiles
Those (Ego X series) are great games, but you have to know that they could never balance out the ecological aspect of the game. Most relevant parts were swept under the rug of a GOD engine - and those are sandbox games, without any P2W side.
As the expected scale of destruction in this 'expansion' unfolds - well, guess it'll be a pain in the a*ss to keep this economy playable.
'up to you. Outpost should be dirt cheap to be replaced 'cause they will be primary (and stationary) targets.

You guys don't know the mechanics of the "outpost raiding" yet. In addition Ozy has already made it clear backers will have input into making things balanced. Roll with the new content, and help him adapt it to create balance.

Yeah CapitalGains hit it.
Too many fairies hitting negativity, let the truth be told by play-testing.
BTW: Paying into Kickstarter, any chance using a trusted safe measure like PayPal?

In the spirit of balancing the game I do have a concern and some comments. I think that a lot of players would agree that the resistance effects are underpowered.
Example:
Attacking Ship: +50 hit, +30 stun
Defending Ship : +100 eva, +100 stun res
Even though it is impossible to have these defensive stats, the odds to stun the defending ship is 10%. And it is essentially 15% due to the reduced gun cooldown on misses.
If we use defensive numbers that can actually be achieved like: +60 Eva, +60 stun res, we are looking at 15% stun chance, and again it's actually closer to 23%.
It is even more evident if we look at Critical chance. It is pretty common for gb defense ships to have + 80 hit, +80 crit. If the defending ship has + 100 Eva, and +100 crit res (again impossible) the ship will be Critical 29% of the time. This is part of the reason gb mechanics are broken. Out of 10 ships, on average, 4 of them will crit for an average of over 3k each. Even if the targeted ship has good defensive stats.
In my opinion if someone uses every possible piece of gear with a resistance to a specific ability it should be effective, but in the current game it's not.
My proposals:
1. Eliminate the reduced cooldown time on misses. This will make the grap/stun/crit resist more effective along with evasion. Also with the new damage formula it will make the mid speed guns more of a value.
2. Change one of the two following things:
A). Simply multiply the resistance in the formula by 1.5 so 40 is actually 60.
B). Make the resistance on the gear better.
This will also make advanced shields, and advanced propulsion actually useful.

Ozy just added cooldown time on misses for folks with 100 hit. I'd be surprised if he undid that for all guns.

Also could we have more storage in garrisons? My thought is that the number of items that will nano could be limited but there could be an extra bank for storage. We have a lot of corp gear that rarely gets damaged but we still want to be available to folks.
Maybe double the bank size per garri level and make a nano bank and a storage bank?

Storing items on the Garrison is going away. Instead each corporation will have a bank where items can be added and removed from anywhere. Each item can also be tagged with what rank of member can remove them.

Omg that's awesome.
Will it be tagged with an "owner?" Like could we flag something as being owned by the Corp or would it default to whomever bought it?